Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tom Brady tried to call Cappa and convince him to stay but was too late
Didn't Warren Sapp pull out on the Bengals too?
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
That was ten years ago. Let's live in the present not the past.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: That was ten years ago. Let's live in the present not the past.

Says the Toho Godzilla
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Donte Whitner, 2011(?)

Yeah, it was Whitner. Also, I didn't even notice that Whatever pointed him out earlier in the thread.

Some old school 90s ones:

Barry Foster - signed with us, then retired
Tom Waddle
Tony Siragusa
Kevin Greene

Can't fully remember the stories on all of those guys, just remember they were all supposedly "imminent". We also tried to trade for Drew Bledsoe and he wasn't interested.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 07:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, it was Whitner. Also, I didn't even notice that Whatever pointed him out earlier in the thread.

Some old school 90s ones:

Barry Foster - signed with us, then retired
Tom Waddle
Tony Siragusa
Kevin Greene

Can't fully remember the stories on all of those guys, just remember they were all supposedly "imminent". We also tried to trade for Drew Bledsoe and he wasn't interested.

I think Grbrac also shunned us?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Brady trying to single-handedly ruin our offseason. Stay retired, asshole! Lol

Hilarious

(03-14-2022, 04:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: For the most part it's over once the team and agent have an agreement. They could technically back out, but in reality agents highly advise guys not to do that because it really hurts their future negotiation ability.

This. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Tom Brady asking carries weight, yet not really that much when you balance it out.

Block for Brady for one more year or block for a Joe Burrow the rest of his career.

Seems logical to me to get that money and move on.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:33 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think Grbrac also shunned us?

That was probably for the best. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Tom Brady asking carries weight, yet not really that much when you balance it out.

Block for Brady for one more year or block for a  Joe Burrow the rest of his career.  

Seems logical to me to get that money and move on.

I'm honestly not convinced Brady intends to play, or play in TB if he does.

We know he attended a game with the Glazer family the day before the announcement, when many of their FAs were about to walk out the door.  With all the shady shit TB12 has done in his career, would you really put it past him to "unretire" long enough to get the FAs to re-up, then walk away again after they are all under contract, being owed a favor to be paid at a later date?  Or with a hand shake agreement in place that they will ship him to SF so he can retire as a 49er?  Wouldn't shock me one bit for him to hang them up again after they draft or trade for his replacement.
Reply/Quote
Has there been any update on Cappa actually signing a contract?

So far today, I have seen three commitments that have had a change of mind, Za'Darius Smith being the most recent (no longer signing with the Ravens, after all the praise the announced signing gained.). He joins J.D. McKissic and Randy Gregory in terms of those who had a change of heart.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:18 PM)Nepa Wrote: Has there been any update on Cappa actually signing a contract?  

So far today, I have seen three commitments that have had a change of mind, Za'Darius Smith being the most recent (no longer signing with the Ravens, after all the praise the announced signing gained.). He joins J.D. McKissic and Randy Gregory in terms of those who had a change of heart.

I thought it would be closer to Friday from what I heard.
Reply/Quote
Yes I’m sure it will be fine but pen to paper would be nice.
Reply/Quote