• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tom Brady tried to call Cappa and convince him to stay but was too late
Reply/Quote
Suck it Brady
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:36 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Dumb question here, maybe. But isn't it "too late" only after the player actual signs on Wednesday?
Reply/Quote
Brady trying to single-handedly ruin our offseason. Stay retired, asshole! Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengal fans would be wise to be jumping on twitter and welcoming Cappa to the team!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My first post in the Cappa thread said, "let's hope Brady doesn't intervene." I'll continue to hope this doesn't fall apart for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: Dumb question here, maybe. But isn't it "too late" only after the player actual signs on Wednesday?

For the most part it's over once the team and agent have an agreement. They could technically back out, but in reality agents highly advise guys not to do that because it really hurts their future negotiation ability.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: Dumb question here, maybe. But isn't it "too late" only after the player actual signs on Wednesday?

Yea, this whole "tampering period" thing is so weird to me. You'd think they wouldn't announce any of these contracts until Wednesday at 4pm. That's when they're actually official. Right now it's just a verbal agreement.
Reply/Quote
That would fkn suck

Reply/Quote
Awwww...poor Tommy not getting his way....

[Image: aabcdff4715c8971784dbb4e7182a9dd800371db...1634cd.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, this whole "tampering period" thing is so weird to me. You'd think they wouldn't announce any of these contracts until Wednesday at 4pm. That's when they're actually official. Right now it's just a verbal agreement.

I suppose it's because the NFL sees it as a great business move to dominate the offseason news for a few more days between the combine and draft. It's the official deal before the official deal sort of thing. Do we have a lot of evidence of players backing out in the NFL once Schefter and the boys leak the deal?
Reply/Quote
Alex Cappa must be smart. He prefers to play with the future GOAT rather than the historical GOAT.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: For the most part it's over once the team and agent have an agreement. They could technically back out, but in reality agents highly advise guys not to do that because it really hurts their future negotiation ability.

Yeah, can't imagine agents would appreciate that at all because they normally represent a whole lot of other guys too. Nobody would like negotiating with an agent who has a reputation of pulling out of agreed upon deals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I suppose it's because the NFL sees it as a great business move to dominate the offseason news for a few more days between the combine and draft. It's the official deal before the official deal sort of thing. Do we have a lot of evidence of players backing out in the NFL once Schefter and the boys leak the deal?

The only example I can think of where a deal was announced and then it didn't happen was Darqueze Dennard 2 years ago.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/3/26/21196188/jacksonville-jaguars-and-former-cincinnati-bengals-cb-darqueze-dennard-fail-to-finalize-contract

But I wouldn't be surprised if it happens more often and we just don't always hear about it.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: For the most part it's over once the team and agent have an agreement. They could technically back out, but in reality agents highly advise guys not to do that because it really hurts their future negotiation ability.

Yeah. 

Then again, it is Tom Brady and they might consider backing out to play with him, but I don't think they would back out for three reasons:

1. Would they offer him as much money? They were low on cap space even before Brady came back.

2. Does he think Brady will play beyond this year? Why would he risk being stuck there without Brady after this year if that's the only reason he was going back to the Bucs.

3. Burrow is poised to win a bunch of Super Bowls! Cappa wants to be part of the new GOAT!
Reply/Quote
We are now onto #GronkWatch.

How the heck can the Bucs afford to bring Gronk back?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:36 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Hey Tom.....

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rbi0jyxl7agl9351nl...y.gif&ct=g]

Reply/Quote
Brady is such a prima donna. He couldn't stand all the press the Bengals and Rams were getting, so he announced his retirement during the week leading up to the Super Bowl to make it all about him. Now, during Free Agency, he's unretiring, to make it all about him. Cappa would be ignorant to back out of his deal, Brady will retire again next season when TB once again does not make the SB.
Reply/Quote
I do have one small worry now however. If the goat of crying can convince the Bucs management to file a grievance for tampering, what would the possible consequences be for the Bengals?

Not that I care about losing a draft pick if it means upgrading the line. Hell, I'd have giving up pick 31 this year or last years top pick to get this line straight finally.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hey Tom.....

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rbi0jyxl7agl9351nl...y.gif&ct=g]

My thoughts exactly! Get the hell out of here old man and just sit in your recliner and watch Burrow make the world forget your name!
Reply/Quote