Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too lewd or are we being too PC?
(02-14-2018, 11:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Not if you're Roy Moore.

She's 17, not 14. Big difference....not that I know from experience!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-14-2018, 11:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: She's 17, not 14. Big difference....not that I know from experience!

17 is over the hill for that dirt bag. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I guess I should weigh in since I created the thread. I don't really have a problem with age difference within context. I'll explain; My ex wife is four yrs older than me she was 25 and I was 21 when we met. Whole different story if I were 19 and she 15 (today anyway, my grandparents where exactly that age when they started dating). Even years after my divorce (at 30) when I was 38 I briefly dated a woman that was 25 (at some point we're all adults, just some with more experience Cool ) And the language didn't bother me I played sports I've been around locker rooms (and no Donald, I didn't hear anyone brag about grabbing people by the *****).

However if you're a grown man on a radio talk show speaking about a highschool female athlete of 17yrs of age, it'd probably be best you sticking to praising her accomplishments and the like.

My new rule for dating now is that they have to be closer to my age than my sons...he's 17 Mellow
(02-15-2018, 03:48 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I guess I should weigh in since I created the thread.  I don't really have a problem with age difference within context.  I'll explain; My ex wife is four yrs older than me she was 25 and I was 21 when we met.  Whole different story if I were 19 and she 15 (today anyway, my grandparents where exactly that age when they started dating).  Even years after my divorce (at 30) when I was 38 I briefly dated a woman that was 25 (at some point we're all adults, just some with more experience  Cool ) And the language didn't  bother me I played sports I've been around locker rooms (and no Donald, I didn't hear anyone brag about grabbing people by the *****).  

However if you're a grown man on a radio talk show speaking about a highschool female athlete of 17yrs of age, it'd probably be best you sticking to praising her accomplishments and the like.  

My new rule for dating now is that they have to be closer to my age than my sons...he's 17  Mellow

And if they want to say she's pretty that is also acceptable in the context of talking about all of her positive attributes. IMO.

btw, Short version of a much longer story: My wife has a sister 12 years younger than her.  Her first husband was 20 years older.  I *know* they started dating when she was about 16-17 but they never admitted it.  They got divorced and her second husband is younger....only 19 years older.  I still don't get what either of those guys had in common with her.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-15-2018, 03:48 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I guess I should weigh in since I created the thread.  I don't really have a problem with age difference within context.  I'll explain; My ex wife is four yrs older than me she was 25 and I was 21 when we met.  Whole different story if I were 19 and she 15 (today anyway, my grandparents where exactly that age when they started dating).  Even years after my divorce (at 30) when I was 38 I briefly dated a woman that was 25 (at some point we're all adults, just some with more experience  Cool ) And the language didn't  bother me I played sports I've been around locker rooms (and no Donald, I didn't hear anyone brag about grabbing people by the *****).  

My new rule for dating now is that they have to be closer to my age than my sons...he's 17  Mellow

Divide by two and add seven.  Do I have to explain everything?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-15-2018, 10:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Divide by two and add seven.  Do I have to explain everything?

yes I've not heard this before. My guess is that you divide your age by 2 then add 7 and that would be the acceptable age limit?

For example  44/2 = 22 +7 = 29

So the youngest I can date is 29?
(02-15-2018, 10:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: And if they want to say she's pretty that is also acceptable in the context of talking about all of her positive attributes. IMO.

btw, Short version of a much longer story: My wife has a sister 12 years younger than her.  Her first husband was 20 years older.  I *know* they started dating when she was about 16-17 but they never admitted it.  They got divorced and her second husband is younger....only 19 years older.  I still don't get what either of those guys had in common with her.

Yikes I guess she felt dominated in the first marriage and now wants to dominate in her second. Looks like the over correction mistake...... hope it works out for your sister in law.
(02-15-2018, 03:31 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: yes I've not heard this before. My guess is that you divide your age by 2 then add 7 and that would be the acceptable age limit?

Yup.  It's a rule. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-15-2018, 03:31 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: yes I've not heard this before. My guess is that you divide your age by 2 then add 7 and that would be the acceptable age limit?

Interesting.

27.5 is the youngest I can go. Wife is 31 so I am good.
the wife is looking forward to her turning 18, lol
People suck
(02-15-2018, 04:11 PM)Griever Wrote: the wife is looking forward to her turning 18, lol

NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU ANYMORE!  

(02-15-2018, 03:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yup.  It's a rule. LOL

Why not just say 15yrs is the limit?  Mellow
(02-15-2018, 10:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: And if they want to say she's pretty that is also acceptable in the context of talking about all of her positive attributes. IMO.

Is your wife's sister attractive? and did her husbands have money?
(02-15-2018, 04:40 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Is your wife's sister attractive? and did her husbands have money?

Cute, but not beautiful.

First husband was a poor, redneck.  Nice guy overall.  I've mentioned his racist/rebel views on the board before.  He passed away last year.

Second husband left his wife of 20+ years for her...in fact they he was our neighbor.  He has a good job but so does she so there's something they like about each other.  I just don't get it.

They live across the street from his ex-wife.  My wife and I are still friends with the ex-wife too.  Her and her new boyfriend are good people.
(02-15-2018, 04:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Cute, but not beautiful.

First husband was a poor, redneck.  Nice guy overall.  I've mentioned his racist/rebel views on the board before.  He passed away last year.

Second husband left his wife of 20+ years for her...in fact they he was our neighbor.  He has a good job but so does she so there's something they like about each other.  I just don't get it.

They live across the street from his ex-wife.  My wife and I are still friends with the ex-wife too.  Her and her new boyfriend are good people.

yeah well I've got no explanation then.  Mellow
(02-15-2018, 04:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU ANYMORE!  

:hug: 

dont be like that
People suck
(02-15-2018, 05:28 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: yeah well I've got no explanation then.  Mellow

Neither do we.

Smirk
I am leaning a bit towards too PC, mostly because in the Rio Olympics that Tonga guy came out carrying the flag shirtless and it seemed like every woman on the internet/TV splooged their collective pants. Yet nobody was shaming them in outrage for focusing on his looks rather than the merit of his ability/character.

I do hesitate on the 17 bit. That said, age of majority varies a lot around the world. Heck, even in Mississippi you're not an adult in the eyes of the law until you're 21. Meanwhile in Germany, the drinking age and the age to vote for municipal elections is 16. So I will call that a dark grey area.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(02-16-2018, 04:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In Liechtenstein you can't vote until you're 30. 

I had to look that one up... and that's not true :) It's 18.
(02-16-2018, 04:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am leaning a bit towards too PC, mostly because in the Rio Olympics that Tonga guy came out carrying the flag shirtless and it seemed like every woman on the internet/TV splooged their collective pants. Yet nobody was shaming them in outrage for focusing on his looks rather than the merit of his ability/character.

I see a distinction

(02-14-2018, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me it does not matter if she was 17 or an adult.  I don't think every discussion about a woman should be about how good looking she is.  It makes men sound like dumb animals.

Men complain about everyone believing every allegation of sexual misconduct with women, but when you judge a woman athlete (or doctor or author) by how hot she looks that is pretty strong evidence that the only way you can relate to women is as sexual objects.

Now if a famous woman athlete (or doctor or author or whatever) flaunts her sexuality by posing for pictures in a bikini or something like that then it is okay to discuss it.