Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tony Romo
I want Tony Romo on the coaching staff. It was amazing how he knew what each team was going to do on offense.

He was honest in pointing out Dalton's flaws.

He also pointed out the offensive coordinators flaws.

He was able to dissect plays very quickly.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He was knowledgeable but I don't like his voice.
Reply/Quote
His analysis during the game was terrific. Very honest and spot on. He needs to polish up how he speaks a bit, to sound more 'professional' so to speak, but that comes with time. He is definitely going to be good doing games though.

But as much as it would be nice to have him as a coach or assistant, he will make more doing tv and other things than what he would make with the Bengals.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was knowledgeable but I don't like his voice.

LOL...I thought the same thing....but damned if he didn't call a great game.  None of this wishy washy bias shit either, he just called the x's and o's.  Call me a fan.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was knowledgeable but I don't like his voice.

If he is on the coaching staff I will give him a voice changing box
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I think he would make a hell of a head coach one day. Or at the very least a great offense of coordinator because he is so honest players respect that.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I also liked his announcing. One moment stood out when he called Dalton out a sack blaming him for not alerting the OL and adjusting correctly. Dalton's been doing this too long to not pickup simple adjustments like that.
Reply/Quote
He did a good job last night.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:49 PM)GodFather Wrote: I also liked his announcing. One moment stood out when he called Dalton out a sack blaming him for not alerting the OL and adjusting correctly. Dalton's been doing this too long to not pickup simple adjustments like that.

I think it was a play where Dalton allowed mixon ito run into a blitz instead of changing to a pass.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Much to my surprise I've heard a lot of good things about the job he did.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
He was assuming Dalton had audible authority there which we do not know if he did. He also is the last person in the NFL who should talk about missing an open receiver as he was notorious for that in his career. That said, he did correctly call LaFell on pulling up prematurely on the endzone pass. He was...ok.
Reply/Quote
He also called out Aaron Rodgers more than once. Which tells me it's easier to talk shit in the booth than on the field.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Romo was a great commentator yesterday.

He also knew every play we were going to run before the ball was snapped.

Doesn't that tell you something about what happened to our offense in first two games and in second half yesterday?
Reply/Quote
Tony Romo was spot-on before the snap no matter how the Bengals tried to disguise the play he knew exactly what they would do so it seems to reason the defense would learn the same.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I really enjoyed his comments and insights.

He knows so much more that the usual announcers.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
You could tell how he, himself, played...recognizing defenses and adjusting. i came away thinking this was a winnable game for us, we're it not for our own mistakes. We were not out talented, we just ran the wrong plays at times and/or missed on some opportunities.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:23 PM)Goalpost Wrote: You could tell how he, himself, played...recognizing defenses and adjusting.  i came away thinking this was a winnable game for us, we're it not for our own mistakes.  We were not out talented, we just ran the wrong plays at times and/or missed on some opportunities.

Oh with the amount of Packers had it was easily winnable. That wasn't a great Packers team. It was probably an 8-8 or 9-7 Packers Team with a ton of injuries.
Reply/Quote
PROS:
Knows his stuff
Wasn't biased in the way he announced, called it as it was
Did a good job handling challenges, wishy washy calls and the 'Mixon scenario'... he addressed them, but didn't drag them on
Good rapport with Nantz

CONS:
Annoying voice
"back when I used to do it" mentality can get old
Would sleep with Aaron Rodgers if given the opportunity
He pointed out that our QB looked bad! Ninja
Reply/Quote
Yeah I thought he tended to avoid normal clichés and broke down plays, tendencies well...definitely tell he is just out of the game and still thinks like a player rather than TV guy.

He's a bit excited puppy at times though!
Reply/Quote
In Andy Dalton's defense, it's a LOT easier to see the defense from Tony Romo's position in the box with the television perspective. Still, he was right every single time. He would be an amazing quarterback coach or offensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote