Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tom Pelissero: Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd said Bengals have 'the bes
(05-30-2019, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news, sounds like Turner got his man in Miller. Maybe some are correct about Boling maybe not starting, especially if Hart plays as well as Turner thinks he might. Still would keep Boling as a super backup for depth with his versatility.

Heard anything about Price?

Damn rights.

Yes they can, i just hope Hart will improve.

I think if he gets better in pass protection we might be light years ahead of last years O-line.

Hart is young so he definitely has some time to improve his game.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 03:18 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Exactly!

Following are points that could alter the OL unit this year:
1) Healthy Glenn
2) Healthy and NFL adjusted Price
3) NFL readiness of Jonah
4) Sample blocking in-line to protect the RT

With Glenn's injuries and age, he might be (much) better swinging back inside to LG compared to LT too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

1) Healthy Glenn

Yes and Miller already looking good is also good news at this point. I said it before we drafted Price that i liked Ragnow more cause he wasn't injured and Ragnow should be more pro ready right away, but Price has bigger upside.

Just hope he can stay healthy cause he could be a stud on down the Line. A stud LT and a stud Center sure would be nice. When is the last time we had this? 2005?
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 03:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hart is young so he definitely has some time to improve his game.

^^^^^

Why do some write off a 25 year old OT? The new coaching staff had every chance to not re-sign him and tell FO to pass, but went opposite direction and gave him a solid contract. I see the same fans dish Hart who love the new coaching staff. It is puzzling???
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

1) Healthy Glenn

Glenn has been injured each of the past 3 seasons. I think the days of getting him healthy constantly are gone.

The other 3 are plausible though.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 03:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ^^^^^

Why do some write off a 25 year old OT? The new coaching staff had every chance to not re-sign him and tell FO to pass, but went opposite direction and gave him a solid contract. I see the same fans dish Hart who love the new coaching staff. It is puzzling???

A coaching staff that’s unproven. Yet, I have confidence we have the right coaches in place. Also, I think the players they kept around was because they believe they can help them reach their full potential. It’s not like they just signed them without studying their game and said, well, he sucks but we need depth.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 03:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ^^^^^

I think some of us are going off what we saw from Hart last season and his entire career and in college. Wyche and Yojimbo are Seminole fans and have said Hart was bad in college too. The one move that the new coaching staff has made that most question is giving Hart a bit too much money and relying solely on him at RT.

I think it is a valid concern. Hope the coaching staff is right though and Hart is the answer.
Reply/Quote
That Hype Train is headed to Boner Town. Population: Me
Reply/Quote
I think moving Glenn, drafting Jonah and Price being healthy and in his 2nd season, are the biggest things that could help, but I also woulnt be shocked to see a new guy starting at RG like Miller perhaps. The OL overall has a chance to make a complete turnaround with all things considered. It sounds to me like in Turner's system, there isnt a lot of room for making mistakes. The guys who master the footwork the best will probably play because he wants his OL to be big and play in sync down to each step.

Our O showed flashes of brilliance early in the season last year with all of our weapons. We should see some points being scored this year is what I'm thinking.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 01:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Jonah and Price end up living up to their draft stock this year along with Miller and Glenn being solid at the OG spots, this OL can compensate for Hart.

The scheme also helps.  For example, they're running a lot of jet sweep pre snap looks with Ross.  That forces the DE on whichever side of the formation Ross is running the action towards to honor the threat of a handoff.  He can't just tee off on the T because he has to worry about contain.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what i am thinking as well. I think we see lots of Sample as a rookie regardless if Eifert is healthy or not.

I believe so as well. I think they're gonna put the defense to sleep with him blocking every play until he get lost then boom ! 20 yards over the middle.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 08:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe so as well. I think they're gonna put the defense to sleep with him blocking every play until he get lost then boom ! 20 yards over the middle.

That just kills defenses. Steelers do that to us and it hurts.

I've been waiting for a player whom we can utilize in the same manner.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes and Miller already looking good is also good news at this point. I said it before we drafted Price that i liked Ragnow more cause he wasn't injured and Ragnow should be more pro ready right away, but Price has bigger upside.

Just hope he can stay healthy cause he could be a stud on down the Line. A stud LT and a stud Center sure would be nice. When is the last time we had this? 2005?

Yes. 2005.

It took twenty years from Munoz-Remington days to get a duo.
Reply/Quote
I love Boyd’s confidence, but this kind of boasting doesn’t usually work out well for us...

Remember Dunlap saying he’d break the sack record?

Or Hill saying we have the best backfield in the league?

Reply/Quote
I think we know what the players can do, it's the coaches that have me the most concerned.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Look at me starting a bunch of positive threads.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic. There's a new energy in Bengaldom. Minus the Oline, I thought we looked like a real playoff team last year, but alot of bad breaks (injuries and so on) crushed those hopes. Like I said, I liked Marvin. Good guy and yadah yadah, but he just stayed too long. We needed change. Glad we waited. I think it will pay off. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love the confidence, get this guy signed. He sure sounds like he really wants to be here for years to come, do it.

With Green, Boyd, a healthy Eifert, Joe Mixon and hopefully a muchly improve Ross to go with a muchly improved O-line. It is possible, we already had most of the skill players here. With Taylor, Callahan, Jonah, Sample, Miller all added could look like night and day from last season.

Dead on.  And the offense, at least before becoming beset with injuries, was not the problem.  They have better depth at TE, RB, and offensive line.  A less predictable scheme that keeps Andy in different spots combined with the talent could yield huge dividends.  

If you look at what Mixon and Dalton were able to do behind last year's line, you would think they are salivating at the upgrades made on the line, at TE, and hopefully WR with Ross being utilized for more than a deep route between the 20s.  

Honestly, what I am most excited about with this offense (other than just the overall scheme, which is said to have more motion, misdirection, waggles, and bootlegs) is the rushing attack.  An even bigger and stronger offensive line compared to last year.  A healthy Billy Price in year 2.  And, significant competition at the RB position.  Yes, Mixon is our "bell cow", but they can keep him fresher by having a rotation with Williams and possibly Anderson and using Gio all over the field as a back and as a receiver.  The two new backs are guaranteed to prevent Mixon from becoming complacent.  Not saying that he would, but I don't care who you are when there is that kind of talent in the RB room there will be a healthy competition and will bring out the best in all of them.  

The biggest possible improvement that can be made to the defense right now is keeping them off the field for long stretches by owning time of possession and having long, sustained drives.  
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: From what Lap's seen in practice, he thinks the scheme will help the OL.  The DL and the LB's are being forced to guess a lot and that slows them up and makes them easier to block.  Glenn and Miller are apparently drawing unsolicited rave reviews from the other players.

This is good to hear
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: From what Lap's seen in practice, he thinks the scheme will help the OL.  The DL and the LB's are being forced to guess a lot and that slows them up and makes them easier to block.  Glenn and Miller are apparently drawing unsolicited rave reviews from the other players.

YES!  Our old offense was predictable as hell by both personnel and formation.  You hardly EVER saw Dalton on a bootleg.  You hardly ever saw their TE screen that has a misdirection to the RB early (Nate, I know you love that play, too...good for 10-15 every time they ran in....all 3 times  Hilarious).  They rarely took advantage of guys playing off Ross with a quick screen and then see if he can make one guy miss.

And with respect to Glenn and Mller, ZT has said he likes his offensive line BIG IN THE MIDDLE.  With Glenn, Price, and Miller, you have three potential road graders that will not be easy to fly by up the middle.  Mixon was so adept at making the first guy miss, that he will probably not know what to do when he sees a gaping hole (Keep it clean, Fred).
Reply/Quote
Our offense was one of the best in the league last year, with a worse line, before our injuries started piling up. I don't think offense will be an issue, the question remains can the defense stop anyone.
Reply/Quote