Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
Sir Tom Brady- 18/38 for 287 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Andy Dalton- 28/41 for 268 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Dalton did this against the #1 defense in the NFL in their stadium, with no AJ, no Eifert, starting Cody Core for his first start in his career, and Jeremy Hill getting injured. And don't act like the game wasn't important to the Texans. Their divisional championship was on the line.

Just saying. Cool :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
But how bout that Brock Osweiler? He's got a lot of potential. I love the way he completely neutralizes a top 5 WR. I've tried to be a voice of reason when it comes to AJ McCarron. I try to keep people grounded, and help them to see that there is nothing special about him. Brian Hoyer would be an upgrade as a backup in my book... Anyway... I think the Texans could use him now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yep, Texans have a good defense. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 04:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sir Tom Brady- 18/38 for 287 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Dalton did this against the #1 defense in the NFL in their stadium, with no AJ, no Eifert, starting Cody Core for his first start in his career, and Jeremy Hill getting injured.  And don't act like the game wasn't important to the Texans.  Their divisional championship was on the line.  

Just saying.   Cool  :andy:

Good stuff. I like Dalton, he be good. Making Brady not look invincible in New England shows how good
that Defense is. Still happy we lost to the Texans as we get a much higher pick, could be a big difference
if Bullock made that kick.

If we get the O-line upgraded we will be back in the Playoffs next year. Probably facing the Texans with
that Defense and JJ Watt back. We will lose with Marv at the helm though i am sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 04:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sir Tom Brady- 18/38 for 287 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Dalton did this against the #1 defense in the NFL in their stadium, with no AJ, no Eifert, starting Cody Core for his first start in his career, and Jeremy Hill getting injured.  And don't act like the game wasn't important to the Texans.  Their divisional championship was on the line.  

This is the type of thing that turns people off of Andy Dalton. 

Man, you are one of Andy's biggest supporters and do the most to spotlight how average he is. Why even mention him in the same breath with Brady??? 

Really there is no on on the planet earth that thinks they are even close as QB's...so what do you do? Just remind us that:
Brady on a below average (Brady day)  puts up 34 and wins in the Playoffs against a quality team. 
Andy on a above average (Dalton Day)  puts up 10 in a regular season loss against a quality team. 

See how that just explimpies the fact that Andy is <<<<<<< Tom?
On 3 less attempts and 10 less completions Brady puts up the same amount of yards and twice the touchdowns. His team scores 34!!!!
Andy plays safe and it looks good on the stat line but produced 10 points (24 less) and a loss. We are the Bengals because Mike and Marvin think like you!

Stop the madness! We all know you are a stong supporter of Dalton...quit lying to yourself and trying to convince everyone else he is something he is not.
Reply/Quote

Yep, Tom and Andy; two sides of the same coin. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Ugh. Brady just won his 23Rd playoff game. 23!!!!! Andy has zero. Zero playoffs wins. They should never ever ever be mentioned in the same sentence again.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 05:01 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: This is the type of thing that turns people off of Andy Dalton. 

Man, you are one of Andy's biggest supporters and do the most to spotlight how average he is. Why even mention him in the same breath with Brady??? 

Really there is no on on the planet earth that thinks they are even close as QB's...so what do you do? Just remind us that:
Brady on a below average (Brady day)  puts up 34 and wins in the Playoffs against a quality team. 
Andy on a above average (Dalton Day)  puts up 10 in a regular season loss against a quality team. 

On 3 less attempts and 10 less completions Brady puts up the same amount of yards and twice the touchdowns. His team scores 34!!!!
Andy plays safe and it looks good on the stat line but produced 10 points (24 less) and a loss. We are the Bengals because Mike and Marvin think like you!

Stop the madness! We all know you are a stong supporter of Dalton...quit lying to yourself and trying to convince everyone else he is something he is not.

So effing true. Dalton is a good starting QB in the league. But Brady is Great with a capital G(OAT).

"Good" is ALL Dalton will ever be. He excels if and only if the players around him excel. This has been shown year in and year out. Brady excels regardless of his supporting cast. This too has been proven year in and year out. 

We need to accept these facts and stop trying to convince ourselves otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 05:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ugh.    Brady just won his 23Rd playoff game.    23!!!!!            Andy has zero.    Zero playoffs wins.    They should never ever ever be mentioned in the same sentence again.

Out of those 23 playoff wins, there have been only 4 that make a difference. Again, I ask, for the umpteenth time, if you don't win the last playoff game, what do the other ones get you, except a little extra spending money in their pocket????

Matt Ryan has only won 2 playoff games in 9 years.  If he wins the next two it will make 4 playoff wins in 9 years ..... BUT ..... he will have what Dan Marino, (8 wins) Ken Anderson, (2 wins) Boomer Esiason, (3 wins) Frank Tarkenton, (6 wins) and Jim Kelly (9 wins) don't have, and that's a championship, because he WON the LAST playoff game of the year!!!!
Reply/Quote

IF the Bengals could field a team with atleast average players at EVERY position...they could make some noise.

But instead, we field a team with a bad offensive line this year. Each of the last 6 years this team has had a fatal flaw at atleast 1 position group.

While Dalton played bad in playoff games...our defense generally melted down too.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 06:28 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Out of those 23 playoff wins, there have been only 4 that make a difference. Again, I ask, for the umpteenth time, if you don't win the last playoff game, what do the other ones get you, except a little extra spending money in their pocket????

Matt Ryan has only won 2 playoff games in 9 years.  If he wins the next two it will make 4 playoff wins in 9 years ..... BUT ..... he will have what Dan Marino, (8 wins) Ken Anderson, (2 wins) Boomer Esiason, (3 wins) Frank Tarkenton, (6 wins) and Jim Kelly (9 wins) don't have, and that's a championship, because he WON the LAST playoff game of the year!!!!

Each one of those wins gets the team closer to a chance at one of those "4".  The Pats have played in the AFC Championship game every year for the last 5 or 6.  They're the best franchise in the NFL.  The only goal for NE each year is a Lombardi.  The Bengals haven't had a chance at a Lombardi since Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, and Poison topped the rock charts.  
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 07:40 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Each one of those wins gets the team closer to a chance at one of those "4".  The Pats have played in the AFC Championship game every year for the last 5 or 6.  They're the best franchise in the NFL.  The only goal for NE each year is a Lombardi.  The Bengals haven't had a chance at a Lombardi since Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, and Poison topped the rock charts.  

It doesn't matter. The average fan doesn't remember who 'almost' won. Only the champs are remembered.

Most people remember the Bills losing 4 SBs. Few remember they were 4 in a row. A team 'going' to the SB 4 years in a row will probably never happen again.

Most people don't say, "The Great Bills dynasty when they went to 4 SBs in a row!"

It's more like, "The Bills and the Vikings are the only 0-4 SB teams. Big losers"
Reply/Quote

Jeremy Hill getting injured helps Dalton...  Ninja
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 06:07 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: So effing true. Dalton is a good starting QB in the league. But Brady is Great with a capital G(OAT).

"Good" is ALL Dalton will ever be. He excels if and only if the players around him excel. This has been shown year in and year out. Brady excels regardless of his supporting cast. This too has been proven year in and year out. 

We need to accept these facts and stop trying to convince ourselves otherwise.

I think Dalton is just fine. These other (winning) teams have great players around the QB and great coaches. Not so much in Cincy.  Give him a decent O-line and a fast, powerful RB like these other teams and Andy will do just fine, thank you.
Reply/Quote
I don't see where he stretch is...Both of them are very similar presnap read quick release pocket passers...

The huge difference between the two is the offenses they've ran. Gruden liked to throw it short and let the WRs make plays which looked good in 2013 but he would abandon the run game at times and hurt himself. Hue Jackson is a good OC but the trick plays constantly hurt him passes to OT and split out wide tackles...Zampese well just ugh. Tom Brady on the other hand is coached by the best in the league its not very often that Belicheat gets out coached...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 05:01 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: This is the type of thing that turns people off of Andy Dalton. 

Wow, color me corrected by your superior intellect and opinions of Andy Dalton.  

Did you watch the New England game?  Did you see their defense give Brady short fields with 3 INTs?  Do you know that the Pats scored a TD on a 98 yard kickoff return?  

Twice the touchdowns?  You missed twice the INTs, pinhead.

Was Brady missing his #1 WR, TE, AND RB?  Was Brady on the road?  

My point wasn't pimping Dalton so much as showing that any QB that faces a good defense without all their weapons can look very average.  Sorry, I guess this point was lost on you.  I just hate hearing how Dalton can't do anything without being surrounded by great weapons, when he was without AJ and Eifert for a lot of the season and played with a turnstile for a RT, but got 4,000 yards and only 8 INTs.  Oh, and Dalton had no running game.  

It's ok, keep worshiping Brady and putting down Dalton...it fits right in with the crap that ESPN, the NFL Network, PFT.com and other talking heads are shoveling.  Don't let facts get in the way of your delusions.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 05:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ugh.    Brady just won his 23Rd playoff game.    23!!!!!            Andy has zero.    Zero playoffs wins.    They should never ever ever be mentioned in the same sentence again.

Right, because the QB is the only one on the field and no one else matters.  Good idea. 
Reply/Quote
Plus the Pats have always made it a priority to have a well coached and effective offensive line. Unlike the goobers running our team they understand how critical it is.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 08:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wow, color me corrected by your superior intellect and opinions of Andy Dalton.  

Did you watch the New England game?  Did you see their defense give Brady short fields with 3 INTs?  Do you know that the Pats scored a TD on a 98 yard kickoff return?  

Twice the touchdowns?  You missed twice the INTs, pinhead.

Was Brady missing his #1 WR, TE, AND RB?  Was Brady on the road?  

My point wasn't pimping Dalton so much as showing that any QB that faces a good defense without all their weapons can look very average.  Sorry, I guess this point was lost on you.  I just hate hearing how Dalton can't do anything without being surrounded by great weapons, when he was without AJ and Eifert for a lot of the season and played with a turnstile for a RT, but got 4,000 yards and only 8 INTs.  Oh, and Dalton had no running game.  

It's ok, keep worshiping Brady and putting down Dalton...it fits right in with the crap that ESPN, the NFL Network, PFT.com and other talking heads are shoveling.  Don't let facts get in the way of your delusions.  
Hmmm...I am the pinhead...lol!

You are great man...I will take some of whatever it is you are smoking. 
Please do us all a favor and chill out on the internet tough guy name calling. 

I got your point...I am not very bright because I have a similar opinion to those who are the experts. Makes me the fool I guess. 
SMFH!

BTW -  to just reiterate...Dalton is average with a less than full arsenal of throws because he has and average arm. He has been surrounded by talent and has shit the bed in the playoffs and in the bulk of prime time games. He does not fare well against teams that are playoff bound. He is not considered a top tier QB but yet I am suppose to agree with you that he a Brady should be discussed as though they are of equal caliber...not happening my friend.  

For the record...I am not a Brady fan. He is the QB of a rival organization that seems to get all the breaks. Having said that he is >>>Dalton
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 09:18 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Hmmm...I am the pinhead...lol!

You are great man...I will take some of whatever it is you are smoking. 
Please do us all a favor and chill out on the internet tough guy name calling. 

I got your point...I am not very bright because I have a similar opinion to those who are the experts. Makes me the fool I guess. 
SMFH!

BTW -  to just reiterate...Dalton is average with a less than full arsenal of throws because he has and average arm. He has been surrounded by talent and has shit the bed in the playoffs and in the bulk of prime time games. He does not fare well against teams that are playoff bound. He is not considered a top tier QB but yet I am suppose to agree with you that he a Brady should be discussed as though they are of equal caliber...not happening my friend.  

For the record...I am not a Brady fan. He is the QB of a rival organization that seems to get all the breaks. Having said that he is >>>Dalton

We get it.  You don't like Andy Dalton.  Say it  thousand more times.  We didn't hear you the first thousand times.  Sheesh.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote