Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To the fire Marvin crowd if we lose tonight
(01-09-2016, 08:11 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Even if they lose this game in overtime due to a kickoff return partially because two coverage blockers break their own legs in a freak accident, Marvin should be fired.  If Bengals win, and yes, you're right, they should - then they should make a statue in Marvin's honor.  

In my opinion, Marvin's entire future depends solely on a win or a loss tonight.

No sense to that argument.

Sports is a lot more complicated than you understand.  You should not fire a coach for something that is not the coaches fault.  And to claim that everything is the coaches fault is ignoring reality.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 01:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

This is one of the top 10 posts this forum has ever seen.  If you haven't replied this man, you're blowing it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why do folks keep bring up hypothetical scenarios that involve the Bengals losing?

Mark my ***** words...the Bengals will be playing in New England next week.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 08:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No sense to that argument.

Sports is a lot more complicated than you understand.  You should not fire a coach for something that is not the coaches fault.  And to claim that everything is the coaches fault is ignoring reality.

I already knew you wouldn't agree w/ me.  It's ok.
But it's more than about just this year and one game.  After this many chances, you have to win or you're done.  I don't want to continue losing in the playoffs and having "legitimate" excuses each year.It's complicated - yes, and may or may not be fair... But I don't know how you can really defend, if a loss tonight, the coach with the most playoff losses ever.  Coaches have been let go for MUCH less before.  I'm at the point, and have stated unequivocally and repeatedly, that at this point it really comes down to: 1) Win and you're a hero; 2) Lose and you're fired.  Accountability must start at the top.   
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 08:42 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I already knew you wouldn't agree w/ me.  It's ok.
But it's more than about just this year and one game.  After this many chances, you have to win or you're done.  I don't want to continue losing in the playoffs and having "legitimate" excuses each year.It's complicated - yes, and may or may not be fair... But I don't know how you can really defend, if a loss tonight, the coach with the most playoff losses ever.  Coaches have been let go for MUCH less before.  I'm at the point, and have stated unequivocally and repeatedly, that at this point it really comes down to: 1) Win and you're a hero; 2) Lose and you're fired.  Accountability must start at the top.   

That is a ridiculously simplistic logic that has failed repeatedly for teams like the Browns and Raiders.  

It is actually very rare for a coach to get fired after making the playoffs 5 straight years, and when winning teams do fire their coaches it usually does not make things any better.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 08:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is a ridiculously simplistic logic that has failed repeatedly for teams like the Browns and Raiders.  

It is actually very rare for a coach to get fired after making the playoffs 5 straight years, and when winning teams do fire their coaches it usually does not make things any better.

Meh... Call it whatever you want.  
I've stated my position.  I stand by it.  You don't have to agree. I find things I agree w/ you and things I don't.  No biggie.  Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 08:23 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I've always been on the train, hope to stay on the train, but a loss tonight and I'm getting off for The Hue Special.

This statement just sounds so wrong. Shocked
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 09:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This statement just sounds so wrong. Shocked

After re-reading that a couple more times, I finally caught what you're talking about.  
I need to proof read more carefully around this group  Tongue
Reply/Quote
FU Marvin Lewis....time for your ass to go....
Reply/Quote
:nicethread:

I eagerly await your next thesis.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
He deserves to get fired for the discipline of this team tonight. Freaking embarrassing.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Can't convince me with anything you say Marvin shouldn't be fired now.
That's all there is left to do w/ this season. So do it soon.
Reply/Quote
It took Bernard getting knocked out cold to light a fire under this team. Marvin needs fired. Plain and simple.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
**** **** **** fuckkk
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 08:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No sense to that argument.

no sense in sports because it's not a business. well it actually is but my point is that it's not a business of winning. it's a business of making money. your point is moot. b/c money is involved.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis lost control of his team and he needs to be fired. Not Monday; right now.
Reply/Quote
Just fire him already!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Here comes Marvin McGiggles in the press conference Monday.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:07 AM)Burma Wrote: :nicethread:

I eagerly await your next thesis.

No thesis, I said wait and see how it shakes out. The lack of control at the end of the game was a major issue for me, the refs were bad no doubt, but the penalty by Jones was bad.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:15 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Can't convince me with anything you say Marvin shouldn't be fired now.
That's all there is left to do w/ this season.  So do it soon.

I don't disagree, but also fire Hill.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote