Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 10 highest graded Bengals for the season
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This plays out pretty consistently with what we saw on the field. This is our core.

Speaking of contracts, I heard on the radio (Tony Pike, I believe) that both Hendrickson and Awuzie have mutual opt-out clauses after this year. I don’t know enough about contracts to confirm. Can anyone else verify?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:00 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: This plays out pretty consistently with what we saw on the field. This is our core.

Speaking of contracts, I heard on the radio (Tony Pike, I believe) that both Hendrickson and Awuzie have mutual opt-out clauses after this year. I don’t know enough about contracts to confirm. Can anyone else verify?

If either one opts out it'll probably be Awuzie since we got him at bargain price.. Hendrickson is making a buttload already..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:00 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: This plays out pretty consistently with what we saw on the field. This is our core.

Pretty much. Maybe add in Hubbard and McPherson.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty much. Maybe add in Hubbard and McPherson.

And Tyler Boyd who is actually 9th on that list (72.6) pushing Hendrickson/Hilton to T10th.

Bengals need to continue to build around Joey B.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: If either one opts out it'll probably be Awuzie since we got him at bargain price.. Hendrickson is making a buttload already..

Idk man. Hendrickson "only" got as much as the Jets offered Lawson. Probably because teams worried he was a fluke. Well he proved he's an elite guy. He could get more. That said, his agent could view it as a risk not worth taking seeing how he's already making solid money.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:19 PM)Synric Wrote: And Tyler Boyd who is actually 9th on that list (72.6) pushing Hendrickson/Hilton to T10th.

Bengals need to continue to build around Joey B.

Good call.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man. Hendrickson "only" got as much as the Jets offered Lawson. Probably because teams worried he was a fluke. 

Bengal "fans" disliked Lawson more than the rest of the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengal "fans" disliked Lawson more than the rest of the league.

BTW Carl has already been released by the Jets.  Sounds like Michael Johnson all over again. How many of you would take Lawson back at half what he got last year like we did with MJ?

They released Shaq Lawson. Not Carl.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengal "fans" disliked Lawson more than the rest of the league.

BTW Carl has already been released by the Jets.  Sounds like Michael Johnson all over again. How many of you would take Lawson back at half what he got last year like we did with MJ?

The Jets released SHAQ Lawson, not Carl.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
For all you PFF fans.

How many of you think Higgins had a better year than Chase?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For all you PFF fans.

Overall? No. But Chase had some big time mistakes that turned into turnovers. He also had more drops.

I remember Tee had a fumble early in the season, but can’t think of too much else that would knock down his grade.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For all you PFF fans.

No, but it’s close. Not even a knock on Chase…Higgins is just underrated.

A question for you. If you were going to pick a top 10 performers of this year, who would you have on the list that pff does not?
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Overall? No. But Chase had some big time mistakes that turned into turnovers. He also had more drops.

I remember Tee had a fumble early in the season, but can’t think of too much else that would knock down his grade.

I don't know what you mean by "over all"?

Looking at what they both did this year which would you have taken if you could have had only one?
Reply/Quote

Who? I distinctly remember a LOT of people who loved Lawson and were pissed we signed Hendrickson instead.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:35 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: A question for you. If you were going to pick a top 10 performers of this year, who would you have on the list that pff does not?

Hubbard
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hubbard

Who would you pull to add him in?
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:39 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Who would you pull to add him in?

Mixon.  He had high totals but they were based on high usage.

And you all know I am a Mixon fan.

50 RB with at least 100 carries (not including QBs).  Mixon was 30th in yards per carry.  

It is okay for "power backs" to have a lower "yards per carry" but Mixon was horrible in short yardage situations.  There were 22 RBs that had at least 12 attempts on 3rd or 4th down needing 2 or fewer yards.  Among those 22 Mixon was 19th in conversion percentage. 

Mixon was 16th among RBs in receptions, but among the 56 RBs with at least 20 receptions he was 26th in yds/rec.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Who? I distinctly remember a LOT of people who loved Lawson and were pissed we signed Hendrickson instead.

I wasn't a big Lawson fan although I never posted about it. The production just never seemed to be there but he does hustle.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know what you mean by "over all"?

Looking at what they both did this year which would you have taken if you could have had only one?

Only you would be looking to argue over two grades that close (84.5 & 83.1).

You realize no matter how spectacular a play is they only award so many points for it right? So if Chase got dinged for causing some INT’s, drops, etc, it makes sense he would be just a hair behind Tee. Like I already pointed out - the latter made less mistakes.

These are grades based on every little facet of the players game.

Reply/Quote