No comment
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To my fellow gun owners....
I personally see the Christmas cards with family with all these guns from their 5 year old kids up as lame. Overcompensating. Maybe it's a culture difference, maybe I just don't see why people think that is Christ like (Jesus would never), maybe it's to defend from the war on Christmas.

I know many have drawn the line in politics, so I'm going to do a private poll and I really want to know. How many of yall think these family Christmas photos are "cool".

Gun owners and no gun owners.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think they're dumb, but I also don't give two shits that anyone takes them. I find the attempts by some to link these photos to being dismissive of a recent school shooting far more disturbing then these pictures.
Reply/Quote
Do you think they should at least read the room and kinda tone it down given the school shootings? Specifically them highlighting that they've bought their 5 year old kids guns?

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 07:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Do you think they should at least read the room and kinda tone it down given the school shootings? Specifically them highlighting that they've bought their 5 year old kids guns?

More people are killed in Chicago by gang gun violence every weekend than the tragedy in Michigan.  Are those lives less worthy of "reading the room?"  They are expressing their support of their constitutional rights.  Again, it's not something I would do as I don't advertise my firearms collection or make a big deal of what I own.  I will reiterate though, I find the attacks against the pictures far more worthy of scorn than the pictures themselves.
Reply/Quote
If your guns are your entire personality, you shouldn't own a gun.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 08:16 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: If your guns are your entire personality, you shouldn't own a gun.

It's just virtue signaling for the right.  That's it.

"Look we love guns!  Vote for us!"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Massie has turned into a troll/attention-*****. He used to be pretty cool. I used to talk to him about cars. He has a nice 1993 Mustang Cobra (Red).
The gun Christmas card was pretty dumb. If I'm being honest, I'm somewhat repulsed by anyone who uses one little niche to define their person. It's sad that someone is so bland that they need that crutch to be remotely interesting (football teams included).

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 07:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: More people are killed in Chicago by gang gun violence every weekend than the tragedy in Michigan.  Are those lives less worthy of "reading the room?"  They are expressing their support of their constitutional rights.  Again, it's not something I would do as I don't advertise my firearms collection or make a big deal of what I own.  I will reiterate though, I find the attacks against the pictures far more worthy of scorn than the pictures themselves.

If black parent's posed with their 5 year old kids in Chicago with the guns they got them for Christmas in Christmas cards as gun and gang violence is going on then I'd say the same yes. But you don't see that which is why this is a cultural thing, as far as what is acceptable or seen by so called Christians as ok and this vision of being armed is christ like, worthy of showcasing while celebrating his birth. 

If this was a black or brown family, it would certainly be viewed differently, as you see in in the undertone with conservatives deflecting to bringing up gang violence in Chicago everytime a mass shooting takes place. More people are killed a lot of places each day then the Michican kids, not just Chicago, but conservative media just reports on Chicago for "some" reason. I don't think that was the point of my post, but since you brought it up.... No you don't see gang members sending Christmas cards with them posing with their arsenol including thier 5 year old kids.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 08:16 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: If your guns are your entire personality, you shouldn't own a gun.

I completely agree.  I these cases I think it's more about showing yourself as an "ally" than anything else.  Again, not something I would ever do.

(12-08-2021, 09:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's just virtue signaling for the right.  That's it.

"Look we love guns!  Vote for us!"

I completely agree.  Now, if you'd extend this observation to the obvious times the left is doing the same thing then you'd be in great shape to call out bullshit of all forms.

(12-08-2021, 09:33 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Massie has turned into a troll/attention-*****. He used to be pretty cool. I used to talk to him about cars. He has a nice 1993 Mustang Cobra (Red).
The gun Christmas card was pretty dumb. If I'm being honest, I'm somewhat repulsed by anyone who uses one little niche to define their person. It's sad that someone is so bland that they need that crutch to be remotely interesting (football teams included).

Yeah, again, it's a lame attempt to appear pro gun.  It's not something I'd ever do.  I don't define myself by my likes and dislikes and I would never use my family as a prop.  But at the end of the day I still find the outrage and responses about it more telling than the pictures themselves.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, again, it's a lame attempt to appear pro gun.  It's not something I'd ever do.  I don't define myself by my likes and dislikes and I would never use my family as a prop.  But at the end of the day I still find the outrage and responses about it more telling than the pictures themselves.

