Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tough one
(12-03-2018, 05:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Might lose in to the Raiders...it's happened frequently.

Will probably lose to the Saints and Patriots.

Might still make the playoffs.

Steelers will beat the raiders and go 1-1 with the patriots and Saints. Book it.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This sentence is literally too good to be true, for multiple reasons. 
Please list them and how it was applicable to bring up in this thread.

(12-03-2018, 06:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I believe they were penalized in each instance.  How is offsides "dirty" btw?
Wow.  You seriously need explanation for this?   I don't think you can possibly be this stupid, but here it goes:

Running the kicker and roughing the kicker are both penalties because running into the kicker with his leg in the air has potential to severely injure the kicker by breaking a leg or worse?  Which isn't as bad if it's just a natural play, but going offsides in an attempt to gain an advantage and potentially causing a career-ending injury is dirty.

Please try to argue that last point.

(12-03-2018, 06:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Please wait a second, I'm making some popcorn for this.
I'll get the popcorn ready while I'm watching you try to respond to my answers because this will be hilarious.

(12-03-2018, 06:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As GMDino already stated, trying to block a kick is now dirty?  Getting the popcorn was so worth it.

Potentially injuring a player in an act that goes outside of the normal play of football is dirty.

Please, OH PLEASE, try and argue against that.

(12-03-2018, 06:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I literally just achieved the perfect butter to salt ratio.

Once again, explain how going outside of the normal play of football to gain an advantage and potentially cause an injury isn't dirty.

(12-03-2018, 06:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well, they certainly blew it the last two weeks, no doubt.  Not sure that a Bengals fan has any foundation to label another team a joke though.

Our franchise QB isn't a known rapist.

Is that foundation enough?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:58 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Steelers will beat the raiders and go 1-1 with the patriots and Saints. Book it.

Im more confident in the second half of your prediction than the first. The Steelers are horrendous when playing in Oakland, even when they've been the far superior team. They haven't won there since 1995. 
Reply/Quote
....and the thread killer is in the house.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I only half of my brain but I'm smart enough to know when that was too objective to even ignore. 

This is funny

Quote:I will point out, however, how dirty the Steelers are with three offsides (the third one on the kick that was good) and how the NFL is so bias that they won't even be punished.

They were punished. The refs moved the ball up 5 yds closer each time.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 09:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: This is funny
Just noticed that  ThumbsUp

(12-03-2018, 09:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: They were punished. The refs moved the ball up 5 yds closer each time.
They weren't punished, they were penalized in the scope of the game.

Punishment would be suspensions, fines, and maybe more.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This sentence is literally too good to be true, for multiple reasons. 

I believe they were penalized in each instance.  How is offsides "dirty" btw?

Please wait a second, I'm making some popcorn for this.

As GMDino already stated, trying to block a kick is now dirty?  Getting the popcorn was so worth it.

I literally just achieved the perfect butter to salt ratio.

Well, they certainly blew it the last two weeks, no doubt.  Not sure that a Bengals fan has any foundation to label another team a joke though.

Experience
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Please list them and how it was applicable to bring up in this thread.

Wow.  You seriously need explanation for this?   I don't think you can possibly be this stupid, but here it goes:

Running the kicker and roughing the kicker are both penalties because running into the kicker with his leg in the air has potential to severely injure the kicker by breaking a leg or worse?  Which isn't as bad if it's just a natural play, but going offsides in an attempt to gain an advantage and potentially causing a career-ending injury is dirty.

Please try to argue that last point.

I'll get the popcorn ready while I'm watching you try to respond to my answers because this will be hilarious.

Potentially injuring a player in an act that goes outside of the normal play of football is dirty.

Once again, explain how going outside of the normal play of football to gain an advantage and potentially cause an injury isn't dirty.

Our franchise QB isn't a known rapist.

When trying to block a FG coming from the side you dive across the expected path of the ball. Exactly like he did on the made FG.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Please list them and how it was applicable to bring up in this thread.

Beaker already held your hand on this one.

Quote:Wow.  You seriously need explanation for this?   I don't think you can possibly be this stupid, but here it goes:

I only full of my brain, but I'll try to understand.

Quote:Running the kicker and roughing the kicker are both penalties because running into the kicker with his leg in the air has potential to severely injure the kicker by breaking a leg or worse?  Which isn't as bad if it's just a natural play, but going offsides in an attempt to gain an advantage and potentially causing a career-ending injury is dirty.

Except they didn't run into or rough the kicker.  In the history of the NFL, how many times has a kicker's carerr been ended in this fashion?

Quote:Please try to argue that last point.

I just did.

Quote:I'll get the popcorn ready while I'm watching you try to respond to my answers because this will be hilarious.

Given your inability to understand why things are funny I shudder to think what you would consider hilarious.

Quote:Potentially injuring a player in an act that goes outside of the normal play of football is dirty.

Being offsides occurs during the normal play of football.  It's also only a five yard penalty, the least possible penalty.

Quote:Once again, explain how going outside of the normal play of football to gain an advantage and potentially cause an injury isn't dirty.

Because that's not what happened?

Quote:Our franchise QB isn't a known rapist.

For us to have that debate the Bengals would first need to have a franchise QB.  So get back to me in never and we'll talk about it.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:43 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Im more confident in the second half of your prediction than the first. The Steelers are horrendous when playing in Oakland, even when they've been the far superior team. They haven't won there since 1995. 

I'm not really big on trends like that.  If the Steelers lose in Oakland it's because under both Cowher and Tomlin they play down to the level of their opponent with frightening regularity, not because the game was in Oakland.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 09:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They weren't punished, they were penalized in the scope of the game.

Punishment would be suspensions, fines, and maybe more.

Suspensions or fines for offsides? That's ridiculous. Your contention that they COULD have injured the kicker by running into him holds no water either. They didn't run into the kicker. If you fined or suspended players for what COULD have happened but didnt, you wouldnt have anyone left to play in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Running the kicker and roughing the kicker are both penalties because running into the kicker with his leg in the air has potential to severely injure the kicker by breaking a leg or worse?  Which isn't as bad if it's just a natural play, but going offsides in an attempt to gain an advantage and potentially causing a career-ending injury is dirty.

Trying to hit the other guy first is an attempt to gain an advantage. Getting that advantage is what makes players good.

Is it possible that a desperate player could wrongly anticipate a snap count--just an error? Or mistakenly (or actually) react to an opposing player's movement?  Or is an offsides always a "dirty" play, like deliberately stamping on someone's leg a la Suh.

Doesn't seem to me that trying to block a kick=trying to run into a kicker. 

So something isn't clear here; are you saying Steeler players were jumping offsides to cause a career-ending injury? Those offsides were dirty play efforts they got away with--after losing 5 yards a pop and giving the kicker two more tries and losing the game?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 05:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Might lose in to the Raiders...it's happened frequently.

Will probably lose to the Saints and Patriots.

Might still make the playoffs.

My brother was a Raiders fan and every time they played each other and the Raiders won, he would call me up and laugh about it. That was one team I always wanted to beat, just to piss him off. 
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: When trying to block a FG coming from the side you dive across the expected path  of the ball.  Exactly like he did on the made FG.

He was trying to end that kicker's career on that play, but just ran the wrong way. He would have gotten away with it to, but Brad caught him.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:26 AM)Beaker Wrote: Suspensions or fines for offsides? That's ridiculous. Your contention that they COULD have injured the kicker by running into him holds no water either. They didn't run into the kicker. If you fined or suspended players for what COULD have happened but didnt, you wouldnt have anyone left to play in the NFL.

See, now that's where you're wrong.  All they'd have to do is hire Brad to use his infallible mind reading techniques to figure out which players have malicious intent and suspend them.   Mellow

Seriously, though, this is out there even for him.  
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:36 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: See, now that's where you're wrong.  All they'd have to do is hire Brad to use his infallible mind reading techniques to figure out which players have malicious intent and suspend them.   Mellow

Seriously, though, this is out there even for him.  

I’d like to think he’s in here trolling with the comment, but.....

Reply/Quote
Crazy crap asking for suspensions for offsides...…….

As for penalty, the first kick was missed so the BOZO who jumped caused Steelers chance to win in OT..

The ultimate penalty, a loss occurred.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:28 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Crazy crap asking fore suspensions for offsides...…….

As for penalty, the first kick was missed so the BOZO who jumped caused Steelers chance to win in OT..

The ultimate penalty, a loss occurred.

Gene Steratore was on the radio this morning saying every long snapper has their "thing" and as long as it doesn't go too far (judgement call) the officials let it go.  He said THIS guy usually gets talked too about his flexing before snapping...so the officials knew he did it all the time.

Unfortunately they didn't give the opposing team the same leeway when they KNEW he moves and could cause a quick jump.  The first offsides was close.  It could have been the same no flag they did all game with LA.

Them's the breaks....
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 02:07 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: My brother was a Raiders fan and every time they played each other and the Raiders won, he would call me up and laugh about it. That was one team I always wanted to beat, just to piss him off. 

I know a couple Raiders fans...in years like this when they couldn't beat a pair of twos all they want is to beat Pittsburgh because of the Immaculate Reception.

But it's STEELERS fans that live in the past.   Smirk
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Pitt will beat Oakalnd but will lost to NE and NO
Reply/Quote