Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torn ACL

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The key part of this tweet is "there may be additional damage". Until we know the answer to that, or what that damage there is if the answer is that there is, then we don't know much.

If he can walk away from this with a sole ACL tear then I think we can all breathe a collectice sigh of relief. Certainly not a great outcome, but it could be much, much, much worse.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The key part of this tweet is "there may be additional damage".  Until we know the answer to that, or what that damage there is if the answer is that there is, then we don't know much.

If he can walk away from this with a sole ACL tear then I think we can all breathe a collectice sigh of relief.  Certainly not a great outcome, but it could be much, much, much worse.

I didn't even know you had one of those in the bottom of your foot. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If it is an ACL tear only (could be worse still), would it be reasonable to think he could be back in time for week 1 next season?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Torn ACL with no other structural damage I believe is best case scenario.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:10 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Torn ACL with no other structural damage I believe is best case scenario.

Agreed. If it's just a torn ACL I would be very surprised but exceptionally happy given how it looked. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: cincinnati-bengals-qb-carson-palmer-may-...-cover.jpg]

This cover popped into my head. We all know how that turned out. If Mike can't get Joe protection I want him traded. Everyone knew this was coming eventually - we just didn't want to accept it. **** Mike Brown

inb4 "freak accident"

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The key part of this tweet is "there may be additional damage".  Until we know the answer to that, or what that damage there is if the answer is that there is, then we don't know much.

If he can walk away from this with a sole ACL tear then I think we can all breathe a collectice sigh of relief.  Certainly not a great outcome, but it could be much, much, much worse.

I Second That Emotion.

We are not there yet. But no broken bones, meniscus damage, structural damage, nerve damage, or other torn ligaments is the best caae now.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't even know you had one of those in the bottom of your foot. 

You are a silly man.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:18 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: cincinnati-bengals-qb-carson-palmer-may-...-cover.jpg]

This cover popped into my head. We all know how that turned out. If Mike can't get Joe protection I want him traded. Everyone knew this was coming eventually - we just didn't want to accept it. **** Mike Brown

inb4 "freak accident"

Dude I'll be honest if Joe Burrow doesn't work out I don't want him traded. I want the Brown ownership to end.

At some point it needs to become personal with us Bengals fans. I'm 28 years old and have yet to see a playoff win. We have the Ohio St. Buckeyes, Kentucky Wildcats and not lately but some to degree the Cincinnati Reds with playoff championships... all in this area!
Reply/Quote
All I know is Justin Herbert would have just rubbed dirt on that knee and got back out there.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All I know is Justin Herbert would have just rubbed dirt on that knee and got back out there.

At worst they would have surgically graphed some of his "arm strength" to his leg so he could play QB and kicker 2 weeks later.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Good Luck Joey B wishing you a speedy and thorough recovery.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:22 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Dude I'll be honest if Joe Burrow doesn't work out I don't want him traded. I want the Brown ownership to end.

At some point it needs to become personal with us Bengals fans. I'm 28 years old and have yet to see a playoff win. We have the Ohio St. Buckeyes, Kentucky Wildcats and not lately but some to degree the Cincinnati Reds with playoff championships... all in this area!
Don't forget the Cyclones!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:45 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Don't forget the Cyclones!

Love the Cyclones!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:46 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Love the Cyclones!

It’ll be a miracle if most of these minor league teams survive the pandemic. They’re 100% reliant on the gate.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:18 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: cincinnati-bengals-qb-carson-palmer-may-...-cover.jpg]

inb4 "freak accident"
Agreed. That obsolete, stubborn old man should be at home crying and signing the team over to Katie and Mr. Imarriedintothis for what he did to a very promising young QB...

I hope he never forgives himself...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’ll be a miracle if most of these minor league teams survive the pandemic. They’re 100% reliant on the gate.

I'll be there... mask and all.  

Sucks.. I bought the 5 home game package for the Bengals and personally I have zero interest in watching Finley and Co. stink it up.

Going to take a loss on the tickets trying to recoup $$$ if any.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All I know is Justin Herbert would have just rubbed dirt on that knee and got back out there.

And Tua would have been IR-ed getting off the team bus.

Also, I'm not sure I get the glum takes on the Palmer ACL situation...the guy tore his ACL twice and both times he had a very good/great bounce-back year to follow.
Reply/Quote
According to ESPN Stats & Information research, Burrow ranks fourth in NFL history for the most passing yards in a player's first 10 games (2,688 yards, including his total from Sunday's game). At the halfway mark of the season, Burrow was on pace to break Andrew Luck's record for most passing yards as a rookie (4,374).
Reply/Quote