Agreed....people need to just get over this.  Plus if we outlawed guns they'd just be making Christmas cards with everyone in the family holding a knife or a baseball bat or driving a car into someone. 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: If black parent's posed with their 5 year old kids in Chicago with the guns they got them for Christmas as gun violence is going on then I'd say the same yes. But you don't see that which is why this is a cultural thing, as far as what is acceptable or seen by so called Christians as ok and this vision of being armed is christ like, worthy of showcasing while celebrating his birth.

Massie is from Kentucky, not Michigan, so your attempted comparison falls apart immediately. 

If this was a black or brown family, it would certainly be viewed differently. [/quote]

It would be viewed differently, by those who conflate gun ownership to racial stereotypes.  I have zero issue with any law abiding family owning guns, I don't know if those across the ideological spectrum would concur.  My position on gun ownership is not predicated on the ethnicity of the gun owner.  Would you say the same?
Reply/Quote
I don't have an issue with gun ownership either. I am wondering what part of society thinks these pictures is "cool" or get a tingle in their spine when they see them.

You don't and I respect that. But many do I guess? And that I find odd. Not to influence the poll.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:33 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Massie has turned into a troll/attention-*****. He used to be pretty cool. I used to talk to him about cars. He has a nice 1993 Mustang Cobra (Red).

I wonder if this is better or worse than "using children" in protest or when kids swore in that commercial one time?

Ninja...sort of.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed....people need to just get over this.  Plus if we outlawed guns they'd just be making Christmas cards with everyone in the family holding a knife or a baseball bat or driving a car into someone. 

And really its what Christmas is really all about.  Jesus would want his birthday remembered that way. Ninja
Reply/Quote
I know he isn't from Michigan. I said read the room as far as knowing what just happened with parents buying their 13 year old kid a gun and while maybe you don't agree with them comaring the two, it shouldn't really have to happen if the person would be thoughtful enough to think maybe nows not the time to highlight that I've bought my 5 year old a gun. Common decency. You don't have to be from Michigan to maybe consider how that looks or "read the room" that's all I meant.

I know political correctness is frowned upon, but I mean people can at least self reflect and think maybe now isn't the time to highlight the culture of buying kids automatic weapons for Christmas.

That's all. Common decency is long gone. I understand that.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: And really its what Christmas is really all about.  Jesus would want his birthday remembered that way. Ninja

Well, the guy was born to be executed by the state, so sure.

Side note, my niece who is 5 had a bit of a breakdown in church because she put 2 and 2 together and realized that ceramic baby in the manger was the same guy who was hanging up on that cross.  She's too young to have that mindset where we love the angelic babies, but once they become troublesome adults we're all about capital punishment.
Reply/Quote
The religious right would be so furious with Jesus. They think he was a gun toting overcompensating man. They'd call him a snowflake (and fear him as a terrorist on a plane if you want to be honest). It is so interesting how politics have nearly done Christianity in.

But they are all going to hell anyway because God is pro choice. We may not like it, and we should preach his word, but people have their choice to folow or not. His greatest gift to man was free will. Trying to take that away condemns them to hell and that is that. But that is a topic for another day.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: I know he isn't from Michigan. I said read the room as far as knowing what just happened with parents buying their 13 year old kid a gun and while maybe you don't agree with them comaring the two, it shouldn't really have to happen if the person would be thoughtful enough to think maybe nows not the time to highlight that I've bought my 5 year old a gun. Common decency. You don't have to be from Michigan to maybe consider how that looks or "read the room" that's all I meant.

Then why did you put the hypothetical person in my rebuttal in Chicago?  Is location important or not?

Quote:I know political correctness is frowned upon, but I mean people can at least self reflect and think maybe now isn't the time to highlight the culture of buying kids automatic weapons for Christmas.

What automatic weapons were bought for kids?

Quote:That's all. Common decency is long gone. I understand that.

Common sense is certainly gone, this thread rather illustrates that.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 09:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't have an issue with gun ownership either. I am wondering what part of society thinks these pictures is "cool" or get a tingle in their spine when they see them.

You don't and I respect that. But many do I guess? And that I find odd. Not to influence the poll.

Go visit r/guns or r/firearms. You will find your answer.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 10:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Common sense is certainly gone, this thread rather illustrates that.

Why? These pics are a thing. They work with people who seem to like them. Is there something you disagree with as far as this thread and the reflection of why these thing pop up and why they work with people? I'm not sure I get your shot at the thread...

Besides YOU brought up Chicago. I wasn't even thinking about Chicago. Not sure what your are attempting to argue about, or what got you so worked up and defensive. I didn't start this thread as a shot at anyone (you), so no need to break down and resort to lame shots.

Reply/Quote