Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tonight's Game Is HUGE
I'm so nervous and excited for this game. It was a year ago on the 22nd of Dec that we beat them. We can do it again!
Need to establish our run game, our O line needs to get it together and we need to keep doing what we do on defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 12:39 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: One thing wins this game for us...

Our front 4.

Their oline isn't that good, and if our guys show up and we dominate the LOS then we win this game. Getting to Brock and stopping the run will win this game for us. Offense will take care of the rest.

This is where i could see us winning...
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:42 PM)Whacked Wrote: We need to follow CRAPSburgh's game plan. They ripped through Denver's D.

Gotta have Antonio Brown to use that plan.  Marvin Jones might be shifty enough to get the best of Harris, but Talib will likely negate AJ Green.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 08:37 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Tonight is, to me, the biggest game in recent memory, which includes the playoffs, because, not only are we going into a one of the toughest stadiums to win in in the NFL, it's also in PrimeTime and gets us a first round bye, which is the same as advancing in the playoffs and possibly gets us the #1 seed.

This also would all be without our franchise quarterback.

We need to go in, handle our business, and prove that we belong with the big dogs.

This is big........... no,

[Image: donald-trump-huge.jpg]

I would say its on Par with a playoff game in importance.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:40 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He doesn't have sickle cell, he has the trait.

(12-28-2015, 01:52 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't really know the differences that well, but he probably still has to be careful.

If he only has the trait, then he does not have the disease and it poses no risk to him (except in very rare cases). It merely means he can pass the trait down and his offspring will have the disease if the other parent also has the trait.

Also the catch 22 of tonight's game: If we win the Steelers still have 2 ways to get into the playoffs. If we lose they only have one. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I want the Steelers out of the playoffs at all costs. I think Bengals can beat everyone else anywhere else, including the Steelers, but their odds are not as good in my opinion.

Playing at home is a big bonus. I'll say the Jets/Bills game will be a hell of an end of the season, as long as Bengals win tonight.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
you dont say captain obvious?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 03:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If he only has the trait, then he does not have the disease and it poses no risk to him (except in very rare cases). It merely means he can pass the trait down and his offspring will have the disease if the other parent also has the trait.

Also the catch 22 of tonight's game: If we win the Steelers still have 2 ways to get into the playoffs. If we lose they only have one. 

He had some trouble getting gassed in the last game they played here, so it definitely affects him.  Though with the way the D-Line rotates, as long as they give him oxygen, he should be ok.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: In the 2nd half. They got totally owned in the 1st half on both sides of the ball. That's what Osweiler has been doing, and he has been underperforming in the 2nd half. Bengals need to jump to a big lead.
Jump to a big lead and then keep the pressure on because you're right that Osweiller underperformed in the second half against the Steelers (actually, I'd say he completely folded), but it seemed like a lot of that was because the Steelers finally brought pressure.
(12-28-2015, 03:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I want the Steelers out of the playoffs at all costs. I think Bengals can beat everyone else anywhere else, including the Steelers, but their odds are not as good in my opinion.

Playing at home is a big bonus. I'll say the Jets/Bills game will be a hell of an end of the season, as long as Bengals win tonight.

Most years, I'd agree with you, and even earlier this year I'd agree with you, but they looked so sloppy and all-around bad yesterday that they don't scare me.  

With a healthy Andy, Eifert, etc., our offense would pick their garbage secondary apart and Ben looked horrible yesterday, so their offense doesn't scare me, either.

I'd rather not play them, but they don't scare me.
Reply/Quote
I think we just don't know the status of Andy, and McCarron has already lost to them (he has an excuse for inexperience).

For some reason the Jets and Texans have our number, so they're next in line. I think the Bengals can take Brady down easier than the rest, lol. Especially if they're at home.
Reply/Quote
After watching all the videos and tweets, etc. I feel like the team will lose focus on clinching the bye and will just be happy with winning division. Let's hope that is not the case. Let's hope we go in there focused and hungry for a W.

PLEASE BENGALS... DO YOUR BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 05:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think we just don't know the status of Andy, and McCarron has already lost to them (he has an excuse for inexperience).

For some reason the Jets and Texans have our number, so they're next in line. I think the Bengals can take Brady down easier than the rest, lol. Especially if they're at home.

It's true about the Texans, but, at least they won't have TJ Yates should they play the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 05:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think we just don't know the status of Andy, and McCarron has already lost to them (he has an excuse for inexperience).

Agreed. Although all of his O-weapons are said to be back by the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 05:51 PM)milksheikh Wrote: After watching all the videos and tweets, etc. I feel like the team will lose focus on clinching the bye and will just be happy with winning division. Let's hope that is not the case. Let's hope we go in there focused and hungry for a W.

PLEASE BENGALS... DO YOUR BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Not what i have been watching and reading.. Whitworth said basicially it was a special accomplishment to win the Division and check the box, which it is.. but went on to say we came in to the season with bigger goals..  like getting that 1st round bye... Marvin pretty much said the same thing.  I have no doubt we are focused.. does not mean we win tonight , Denver is a big challenge but this team is not floating in the air since they won the division..
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:27 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: The key to the game is our quarterback. If he plays well, we will be put in good position to win. If he does not, we will lose by 10 plus.

I disagree with this statement as written.

Replace QB with RBs and I will agree completely, as the QB won't be needed to do much to win the game.
Reply/Quote
I wanna see good ball control offense and our defense just flat out dominate this game.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:40 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He doesn't have sickle cell, he has the trait.

But he is going to have trouble breathing and won't play as many snaps as usual, I'm sure.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 01:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: In the 2nd half. They got totally owned in the 1st half on both sides of the ball. That's what Osweiler has been doing, and he has been underperforming in the 2nd half. Bengals need to jump to a big lead.

Their D is coming after our QB all game and they are coming to strip the ball and get a turnover.Number 71 HAS to play much better and AJ MC has to take care of the ball.Its going to be everything to win this,No turnovers by the qb.That is a huge concern.He takes sacks way too easy and I am sure Hue has coached him up on unloading the rock QUICKER.LETS GO--WHO-DEY ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER::::::::::::: ITS OUR TIME,ITS OUR TURN AND ITS OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a huge challenge for any team to go there and win on prime time.Biggest challenge for our team..
Reply/Quote
I agree AJ MC has to get even distribution of pass vs. run. We are a pass first offense. To make it run-first is not our strength this year. Hue said he wasn't going to run it 70 times last game, but there were sections of the game it seemed like he lied.

He does need to get rid of the ball 0.5-1 second sooner, but that takes a lot of time/experience, it's almost like changing your jumpshot in basketball, can't happen overnight.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 07:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I agree AJ MC has to get even distribution of pass vs. run. We are a pass first offense. To make it run-first is not our strength this year. Hue said he wasn't going to run it 70 times last game, but there were sections of the game it seemed like he lied.

He does need to get rid of the ball 0.5-1 second sooner, but that takes a lot of time/experience, it's almost like changing your jumpshot in basketball, can't happen overnight.

I agree.  The ball needs to distributed as the game allows.

You can't keep running into a wall.

If the overall run blocking isn't there, they need to re-evaluate and adjust.

I would like to see short passes to Gio beyond the LOS to get him out in space.

Similar to a check-down pass that allows him to turn it into something more.

Does anyone know if Fisher is playing?  Loading up the line to help in the run game might be a key as well.

Lastly they need AJM to be safe with the ball but don't handcuff him from throwing it downfield.

They have great CBs but our team needs to make them honest.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote