Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Tackles 2021 Draft
Lots of talk about OT around here. This dude breaks down what he considers the top 23:

https://nflmocks.com/2021/02/21/2021-nfl-draft-rankings-offensive-tackle/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of talk about OT around here. This dude breaks down what he considers the top 23:

Nice write up... i really like Slater if Sewell is gone...or trade back and still pick him up.. i love his value to move outside to inside something in today's game is becoming more valuable...
Reply/Quote
I love that the writer says he has a low second round grade on his #7 Dillon Radunz and a high second round grade on his #8 Jackson Carman lol.

Everyone knows I'm a big Jackson Carman fan and believe he would fit perfectly to the Bengals at pick 38. He has that perfect size at 6'5 335 to fit at either Tackle or Guard and the Bengals need both...Starters and Depth. Carman is just a powerful player that knows how to play at length. The timing with his hands is almost perfect.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 05:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I love that the writer says he has a low second round grade on his #7 Dillon Radunz and a high second round grade on his #8 Jackson Carman lol.

Everyone knows I'm a big Jackson Carman fan and believe he would fit perfectly to the Bengals at pick 38. He has that perfect size at 6'5 335 to fit at either Tackle or Guard and the Bengals need both...Starters and Depth. Carman is just a powerful player that knows how to play at length. The timing with his hands is almost perfect.

I would never object to drafting a Clemson prospect... might be biased slightly... but in this case, you are right he is a big bodied bully for the line but I think he's more of a guard long term then tackle. Like the write up said, he can look awkward in space at time, but having him inside as a guard just blowing people off the line would be amazing to see.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
My top 12 would go...

Sewell
Slater
Vera-Tucker...some teams will put him at T
Mayfield
Darrisaw
Leatherwood
Jenkins
Eichenberg
Radunz
Cosmi
Hudson
Carman
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 06:14 PM)Goalpost Wrote: My top 12 would go...

Sewell
Slater
Vera-Tucker...some teams will put him at T
Mayfield
Darrisaw
Leatberwood
Jenkins
Eichenberg
Radunz
Cosmi
Hudson
Carman

Love Jenkins for us in the first on a trade back
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 05:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I love that the writer says he has a low second round grade on his #7 Dillon Radunz and a high second round grade on his #8 Jackson Carman lol.

Carman is also from Fairfield, so he’s likely a Bengal fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 07:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Carman is also from Fairfield, so he’s likely a Bengal fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reunite him with Tee. I really liked Carman everytime I watched Clemson. He is like a car man. Ninja
Reply/Quote
If Sewell is not there at 5 I sure would love it if Eichenberg or Cosmi fell to us in the 2nd.

1st Round - Kyle Pitts TE Florida
2nd Round - Eichenberg/Cosmi

Get Thuney in FA along with a couple pass rushers and I think this would be the start of a great Offseason.
Reply/Quote
Been watching Eichenberg the last couple days. He has given up something like 3 sacks in 3 years. And none over the last two years. Ummm. ND plays some tough games. And I think I read all of Brian Kelly’s LTs while he has been at Notre Dame have been first round picks.

With the way the league is starved for OL. I think there is going to be a huge run on these guys in the first. There are just so many good ones this year. I’m starting to feel like waiting on one to fall to the second will bite us in the ass again.

As for continuity. A large part of Notre Dames success was because of their OL. Wouldn’t it be wild if we took three of them. Plug Eichenberg in at RT, keep massive Cincinnati boy Tommy Kraemer at RG and the guy who started at RT for four years Hainsey has short arms but played C at the senior bowl. So plug him in at C. Instant chemistry and 3 dudes that will F you up.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of talk about OT around here. This dude breaks down what he considers the top 23:

I don't see Teven Jenkins lasting until the 4th that is crazy.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 07:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Sewell is not there at 5 I sure would love it if Eichenberg or Cosmi fell to us in the 2nd.

1st Round - Kyle Pitts TE Florida
2nd Round - Eichenberg/Cosmi

Get Thuney in FA along with a couple pass rushers and I think this would be the start of a great Offseason.

Sign me up for this.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 09:12 PM)pulses Wrote: I don't see Teven Jenkins lasting until the 4th that is crazy.

Well dude does say some have him in the top 20. 

This OT class is crazy. Seemed like not too long ago Leatherwood was top of everyone's list; now he's in the 3rd. 

You give me him in the third and the rest is gravy.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 08:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Been watching Eichenberg the last couple days. He has given up something like 3 sacks in 3 years. And none over the last two years. Ummm. ND plays some tough games. And I think I read all of Brian Kelly’s LTs while he has been at Notre Dame have been first round picks.

With the way the league is starved for OL. I think there is going to be a huge run on these guys in the first. There are just so many good ones this year. I’m starting to feel like waiting on one to fall to the second will bite us in the ass again.

As for continuity. A large part of Notre Dames success was because of their OL. Wouldn’t it be wild if we took three of them. Plug Eichenberg in at RT, keep massive Cincinnati boy Tommy Kraemer at RG and the guy who started at RT for four years Hainsey has short arms but played C at the senior bowl. So plug him in at C. Instant chemistry and 3 dudes that will F you up.

You thinkin Eichenberg will be raising his stock big time NATI by the time the Draft rolls around? Could happen.

I would be for trading back and getting him, Darrisaw, Slater or Cosmi if the right offer was made if Sewell is gone.

Lots of great OL in this Draft and yeah, they got at least 3 good ones coming out of the Dame.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well dude does say some have him in the top 20. 

This OT class is crazy. Seemed like not too long ago Leatherwood was top of everyone's list; now he's in the 3rd. 

You give me him in the third and the rest is gravy.

Leatherwood struggled at the senior bowl. I think he'd be better at G or RT IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 01:41 AM)pulses Wrote: Leatherwood struggled at the senior bowl. I think he'd be better at G or RT IMO.

Perhaps, but dude didn't struggle for numerous years in the SEC. I too think he is merely a RT prospect but I have him as a good one.

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps, but dude didn't struggle for numerous years in the SEC. I too think he is merely a RT prospect but I have him as a good one.

Leatherwood at RT i'm good with but LT uhh no ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps, but dude didn't struggle for numerous years in the SEC. I too think he is merely a RT prospect but I have him as a good one.

An argument can be made that the collection of talent at 'Bama has a tendency to make good players look fantastic.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 09:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: An argument can be made that the collection of talent at 'Bama has a tendency to make good players look fantastic.

Yeah because correct me if i'm wrong but their OL prospects the last few years have not done much at the next level ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2021, 09:47 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah because correct me if i'm wrong but their OL prospects the last few years have not done much at the next level ThumbsUp

Cool story, bro.  Let me tell you about Andre Smith and Jonah Williams..  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote