Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 names you don't want to hear at 11
(04-20-2019, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We arent taking a QB in Rd 1, guys.
I dont think they will, but I think they are stupid if they pass on Haskins if he is there.  Now that you said that Im more confident than ever we are going QB in round 1. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2019, 06:44 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who are the top 3 players that you not only don't want, but also fear they can be our pick at 11?

1. D. Bush
2. R.Gary
3. Any CB

Just not sold on these guys. I don't even want Oliver. Just think we have bigger needs.

Metcalf, any CB and any QB not named Murray for me...
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Metcalf, any CB and any QB not named Murray for me...

What up Nate!

Guess I should add something. I expected a lot here to want Haskins. Let me be the voice of reason from Virginia. He needs a solid O line. We do not have that.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 08:02 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: What up Nate!

Guess I should add something. I expected a lot here to want Haskins. Let me be the voice of reason from Virginia. He needs a solid O line. We do not have that.

Not right this second. But rookies don't sign 1 year contracts for a reason Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 08:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Not right this second. But rookies don't sign 1 year contracts for a reason Wink

Having  QB that must have a solid line is not a good thing IMO.  And we don't need to take a player in the first round at 11 to sit on the bench. We need to win now. 
Reply/Quote
Of the folks being kicked around I'd not be upset with anyone. Really the only one I think folks are reaching for is Bush.

Lock would be the only QB of the top 4 that I would not be a fan of

Abd I want nothing to do with WR or CB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 03:52 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I dont think they will, but I think they are stupid if they pass on Haskins if he is there.  Now that you said that Im more confident than ever we are going QB in round 1. :andy:

Any QB
Any OT
Any CB

We need DE and LB help yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 09:16 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Any QB
Any OT
Any CB

Yeah, I'm going to disagree on OT. That's a prime target to upgrade IMO.
Reply/Quote
Any QB
Gary
Ford (I think he's a Guard)

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Any OT
Any CB

At de we have dunlap, lawson, hubbard and willis.  At ot we have bobby hart.  So you think de needs the upgrade?  Lb def needs to be upgraded but I just want to let you know the draft is 7 rounds long.  Mack wilson in 2 is better value than bush in 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 11:52 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: At de we have dunlap, lawson, hubbard and willis.  At ot we have bobby hart.  So you think de needs the upgrade?  Lb def needs to be upgraded but I just want to let you know the draft is 7 rounds long.  Mack wilson in 2 is better value than bush in 1.

Our starting LDE had an ACL. How and when he comes back from it, no one knows.

Dunlap is on the right.

Willis?

Hubbard did well with his snaps, but not sure if he is a 3 down end.

I am uncertain as to your comment related to the length of the draft or LB. However; specific to eligible draftees, value is a cliche' term that means nothing in particular or in general. What the term does concede is that the player who is projected to be taken first, is better.
Reply/Quote
Gary

Greedy

Metcalf
Reply/Quote
1) Devin Bush
2) Devin White
3) Rashaan Gary
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of the folks being kicked around I'd not be upset with anyone. Really the only one I think folks are reaching for is Bush.

Lock would be the only QB of the top 4 that I would not be a fan of

Abd I want nothing to do with WR or CB

I think Bush is definitely a reach. The question becomes "Is LB such a weakness that it constitutes a reach?"

It's a tough question. I think it depends on the perceived drop off behind Bush. If Bush is only the 15th best player in the draft, but the third best LB in the draft isn't even capable of starting in their rookie year, I think overdrafting by 4 or 5 slots may be justified to get that day 1 starter, if our coaches determine that is what we need to compete.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 10:51 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Bush is definitely a reach. The question becomes "Is LB such a weakness that it constitutes a reach?"

It's a tough question. I think it depends on the perceived drop off behind Bush. If Bush is only the 15th best player in the draft, but the third best LB in the draft isn't even capable of starting in their rookie year, I think overdrafting by 4 or 5 slots may be justified to get that day 1 starter, if our coaches determine that is what we need to compete.

Need should never be a justification for a reach.
Reply/Quote
Any OT
Any CB

This is where I'm at.

There's not an ot worth 11, and the other two arent picks we need with what's likely on the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 03:52 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I dont think they will, but I think they are stupid if they pass on Haskins if he is there.  Now that you said that Im more confident than ever we are going QB in round 1. :andy:

I would have thought that there was no way they would pass on Haskins, but they will likely either trade out or pass on him. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 12:39 PM)Benton Wrote: This is where I'm at.

There's not an ot worth 11, and the other two arent picks we need with what's likely on the board.

LMAO...……..your assessment is not accurate at all.

Taylor, Dillard, and Ford would all be worthy of the #11 selection. What there is not is a LB worthy of the 11th selection.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 12:39 PM)Benton Wrote: This is where I'm at.

Thank you. Exactly. There is no Walter Jones, Orlando Pace or Munoz caliber OT in this draft. The OTs in this draft are at least a tier below them.

I think that an Andre Smith or MAYBE a Willie Anderson caliber OT can be had at 11 (Taylor, Ford). But given the LB and DE need, I feel OT/RG should be addressed later.

As a 4th round pick, I really like Olisaemeke Udoh. At RT or RG.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 08:02 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: What up Nate!

What up CloeHokie my brother!

Great to see you on here, missed yah. I agree with you as usual. Haskins isn't the answer.

O-line and Linebacker need addressed, pretty obvious i must say.
Reply/Quote