Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5
(03-21-2022, 08:07 PM)Yogo Wrote: I know Zac has some suspect calls as head coach, but man is he good at making personal decisions.  Might make a great GM someday.

Why do people all of a sudden think Zac is the one making all of these personnel decisions?  Zach himself admitted that he needed to get with Duke and his team after the Superbowl to get up to speed on all of the personnel assessments.

I'm sure most, if not all of their free agency targets were well in place before Zac even sat down at the table - the way it should be since he is the coach and focused on X's and O's.  

No doubt Zac has input but I'm sure most of the work is already done before he gets involved.  And then you still have to work out the $$$ so it's an organizational effort at minimum.

I do think it's possible the Bengals organization has changed philosophies since Zac arrived.  Doubt that was Zac and more the Bengals.  Being perennial losers should make one look in the mirror and ask themselves what isn't working.  Oh, and getting a franchise QB doesn't hurt either!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 09:22 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Why do people all of a sudden think Zac is the one making all of these personnel decisions?  Zach himself admitted that he needed to get with Duke and his team after the Superbowl to get up to speed on all of the personnel assessments.

I'm sure most, if not all of their free agency targets were well in place before Zac even sat down at the table - the way it should be since he is the coach and focused on X's and O's.  

No doubt Zac has input but I'm sure most of the work is already done before he gets involved.  And then you still have to work out the $$$ so it's an organizational effort at minimum.

I do think it's possible the Bengals organization has changed philosophies since Zac arrived.  Doubt that was Zac and more the Bengals.  Being perennial losers should make one look in the mirror and ask themselves what isn't working.  Oh, and getting a franchise QB doesn't hurt either!

Yeah, after 50 years the organization just changed philosophy and Zac had nothing to do with it. Wonder why they didn't do this when they had other franchise QBs..... Ninja Ninja Ninja  The lengths people will go to to divert credit to Taylor.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, after 50 years the organization just changed philosophy and Zac had nothing to do with it. Wonder why they didn't do this when they had other franchise QBs..... Ninja Ninja Ninja  The lengths people will go to to divert credit to Taylor.  

Almost seems the opposite... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, after 50 years the organization just changed philosophy and Zac had nothing to do with it. Wonder why they didn't do this when they had other franchise QBs..... Ninja Ninja Ninja  The lengths people will go to to divert credit to Taylor.  

Yeah right. The Bengals just had a 30 year streak where they hired the only head coaches in the history of the league that did not want to sign good players in free agency.

And for some reason Zach completely changed his mind about free agents between his first and second season. Never understood the mental gymnastics the Cult of Zach use to explain that.

Getting a franchise QB had nothing to do with it. It was the fact that hiring a new coach did not fix the problem of an empty stadium.
Reply/Quote