Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titans weak defense and importance of turnovers
If we can find five healthy O-linemen we should be able to score against the Titans.  Their defense is weak.

Yards per play
Ten...24th (6.0)
Cin...26th (6.1)

Rush yds per carry
Cin...27th (4.9)
Ten...28th (4.9)

Pass efficiency
Ten...13th (92.0)
Cin...18th (94.6)

Sacks
Cin...25th (10)
Ten...31st (7)

Pressure %
Ten...27th (19.5)
Cin...30th (17.7)

The only thing that the Titans defense really does better than us is force turnovers.  They are 4th in the league in percentage of drives ended with a turnover (17.5%) while we are 21st (10.3%).  This could be a big problem because the Titans offense is 2nd in the league in lowest percentage of drives ending with a turnover (4.8%) while the Bengals are 23rd (12.7%)
Reply/Quote
Yeah, they are 5-1, but not an intimidating 5-1 like Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I believe their only solid win was against the Bills (crushed them) Not saying we win, but definitely have a shot at an upset.
Reply/Quote
What’s the comparison on points allowed? Sounds like they run the bend but don’t break strategy effectively while we bend and break easily.
Reply/Quote
Just looked at their scores, they do give up a lot of points. Gonna be a shootout it seems.
Reply/Quote
As we’ve seen all season long, when a team is struggling, they get right against the Bengals. I expect to see the Titans play the best defense they have all season on Sunday. Their biggest problems are pass rush (get 3 backup Oline to go against now) and slow corners (they get Adoree Jackson back this week).
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah, they are 5-1, but not an intimidating 5-1 like Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I believe their only solid win was against the Bills (crushed them) Not saying we win, but definitely have a shot at an upset.

They missed a field goal at the end of the game on the road that would have taken pitt to OT with all the momentum on their side.

The Titans are the real deal, they play pitt in Tennessee not ketchup field, and they'd be 6-0.

This is not a good game for the Bengals. Derrick Henry is probably having trouble sleeping with how excited he is for this weekend. 

And as to the OP, compare where they are in points allowed versus where the Bengals are... it's 153 (them) to 194 (us). That is a significant stat to look at as well.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They were talking about this game earlier on Sirius. They said they would not be shocked if the Bengals won. Surprised yes, shocked no. They will be shocked if KC loses. If our tackles can hold (Johnson and Adniji, we have a shot.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 02:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: They missed a field goal at the end of the game on the road that would have taken pitt to OT with all the momentum on their side.

The Titans are the real deal, they play pitt in Tennessee not ketchup field, and they'd be 6-0.

This is not a good game for the Bengals. Derrick Henry is probably having trouble sleeping with how excited he is for this weekend. 

And as to the OP, compare where they are in points allowed versus where the Bengals are... it's 153 (them) to 194 (us). That is a significant stat to look at as well.

Yeah, but they also beat the Jags, Vikings, Broncos (4-15) by a combined 6 points. They are not world beaters. 
Reply/Quote
As much as I would like to be optimistic about playing the Titans well, um, I just can't. Even if the Tennessee defense is weak I can't see how the Bengals' defense stops Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry. Just remember a 21 point lead isn't safe enough.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 02:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And as to the OP, compare where they are in points allowed versus where the Bengals are... it's 153 (them) to 194 (us). That is a significant stat to look at as well.

But they have played one fewer game.  PPG is not that big of a difference

Ten...25.5
Cin...27.7
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 02:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Even if the Tennessee defense is weak I can't see how the Bengals' defense stops Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry.  

Argh
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 02:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But they have played one fewer game.  PPG is not that big of a difference

Ten...25.5
Cin...27.7

I totally spaced out and forgot they missed a game from the Covid... good call.

Maybe that 5-1 isn't that impressive after all. I just know as I watched them play the steelers in the 2nd half I kept thinking to myself that it would get ugly the next week against Cincy. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:11 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Maybe that 5-1 isn't that impressive after all. I just know as I watched them play the steelers in the 2nd half I kept thinking to myself that it would get ugly the next week against Cincy. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

They did look good in that second half, but Ben helped a lot by throwing 3 picks.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They did look good in that second half, but Ben helped a lot by throwing 3 picks.

Yes I think Ben’s 3 picks were very significant in this game .I expected the Steelers to blow them out.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 02:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But they have played one fewer game.  PPG is not that big of a difference

Ten...25.5
Cin...27.7

So, Titans win by a FG?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 01:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What’s the comparison on points allowed? Sounds like they run the bend but don’t break strategy effectively while we bend and break easily.

We dont bend. We just straight snap.
Reply/Quote
So far our "defense" has been the perfect tonic for slumping players and teams...

Like Baker Mayfield who when not playing us has been pretty bad. It's something like a 124 passer rating against us and an 80 IIRC against the rest of the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 12:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, Titans win by a FG?

More like a safety.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 02:10 AM)Joelist Wrote: So far our "defense" has been the perfect tonic for slumping players and teams...

Like Baker Mayfield who when not playing us has been pretty bad. It's something like a 124 passer rating against us and an 80 IIRC against the rest of the NFL.

Exactly! Here’s how Adam Jones put it in his tweet: "The DBs, y'all playing catch and tackle. They must be teaching y'all that s--- too.”

To be accused of playing “catch and tackle” is an extreme insult to a defensive back. That’s like accusing an offensive lineman of whiffing on blocks on purpose. “Catch and tackle” means the defensive back ALLOWS a completion THEN makes a tackle; it’s how you play prevent defense in garbage time when you’re way ahead.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 12:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, Titans win by a FG?

A field goal and two touchdowns more than likely.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote