Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady retires
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1487508331967258630

It appears that Brady is officially retiring. Not a huge surprise. The end of an era for sure. Love him or hate him he was one hell of a player. With Brees retiring last year, then Ben and Brady this year now the NFL is left with mostly the young star QBs who were children when Brady entered the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
What a career. Nearly unanimously considered the GOAT, been playing the entire time I have been a football fan. Legend, enjoy retirement.
Reply/Quote
Well, of course. Brady had to make way for Joe Burrow. The changing of the GOAT....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Finally
Reply/Quote
Burrow got the "I'm your GOAT now" swagger going.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
He is without a doubt the GOAT. I'm not a fan, but I can't deny his success.
Reply/Quote
happy retirement GOAT!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Brady was like: “I’m not in the championship game for the first time in a decade, I gotta be in the news somehow.”

What a career...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I find it hilarious that Brady owned Roethlisberger one more time by upstaging his retirement announcement and will probably do so again when they both make the HoF on the first ballot.
Reply/Quote
Here's something weird about all this.  His brand TB12 Sports apparently made a tweet about retirement that has been deleted.  I only ran across it because it was a link in an article on ProFootball Talk about his retirement.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/29/tom-brady-is-retiring-from-the-nfl/

Quote:and it came shortly before TB12 Sports posted a farewell message.

But it seems to have existed because here is a screen cap from google and when that was clicked on says the tweet was deleted.

[Image: 2PDlTY8.png]

Brady, not retiring to play for the Steelers confirmed.   Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Maybe not so fast?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/29/don-yee-tom-brady-should-express-plans-soon-no-comment-on-reports/

Quote:“I understand the advance speculation about Tom’s future,” Yee said in a statement given to multiple reporters. “Without getting into the accuracy or inaccuracy of what’s being reported, Tom will be the only person to express his plans with complete accuracy. He knows the realities of the football business and planning calendar as well as anybody, so that should be soon.”

Brady’s TB12 Sports tweeted about Brady’s imposing football legacy while paying tribute to him in a farewell message that was later deleted. A number of Brady’s current and former teammates have done the same since the word broke, but the Buccaneers have told multiple reporters that they had not heard anything from Brady at this point.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Nothing is official until he says it. Adam Schefter has been dodo water since he left NFL Network.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 06:49 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Maybe not so fast?  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/29/don-yee-tom-brady-should-express-plans-soon-no-comment-on-reports/

I saw a tweet from Ariens that he had not heard anything from Brady.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 07:23 PM)Destro Wrote: Nothing is official until he says it. Adam Schefter has been dodo water since he left NFL Network.

Ian Rapoport is reporting the same and it's on the NFL Network ticker. There hasn't been an official announcement but there are alot of reports.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I hear it from him.

Makes sense though. Guy has absolutely nothing left to prove. They tried to run it back, had a great chance at a repeat but winning it all is much harder than he made it look. I'm sure he would have liked to end his career with ring 8, but at 44 you have to imagine that it's time to focus on family.
Reply/Quote
Does this mean its official?
Gotta admit, Im going to miss the guy. Part of me wanted to see him play until he's 50. 

[Image: 272963019_5434028983277252_9019939142911...e=61FA1A64]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 08:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Ian Rapoport is reporting the same and it's on the NFL Network ticker. There hasn't been an official announcement but there are alot of reports.

Yeah, I mean I, too, think it is highly likely, but I have been into media for decades. Some people just want to be fast into something instead of being right and I have seen some top stories end up being false so many times. Rapoport also being one with a history of false reporting, and all these breaking news guys have been accused of just stealing scoops/posts from each other. It is because, at the end of the day, no one really cares or remembers how wrong they were. Those clicks still happened and they'll be right back at it. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe this means he'll sign with the Bengals and be JoeyB's backup..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Still nothing official.

Reply/Quote