Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titans weak defense and importance of turnovers
Oddly, Nashville is the closest NFL city to me now that I live in extreme southern Illinois. This game to me is either a semi-shocking Bengal's upset victory or a curb stomp with Derrick Henry getting 300 yards or something.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 01:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Exactly!  Here’s how Adam Jones put it in his tweet: "The DBs, y'all playing catch and tackle. They must be teaching y'all that s--- too.”

To be accused of playing “catch and tackle” is an extreme insult to a defensive back.  That’s like accusing an offensive lineman of whiffing on blocks on purpose.  “Catch and tackle” means the defensive back ALLOWS a completion THEN makes a tackle; it’s how you play prevent defense in garbage time when you’re way ahead.

To be fair to the Bengals, before last week when we had to play all back up CBs our pass defense was top 10 in the league (8th in pass efficiency allowed).

It was the only thing we were doing well.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:26 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Oddly, Nashville is the closest NFL city to me now that I live in extreme southern Illinois. This game to me is either a semi-shocking Bengal's upset victory or a curb stomp with Derrick Henry getting 300 yards or something.

I was at the very first game played in the stadium.  Titans Falcons preseason 1999.

In 2011 I made a big deal of telling everyone that I was so disappointed in the front office that I was not going to make my annual trip to PBS, but I still saw them play the Titans in Nashville.  It was our only win against a team with a winning record that year.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I was at the very first game played in the stadium.  Titans Falcons preseason 1999.

In 2011 I made a big deal of telling everyone that I was so disappointed in the front office that I was not going to make my annual trip to PBS, but I still saw them play the Titans in Nashville.  It was our only win against a team with a winning record that year.

Wasn't Buffalo undefeated when we beat them in 2011?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:58 AM)jason Wrote: Wasn't Buffalo undefeated when we beat them in 2011?

Yes. but Titians were the only team we beat that finished with a winning record.

The next to the last game of the season was between 8-6 Bengals and 7-7 Cards.  We were both fighting for a playoff spot.  It was a big win for us, but Arizona finished 8-8.

Titans finished 9-7 just like us, but we got playoff spot thanks to head-to-head win.
Reply/Quote