Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomlin: No reservations on BigJen
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000566854/article/mike-tomlin-no-reservations-about-big-ben-this-week

Good to hear, I want the Steelers at full strength !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't expect him to play this week.

I honestly think they are trying to force us to prepare for three different QBs with very different playing styles and experience levels.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 08:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't expect him to play this week.

I honestly think they are trying to force us to prepare for three different QBs with very different playing styles and experience levels.

Rex tried to do the same thing with E.J. and Tyrod Taylor. Cheap tricks shouldn't have much effect on a potentially great team.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

I would absolutely prepare for Ben. We can beat Vick or Jones -- I don't doubt that. 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 08:50 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Rex tried to do the same thing with E.J. and Tyrod Taylor. Cheap tricks shouldn't have much effect on a potentially great team.

(10-27-2015, 08:52 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I would absolutely prepare for Ben. We can beat Vick or Jones -- I don't doubt that. 

Agreed to both.

But we don't have much preparation time yet have to do our due diligence that we are just as likely to face an inexperienced pocket passer or veteran scrambler in addition to or instead of Ben.
Reply/Quote

What's to prepare for with Vick or Jones?  You prepare as if the Steelers are at full strength. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I am a believer! The initial timeline puts him right about here as far as coming back. And Pittsburgh NEEDS this win to stay competitive for the division title. The report said he even practiced last week. But after sitting out 4 weeks, I hope he makes some bad decisions with the ball. And goes down easier with a less than 100% leg.

I am making the trip to Pittsburgh for my yearly game. I hate the rowdy fan base in Pittsburgh though. My last experience here was the worst.
Reply/Quote
I'd say if there's any way at all he can play - he will.

1. Players wanna play. BigJen knows how important this game is and will be lobbying hard.

2. They know going down 4 losses to none would be a really big hole to try and climb out of.

Ya I know people will say you gotta worry about BigJen's long term health. But how much more long term does he have, I mean I'm not so sure he's one that can play to 40.
Reply/Quote
He will play. And I hope the front four makes him wish he didn't.
Reply/Quote
I say we sign "Hatchet Man" VonOlhoffen for Sunday....just "for old time's sake". Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 03:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000566854/article/mike-tomlin-no-reservations-about-big-ben-this-week

Good to hear, I want the Steelers at full strength !

Yea dude, totally! I hope they pick up Thor and The Incredible Hulk this week off waivers and start them too. I hate when people spew this nonsense. Why in the hell would you want the Steelers at full strength? There's not gonna be an asterisk by our win. I personally hope Antonio Brown, Bell, and Bryant all get a horrible case of the shits and can't play this Sunday. 
Reply/Quote
He will play, I have no doubt.

It is just time for Geno and company to let him know he came back too soon.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: I say we sign "Hatchet Man" VonOlhoffen for Sunday....just "for old time's sake". Ninja

Nah.......  then, ironically, they'd be calling us cheap-shot artists.

Also, I want them to be at full strength and for us to just pound them.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 01:05 AM)The Dangler Wrote: Yea dude, totally! I hope they pick up Thor and The Incredible Hulk this week off waivers and start them too. I hate when people spew this nonsense. Why in the hell would you want the Steelers at full strength? There's not gonna be an asterisk by our win. I personally hope Antonio Brown, Bell, and Bryant all get a horrible case of the shits and can't play this Sunday. 

Exactly. Full strength my eye. I hope they're at least possible strength. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 01:45 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Nah.......  then, ironically, they'd be calling us cheap-shot artists.

Also, I want them to be at full strength and for us to just pound them.

So...... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 08:52 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I would absolutely prepare for Ben. We can beat Vick or Jones -- I don't doubt that. 

remember thad lewis? what about TJ Yates
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: So...... Mellow

Because then everyone would call us that when they didn't call the Steelers that and it would put a cloud over an amazing season.

Beat them straight-up and laugh in their faces.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 10:18 AM)Element Wrote: remember thad lewis? what about TJ Yates

When are these stupid references going to stop appearing?  That is the past.  This team is different.

People say that the Bengals can't win on the West Coast.  Dalton has won at SD, Seattle, and Oakland.  Denver and SF will soon be added to that list.

People say that they can't play from behind.  Look only at how they came back against the Ravens and Seahawks.

People say they have let down games.  Didn't let down against Buffalo or the Chiefs coming off big wins.

And Thad Lewis didn't beat them, anyways. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 10:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because then everyone would call us that when they didn't call the Steelers that and it would put a cloud over an amazing season.

Beat them straight-up and laugh in their faces.

I don't give two shits about "everyone", to be frank.....and trust me, I'd laugh either way. Smirk

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 11:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When are these stupid references going to stop appearing?  That is the past.  This team is different.

People say that the Bengals can't win on the West Coast.  Dalton has won at SD, Seattle, and Oakland.  Denver and SF will soon be added to that list.

People say that they can't play from behind.  Look only at how they came back against the Ravens and Seahawks.

People say they have let down games.  Didn't let down against Buffalo or the Chiefs coming off big wins.

And Thad Lewis didn't beat them, anyways. 

It's amazing people around here continually live in the past.  Remember how good we were in 1981 and 1988.  I do but also realize it has nothing to do with the present.

These 2015 Bengals could care less about about the past.
Reply/Quote