Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5
Pat Kirwan today said he has the Bengals in the top 5 free agency periods so far.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have done well mining for value the past few years in FA and managing the cap.
Reply/Quote
I believe it. They have been smartly aggressive. I've never been this excited heading into a season. This year, we just wanted to break 500. Then we made it to the playoff and we just wanted to win the first playoff game in 30+ yrs. Then we won 3 and went to the SB. Never would have thought it could happen, but then it did and we almost won the damn thing. Now, with these upgrades and more to come, we may have what it takes to go the distance.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I believe it. They have been smartly aggressive. I've never been this excited heading into a season. This year, we just wanted to break 500. Then we made it to the playoff and we just wanted to win the first playoff game in 30+ yrs. Then we won 3 and went to the SB. Never would have thought it could happen, but then it did and we almost won the damn thing. Now, with these upgrades and more to come, we may have what it takes to go the distance.

But some still complain like we went 5-12. Taylor’s play calling, Eli Apple, Samaje Perine, and offensive line neglect in past FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: But some still complain like we went 5-12. Taylor’s play calling, Eli Apple, Samaje Perine, and offensive line neglect in past FA.

Meh, I don't know. Those are just things that need to be addressed to keep improving. It appears we've started the new season doing just that.

Reply/Quote
I know Zac has some suspect calls as head coach, but man is he good at making personal decisions. Might make a great GM someday.
Reply/Quote
They've been hitting home runs in free agency. Hoping it continues.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:07 PM)Yogo Wrote: I know Zac has some suspect calls as head coach, but man is he good at making personal decisions.  Might make a great GM someday.

He fits nicely in this organization. 

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: But some still complain like we went 5-12. Taylor’s play calling, Eli Apple, Samaje Perine, and offensive line neglect in past FA.

Why do you care?  Why does this matter to you?  So many here are more concerned with what the other posters say than team activities.  It is sad.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pat Kirwan today said he has the Bengals in the top 5 free agency periods so far.

I have them in my top 1. Bengals kept their cap cash well managed, needed three better than average starting linemen and got them without forfeiting future years cap flexibility.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:27 PM)Burma Wrote: Why do you care?  Why does this matter to you?  So many here are more concerned with what the other posters say than team activities.  It is sad.

His post isn't wrong. He's actually right. He's defending what you just said at a different angle. His thoughts were the reality of the team now and how (some) others describe a great season like we failed. We achieved far more than I honestly think any of us could have dreamed. Even those who bet yearly outcomes and scored big really didn't have high hopes of us even making the playoffs, but they're fans and said, "It's always possible and the payout would be huge." 

I'm so thankful we don't have Marvin Lewis anymore. Both Marvin and MB have engraved a dark vision in the fanbase which will take a run like the Patriots to recover. It's just fanspeak. 

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: His post isn't wrong. He's actually right. He's defending what you just said at a different angle. His thoughts were the reality of the team now and how (some) others describe a great season like we failed. We achieved far more than I honestly think any of us could have dreamed. Even those who bet yearly outcomes and scored big really didn't have high hopes of us even making the playoffs, but they're fans and said, "It's always possible and the payout would be huge." 

I'm so thankful we don't have Marvin Lewis anymore. Both Marvin and MB have engraved a dark vision in the fanbase which will take a run like the Patriots to recover. It's just fanspeak. 

Fair enough, then.  My bad.  The fan on fan hate here is one of the main reasons I stopped coming to the board with the exception of draft time.

And the way the front office has tackled free agency the last couple of years has been a huge rejuvenating breath in my interest in the team. It feels completely different.
Reply/Quote
This has been an excellent free agency period for the Bengals, super well done.
Reply/Quote

Hey, it worked last year: Chase can't catch the ball, need a new head coach, idiotic to pick Chase, Burrow is gun shy, need a new defensive coordinator, etc. Watching the Bengals overcome all the negativity made the season that much more special. And we're not talking just posters. Media was highlighting Chase drops and how the Bengals would win 4 games.

I don't know if we can every get a season as special as this one given the expectations going into the season. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:40 PM)Burma Wrote: Fair enough, then.  My bad.  The fan on fan hate here is one of the main reasons I stopped coming to the board with the exception of draft time.

And the way the front office has tackled free the last couple of years has been a huge rejuvenating breath in my interest in the team.  It feels completely different.

Not a big deal. I used to get frustrated as hell reading some (so called) fans post's about things going on with the team. But once I realized it's just frustration and people venting, I got cool with it. Not only is BB.com a fan site, we're also a 12 step program for disgruntled fans trying to recover from the last 30 seasons.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pat Kirwan today said he has the Bengals in the top 5 free agency periods so far.

So did Patty Cakes
Reply/Quote
Who are you guys and what have you done with the real Bengals posters?  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Thanks, we did what we needed to do. We upgraded the OL and didn't let the loss of Uzo hurt us and we upgraded TE with HH.

Also brought back BJ Hill, Tupou to keep our DT room tough and we can add to this with a decent Draft that is deep in this aspect.

But the OL upgrades to the interior and specifically the right side couldn't of been much more drastic.

Was surprised Tampa let Cappa get away and was surprised we could get a RT of Collins caliber. Not to mention Karras who is 
smart, intense and can play all the interior positions. Was expecting a FA of James Daniels and Morgan Moses, this is much better.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I believe it. They have been smartly aggressive. I've never been this excited heading into a season. This year, we just wanted to break 500. Then we made it to the playoff and we just wanted to win the first playoff game in 30+ yrs. Then we won 3 and went to the SB. Never would have thought it could happen, but then it did and we almost won the damn thing. Now, with these upgrades and more to come, we may have what it takes to go the distance.

Damn rights Harley, couldn't of said it any better. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Kirwan Smirwan

#1 in my heart

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote