Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Tony Reali Responded To My Tweet About Burrow For MVP!

To say the Chiefs and Eagles have had a cupcake schedule would be an understatement. Burrow really should be getting more MVP talk.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 01:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
To say the Chiefs and Eagles have had a cupcake schedule would be an understatement. Burrow really should be getting more MVP talk.

here is the problem with that number with Eagles, they have not lost to any weak team, though we have a stronger schedule we also lost to two subpar teams in Browns and Steelers.  As for not getting any talk, ive heard or read Burrow;s named mentioned a few times just this week .  I think he is in the running but I also see why Hurt is high on list and Mahomes (he is probably doing it with less talent around him than Burrow) that helps him plus he is more established.  I feel it is Hurts to lose but no doubt Burrow is in the mix.  Last four games could change things, 
Reply/Quote
Hurts should get it unless him and his team start losing which I highly doubt. The Smeagol's ARE THAT GOOD.

I think the only team that can beat them in the NFC is the 49ers. We will see about the AFC in the Super Bowl.

I like our chances to beat the Smeagol's if we get there which I am predicting. But that is a great team in Philly.

Hurts is playing great just the same and deserves it. If not for the appendectomy Burrow would be in the discussion.

It is alright though, win the SB, that is what matters.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 09:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hurts should get it unless him and his team start losing which I highly doubt. The Smeagol's ARE THAT GOOD.

I think the only team that can beat them in the NFC is the 49ers. We will see about the AFC in the Super Bowl.

I like our chances to beat the Smeagol's if we get there which I am predicting. But that is a great team in Philly.

Hurts is playing great just the same and deserves it. If not for the appendectomy Burrow would be in the discussion.

It is alright though, win the SB, that is what matters.

I feel Burrow is in the discussion and so should Allen, last nite performance against Miami shows how rough he us to defend I. Passing and running game
Reply/Quote

If Burrow has a big game against Buffalo I could see him potentially overtaking Mahomes.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 11:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
If Burrow has a big game against Buffalo I could see him potentially overtaking Mahomes.

Same week and same spot (potential to clinch division with Blt loss on Sunday) as the KC game last year. Yes, if Burrow has numbers similar, he has to leapfrog Mahomes. He's not that far behind statistically and that would give him wins over both Mahomes and Allen. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't think Burrow will be able to leapfrog Mahomes at this point. Mahomes has been much more consistent this year. Burrow has some bad days.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Think it comes down to who lands that #1 seed... if Mahomes slips and Bengals win out it just may be Burrow.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 11:33 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't think Burrow will be able to leapfrog Mahomes at this point. Mahomes has been much more consistent this year. Burrow has some bad days.

So has Mahomes.

He lost to the Colts with a stat line of 268, 1 - 1, 78.5 passer rating. He’s had 5 games with a passer rating below 87.

Burrow has had 3.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So has Mahomes.

He lost to the Colts with a stat line of 268, 1 - 1, 78.5 passer rating. He’s had 5 games with a passer rating below 87.

Burrow has had 3.

Based on the eye test, Mahomes still looks better on his off days.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:20 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Based on the eye test, Mahomes still looks better on his off days.

Ok.

Guess it depends on what percentage the “eye test” factors into the voting. Ninja

Reply/Quote
For Burrow to get the mvp, the Bengals will need to get the 1st seed. And he can't have another 2 int game like against the pats ( even if they weren't 100% on him). The voters look at stats. Though he will have wins over who what 99% of people think are the 2 best qbs in the nfl, and that has to count for something.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:36 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: For Burrow to get the mvp, the Bengals will need to get the 1st seed. And he can't have another 2 int game like against the pats ( even if they weren't 100% on him). The voters look at stats. Though he will have wins over who what 99% of people think are the 2 best qbs in the nfl, and that has to count for something.

Mahomes just had a 3 INT game a couple weeks ago. He only has one less than Burrow on the season. I swear it seems like some of you only watch the highlights from other teams.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mahomes just had a 3 INT game a couple weeks ago. He only has one less than Burrow on the season. I swear it seems like some of you only watch the highlights from other teams.
Doesn't change anything. Mahomes is already the favorite, has more yards and TDs, has the 1st seed currently, and while burrow is well liked he's still not on Mahomes level there either.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:44 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Doesn't change anything. Mahommes is already the favorite, has more yards and TDs, has the 1st seed currently, and while burrow is well liked he's still not on mhommes level there either. 

Which is why I said if Burrow beats the Bills (something Pat didn’t do this season) it will really tighten the race up. If not move Burrow ahead.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Which is why I said if Burrow beats the Bills (something Pat didn’t do this season) it will really tighten the race up. If not move Burrow ahead.
Even with a win over Allen, it's still going to take a small miracle I think. Besides the stat difference, I think the voters will also look at Mahomes losing Hill (even though Kelce is obviously great), while Burrow has Chase, Higgins, and Boyd even though each of those wrs have missed time. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 12:55 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Even with a win over Allen, it's still going to take a small miracle I think. Besides the stat difference, I think the voters will also look at Mahomes losing Hill (even though Kelce is obviously great), while Burrow has Chase, Higgins, and Boyd even though each of those wrs have missed time. 

Hurts was the favorite until just recently, and he has AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, and the best OL in the league.

The Bengals have also had a much harder schedule than the Chiefs. I already posted the numbers in this thread.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hurts was the favorite until just recently, and he has AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, and the best OL in the league.

The Bengals have also had a much harder schedule than the Chiefs. I already posted the numbers in this thread.

Hurt is closing in on a NFL record for rushing TDs,  if he is back for last two games and Eagles win out and he continues to play solid I see him winning it , if not then will be a Mahomes or Burrow 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote