Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To the fire Marvin crowd if we lose tonight
Fire Marvin regardless of the outcome and hire Hue as the new head coach.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, but we can still count the strikes against the guy.  Let's see...

2005 - Carson injured - not on Marvin
2009 - Shank Graham missed 2 FGs under 31 yards, effectively taking Benson out of the game - not on Marvin
2011 - over-achieving rookies, can't even beat a 3rd string QB - doesn't count?  Too many rookies?
2012 - legit loss
2013 - most legit loss ever
2014 - injuries, blah blah blah - not on Marvin
2015 - if we lose it's because we didn't have our ace QB who tossed 1 TD for each 8 turnovers in the playoffs thus far - not on Marvin?

Haha!!!  I don't know.  For the most part I guess, it is how they look.  Even in the losses with decent excuses, they still looked unprepared and there seemed to be little to no half-time adjustments.  If it is that way again, I'm absolutely done with him.  But, if they look ready to play, we see good adjustments, and we keep the hammer down throughout the game, then I'm willing to give him another year.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:17 PM)Burma Wrote: You found the wrong thing then champ. You found what you wanted to find, as usual: someone you can label a hater. It's pretty sad really.  This season has been fantastic and I am delighted.

As to the poor little you "I am just a fan with an opinion, nothing more." line, save that bull shit for people who are new and haven't seen you rabidly attack anyone who didn't think the same thing about the team as you.

I'll say it again; you are so desperate to "home" that you have to make up a "hate".  It is pathetic.  Why are you so desperate?  You need professional help.

You must have me confused with others, I hate the homer and hater labels and have stated it over and over again. I see no hate in my title, my posts in this thread other that what you seem to be spewing. I choose to love and not hate even those I disagree with, how about you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This doesn't have to be a homer vs. hater issue. I see homers who say we should keep Marvin, and I'm a bit of a pessimist (not so much HATER, per se) and I think we should keep Marvin, too. Our conclusions are the same; but our thought processes are quite divergent.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You must have me confused with others, I hate the homer and hater labels and have stated it over and over again. I see no hate in my title, my posts in this thread other that what you seem to be spewing. I choose to love and not hate even those I disagree with, how about you?

You are utterly delusional. I watched your same old schtick on the old boards.  "Oh, I am a reasonable fan who hates labels, blah.. blah.. blah"  yet you home your ass off and rant on anyone you perceive as a hater. 

As they say, "A tiger can't change it's stripes".   It's apropos you are a Bengals fan. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
If Marvin Lewis is not the head coach who will bring Cincinnati to the promised land I do want him to stay in the Bengals' organization in some capacity. I'm not willing to give up on his innate ability to draft the perfect players for his system nor to abandon his almost father-like mentoring of young players with troubled pasts. Vontaze Burfict, for example, gives Marvin the credit for being the father he never had and helping straighten out his life.

Look, I love the Bengals and I want a winner. Marvin may or not be the final answer and tonight's grudge match against the Steelers will tell us all we need to know about this. If Cincinnati goes "one and done" in embarrassing fashion then there are options* out there the Front Office can discuss. Maybe Katie Blackburn can finally land her first choice from 2003, Tom Coughlin.

*No, Chip Kelly is not a viable option.
Reply/Quote
How about a straight up trade.. Marvin Lewis for Sean Payton? Lolz
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:14 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: It's pretty sad we're already anticipating a loss and what will happen if we do.  13 years folks.  13 years.  What makes you think anything will be different?  Haven't we all learned by now?

Dude, we live in Cleveland basically. You know sports are all about hope. Look at those Browns ******* line up every year "We're going to the super bowl this year, we beat you guys in preseason"
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll say it again.  If we lose because Mccarron struggles then I give Marvin a pass.

If we come out flat and the whole team looks like the ususal playoff crap then he needs to go.

Most of you know that I have been one of the stronger supporters of Marvin.  The way I see it the '10 season was the only one that should have possibly gotten him fired.  Most of the time in his playoff games the other team had more talent, but the losses have not even been close and there was no possible excuse for the '13 loss to the Chargers when we were a big favorite (7 points is huge in the postseason) at home.

So I won't say automatically to fire him based on a loss, but if the whole team looks like crap again I'd say he has to go.

Nailed it on all points. Well said !!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 03:01 PM)Burma Wrote: You are utterly delusional. I watched your same old schtick on the old boards.  "Oh, I am a reasonable fan who hates labels, blah.. blah.. blah"  yet you home your ass off and rant on anyone you perceive as a hater. 

As they say, "A tiger can't change it's stripes".   It's apropos you are a Bengals fan. 

OK? Mellow
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 05:16 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Nailed it on all points. Well said !!

I get what he's saying, but can't you always come up with excuses when a coach is fired?  Even if we look at Marvin:

2008 - Carson was injured
2010 - Carson and Chad and TO didn't want to be here
2011 - rookies abound
2012 - 2nd year players abound
2013 - whoops
2014 - injuries
2015 - injures
2016 - new OC(?) new DC(?) etc.
2017 - injuries
2018 - Dalton and Green don't want to be here
2019 - Mike Brown appoints his horse as GM
2020 - injuries
2021 - WWIII severely depleted the Bengals roster

Who else was fired?

Lovie Smith - He helped fix the defense and the Bucs haven't been good in a long time
Jim Tomsula - What was he supposed to do with that dumpster fire?
Every Browns HC since 1998 -  What was he supposed to do with that dumpster fire?
Dick LeBeau - the guy had Akili Smith as his QB...come on!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 01:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: For the love of Christ, the man has been here for 13 years. Just go out and win tonight. Enough ***** excuses.  

That wall of words just seems like a preemptive excuse.  And fwiw, coaches get shit canned all the time for not winning in the postseason. See: Schottenheimer, Marty.

Can't argue this.

But I don't see Mike Brown firing Marvin, ever.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 05:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get what he's saying, but can't you always come up with excuses when a coach is fired?  Even if we look at Marvin:

2008 - Carson was injured
2010 - Carson and Chad and TO didn't want to be here
2011 - rookies abound
2012 - 2nd year players abound
2013 - whoops
2014 - injuries
2015 - injures
2016 - new OC(?) new DC(?) etc.
2017 - injuries
2018 - Dalton and Green don't want to be here
2019 - Mike Brown appoints his horse as GM
2020 - injuries
2021 - WWIII severely depleted the Bengals roster

Who else was fired?

Lovie Smith - He helped fix the defense and the Bucs haven't been good in a long time
Jim Tomsula - What was he supposed to do with that dumpster fire?
Every Browns HC since 1998 -  What was he supposed to do with that dumpster fire?
Dick LeBeau - the guy had Akili Smith as his QB...come on!

So Mike Brown becomes Caligula ?

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mca9ba97fb356d7d591f2eddb2a25d...=244&h=155]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Since when did it start to matter what fans of the Bengals thought or felt?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 07:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Since when did it start to matter what fans of the Bengals thought or felt?

Since never. We do have our "theories" though ....  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Even if they lose this game in overtime due to a kickoff return partially because two coverage blockers break their own legs in a freak accident, Marvin should be fired. If Bengals win, and yes, you're right, they should - then they should make a statue in Marvin's honor.

In my opinion, Marvin's entire future depends solely on a win or a loss tonight.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm z starting to get sick to my stomach already. I don't kbow if it's just nerves or a feeling of impending doom. If Marvin can't get the win this time when it's means so very much to all of us, he should go.
We'll still have a great team but with a new leader. If he wins, he stays.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
So why was John Fox fired from the Broncos?
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, but my hunch tells me some would not jump onto the ML train with a win tonight. Maybe I am wrong.

I never have been on, never will be and don't insult trains.
Reply/Quote
I've always been on the train, hope to stay on the train, but a loss tonight and I'm getting off for The Hue Special.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote