Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Tony Reali Responded To My Tweet About Burrow For MVP!
Hurts was Lamar light but unlike Lamar he learned to throw accurately from the pocket. He is the MVP right now. Burrow could catch him needs a big game versus Bills If Hurts would struggle against Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
Ranking them "right now" for me it would be:

1. Hurts
2. Mahomes
3. Burrow
4. Allen
5. Herbert

Just being honest. Could this change before end of season ? yes Would I take any QB on that list over Joe ? no
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:28 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Tua also had a higher passer rating than burrow a couple weeks ago. Doesnt mean much

The Dolphins are falling off. As are the Jets, Giants, and Seahawks.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 09:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You have to take individual QB stats, then look at team wins, factor out which QB is the most important to their team. Then when it is all added up, you have to deduct 25% of the points from Mahomes for bringing his bratty brother and skanky wife to the stadium with him.

At first I was 'ffs, are we really doing this?'

But then I was like 'ha! His brother and wife are douche bags.'
Reply/Quote
Just for shits and giggles here are the stats for the 3 QBs discussed for MVP in this thread (please note yards and TDs include both passing and rushing) and Josh Allen

Burrow - 68.1 comp% 3919 yards 32 TDs 9 INTs 102.4 qb rating
Hurts - 68.0 comp% 3843 yards 32 TDs 3 INTs 108.4 qb rating
Mahomes - 65.8 comp% 4440 yards 35 TDs 11 INTs 103.4 qb rating
Allen - 63.8 comp% 3652 yards (interesting that he only had 99 yards rushing so far this season) 32 TDs 11 INTs 95.5 qb rating

How close are those stats? Wow. Honestly, I think it's those low INT numbers and higher QB rating that puts Hurts at the top of the list, but it's so dang close.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:49 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Tua was also having a historical stretch of efficiency while he was doing it. If you’re saying QB performance doesn’t mean much, I’m not sure that’s worth continuing the conversation. If that’s not what you’re saying, then clarification is needed because that’s really what passer rating is - a measure of QB performance.

thats a little different than just sighting passer rating
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:25 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Our o line is not horrible

the pass blocking is still bad. Collins and Volson are the weak links, and Jonah is not too far behind. Cappa and Karras are good. 

Burrow and Callahan have just gotten better. 
Reply/Quote
I would have like Joe’s chances a bit better had he not lost all of training camp to an appendicitis. Can’t help thinking he would have played much better in games 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 10:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ranking them "right now" for me it would be:

1. Hurts
2. Mahomes
3. Burrow
4. Allen
5. Herbert

Just being honest. Could this change before end of season ? yes Would I take any QB on that list over Joe ? no

So IF an MVP is most valuable to their team...I think Burrow is the MVP.

IF you put Hurts on the Bengals, are they this good? I don't think so.

With Mahomes, I don't know. I could make a case that he took a year to develop and may not have developed here. If you put current, finished version Mahomes on the Bengals...I think they're still very good.

Burrow came in from Day 1 and made this team better. And with all the injuries on offense this year, the team didn't miss a beat.

Put Hurts on the Bills and I think they could be similar with Allen.

Herbert isn't in the same tier as the Top 4.
Reply/Quote
Hurts has the same question mark as the Eagles as a whole - their schedule. 14 games but only 3 versus teams with .500 or better records. Also no games against a defense ranked higher than 11. Doesn't mean he or they are not good just that they need to do it against higher level competition.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 07:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
You have to look pretty far down this list to find Burrow. Just sayin.

still 4th in Sacks, the hits is a bit more subjective than sacks.. 4th is still too high
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 04:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So IF an MVP is most valuable to their team...I think Burrow is the MVP.

IF you put Hurts on the Bengals, are they this good? I don't think so.

With Mahomes, I don't know. I could make a case that he took a year to develop and may not have developed here. If you put current, finished version Mahomes on the Bengals...I think they're still very good.

Burrow came in from Day 1 and made this team better. And with all the injuries on offense this year, the team didn't miss a beat.

Put Hurts on the Bills and I think they could be similar with Allen.

Herbert isn't in the same tier as the Top 4.

the problem when how you are looking at it is teams are not all built the same, for example would Burrow be the same QB with the Browns as Bengals, I say no since they would run more and lower his stats.. Also wins do impact MVP and Hurt is at the top of the win list and he is having an outstanding season.. best TD v Int ratio in the league and has 10 rushing TDs.. He should be the front runner right now for MVP.   

I actually think Allen is still more valuable to Buffalo than Burrow since we have better weapons on offense overall than Buffalo 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 12:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the problem when how you are looking at it is teams are not all built the same, for example would Burrow be the same QB with the Browns as Bengals, I say no since they would run more and lower his stats.. Also wins do impact MVP and Hurt is at the top of the win list and he is having an outstanding season.. best TD v Int ratio in the league and has 10 rushing TDs.. He should be the front runner right now for MVP.   

I actually think Allen is still more valuable to Buffalo than Burrow since we have better weapons on offense overall than Buffalo 

See I think Burrow on the Steelers makes them a playoff team.

On the Browns? Probably a playoff team.

With all the injuries at WR, Burrow is showing he can be great without them too.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 12:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: See I think Burrow on the Steelers makes them a playoff team.

On the Browns? Probably a playoff team.

With all the injuries at WR, Burrow is showing he can be great without them too.

I  think Burrow had does a great job but put Allen, Mahomes and Hurt on Steelers or Browns and they would be better also., of any QB had has overcome injuries to a offense and performed well this year is probably Herbert. No doubt this year has been a interesting year at QB with the old guard stepping down and a crop of QBs are in the mix  for MVP considerations, hell if Goff keeps going at the rate he is playing, he might be in the mix by end of year.  Right now Hurt has really transformed the eagles more this year from last year than any QB so unless things change last 4 games I think he should get the award. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 04:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Hurts has the same question mark as the Eagles as a whole - their schedule. 14 games but only 3 versus teams with .500 or better records. Also no games against a defense ranked higher than 11. Doesn't mean he or they are not good just that they need to do it against higher level competition.

Right now the Eagles are leading the best division in football and have the best record in football...  NFC East has more wins than any other division that speaks for itself.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 12:22 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: still 4th in Sacks, the hits is a bit more subjective than sacks.. 4th is still too high

You know damn well a lot of them came in the first couple games (13 to be exact). It’s been a night and day difference since the OL started to gel.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 10:38 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Hurts was Lamar light but unlike Lamar he learned to throw accurately from the pocket. He is the MVP right now. Burrow could catch him needs a big game versus Bills If Hurts would struggle against Cowboys.

This is such a misnomer. The whole "Lamar can't throw from the pocket" is so wrong....
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 12:53 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Right now the Eagles are leading the best division in football and have the best record in football...  NFC East has more wins than any other division that speaks for itself.  

The NFC East is beating up on the worst division in football-the AFC South. Their strength of Schedule played is terrible.

Now you could say the AFC South is bad because they have to play the NFC East, but as a whole, the 4 teams in the AFCS have only 10 wins against teams outside their division. So no they aren’t bad because they play the NFC East. They are just bad.

Commanders have a winning record but only beat one team with a winning record. Giants only have two wins vs teams with winning records.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 09:59 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I thought Reali got run over by a reindeer.  Btw, our line is not horrible.  Pedestrian, at times, but not horrible.  Horrible was the line play in the Tenn. game last season.

True, but coming out of the season opening it was.  And Burrow's appendix ruptured.  I still wonder how many people actually know what that entails.  Yet, he said to relax and there was no panic in the locker room.  What have they done since then?  9-2.  With one of the toughest schedules in the league.  I think only Hurts has a legitimate claim over him today.  Mahommes and his bath bombs have just padded stats and thier pathetic schedule has only gotten easier.  

It's Burrow or Hurts in my eyes.  

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 09:53 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The NFC East is beating up on the worst division in football-the AFC South. Their strength of Schedule played is terrible.

Now you could say the AFC South is bad because they have to play the NFC East, but as a whole, the 4 teams in the AFCS have only 10 wins against teams outside their division. So no they aren’t bad because they play the NFC East. They are just bad.

Commanders have a winning record but only beat one team with a winning record. Giants only have two wins vs teams with winning records.

So tell me what division in the NFC is better than the East ?   I say none, in the AFC maybe the AFC east top to bottom. In the end it is about wins, for example a few years ago Steelers were killing good teams but had like 3 to 4 bad losses that cost them big time.  The Eagles especially have done a great job of not having those types of losses. Dallas been consistent also and they pounded two playoff teams already in Vikings and Titans.. 
Reply/Quote