Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tom Pelissero: Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd said Bengals have 'the bes
(06-03-2019, 12:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Austin tried to get to cute and made the defense too complicated to see himself as some kind of Defensive Guru. Lou has dumbed it back down according to reports, so the players can play faster.... has to help.

The change at OC from Hue to Zampese was also labeled a shift from "too cute" to "dumbed back" so excuse me for finding that troubling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2019, 09:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The change at OC from Hue to Zampese was also labeled a shift from "too cute" to "dumbed back" so excuse me for finding that troubling.

The offense at least worked and was GOOD under Hue though.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love the confidence, get this guy signed. He sure sounds like he really wants to be here for years to come, do it.

With Green, Boyd, a healthy Eifert, Joe Mixon and hopefully a muchly improve Ross to go with a muchly improved O-line. It is possible, we already had most of the skill players here. With Taylor, Callahan, Jonah, Sample, Miller all added could look like night and day from last season.

Signed, yes. 

Not for $10 mil a year.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2019, 10:19 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: Signed, yes. 

Not for $10 mil a year.

He is not going to sign for less than he is worth.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2019, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not going to sign for less than he is worth.

Is he worth $10M a year?
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 09:01 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: Is he worth $10M a year?

Yes... But here is the $$$ breakdown... 

Odell Beckham ($18/year)
Antonio Brown (16.7)
Mike Evans (16.5)
DeAndre Hopkins, Brandin Cooks, Adam Thielen (16.2)
Sammy Watkins (16)
Jarvis Landry (15.1)
AJ GREEN (15)
Davante Adams (14.5)
Stefon Diggs (14.4)
Julio Jones (14.2)
Allen Robinson (14)
TY Hilton, Alshon Jeffery (13)
Keenan Allen (11.2)
Tyrell Williams (11.1)
Emmanuel Sanders, Larry Fitzgerald (11)
Tyler Lockett (10.6)
Sterling Shepard (10.2)
Devin Funchess (10)     <---------TYLER BOYD
Jamison Crowder (9.5)
Golden Tate (9.4)
Quincy Enunwa, DeSean Jackson, Adam Humphries, John Brown (9)
Marquis Lee (8.5)
etc....

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of thinking that Boyd may be wrong about the Bengals having the best offense in the NFL this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 09:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm kind of thinking that Boyd may be wrong about the Bengals having the best offense in the NFL this year.

I'm not a betting man, but if I was, i would prolly bet on your thinking here...
Reply/Quote
There is no "healthy" in the NFL, someone or most will be "injured" and affect the team. The better the talent you have overall, the better a team u will be. we only have the best 4 out of 7 out there, in D or O. That's where the other teams kick our bu**.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 09:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm kind of thinking that Boyd may be wrong about the Bengals having the best offense in the NFL this year.

They're just stringing em along so the Bengals offense can finally spring the trap on every team in the league. Yup, they're lulling them to sleep and once they're all in bed taking long naps the Bengals will run away with it all.. 
I'm not suggesting they'll actually do this in actual games though.. No, no, no... They're gonna run away at night when everyone is sleeping only to never return.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

I am kind of thinking I have never seen a member so thrilled about the Bengals sucking in order to say he was right.

Seriously, how many of these ancient threads do you have bookmarked?
Reply/Quote
One after the other. I guess it's something to do.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 11:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am kind of thinking I have never seen a member so thrilled about the Bengals sucking in order to say he was right.

I flipped a coin. Heads was start a bunch of posts rationalizing how we should be 3-1 with a few breaks. Tails was my current route in posting about reality.

Tails it was. Complain about fate...not me.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 12:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I flipped a coin. Heads was start a bunch of posts rationalizing how we should be 3-1 with a few breaks. Tails was my current route in posting about reality.

I don't believe that for a second. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 11:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am kind of thinking I have never seen a member so thrilled about the Bengals sucking in order to say he was right.

Just proving how crazy some of you are , but will never admit it. After Bengals win against Arizona , “ bengals have a chance to win out and go 12-4 this year”.

Repost in 3 months , “ why do you have to repost threads”.

Good times.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 03:24 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Just proving how crazy some of you are , but will never admit it. After Bengals win against Arizona , “ bengals have a chance to win out and go 12-4 this year”.  

Repost in 3 months , “ why do you have to repost threads”.  

Good times.

Haha. In all seriousness, this team better beat Arizona. They're equally as bad as us.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 12:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I flipped a coin. Heads was start a bunch of posts rationalizing how we should be 3-1 with a few breaks. Tails was my current route in posting about reality.

(10-05-2019, 12:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't believe that for a second. 

This is like the third time i've gotten a notification that you replied to one of my posts, and then when i click on it...nothing is there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
1) I am not going to get on a player for being positive
2.) We're missing our two starting Tackles and top WR. Would like to see this unit fully healthy before I say they can't be good.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 03:42 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1) I am not going to get on a player for being positive
2.) We're missing our two starting Tackles and top WR. Would like to see this unit fully healthy before I say they can't be good.

We're not missing 2 starting Tackles. Hart was penciled in as RT from the start.

Glenn was going to compete for Guard. We're missing Williams.

Yes - AJ Green is a huge loss.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 05:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're not missing 2 starting Tackles. Hart was penciled in as RT from the start.

Glenn was going to compete for Guard. We're missing Williams.

Yes - AJ Green is a huge loss.

If Glenn & Williams are healthy they would be the Tackles right now. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote