Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toughness and Strength
Who is the Bengal's strength coach? I see a weak team, a team lacking strength on both offense and defense. I see Bates not able to make a one on one tackle, same for our LB's who rarely take opposing players backwards, just the opposite we lose leverage and give up 2 or 3 more yards after contact.

Our OL is losing battles at LOS as is our DL.

Do our players use that new weight room MB gave them with state of the art equipment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who is the Bengal's strength coach? I see a weak team, a team lacking strength on both offense and defense. I see Bates not able to make a one on one tackle, same for our LB's who rarely take opposing players backwards, just the opposite we lose leverage and give up 2 or 3 more yards after contact.

Do our players use that new weight room MB gave them with state of the art equipment.

Don't forget the litany of injuries either. The strength and conditioning coaches are probably a place where the cheap bastard cuts corners to save those pennies 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who is the Bengal's strength coach? I see a weak team, a team lacking strength on both offense and defense. I see Bates not able to make a one on one tackle, same for our LB's who rarely take opposing players backwards, just the opposite we lose leverage and give up 2 or 3 more yards after contact.

The Bengals strength and conditioning coach is Chip Morton.  Along with Marvin he is in his 16th season with the Bengals.

https://www.bengals.com/team/coaches-roster/chip-morton

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: Don't forget the litany of injuries either. The strength and conditioning coaches are probably a place where the cheap bastard cuts corners to save those pennies 

The cheap bastard (your words) gave them the state of the art workout area and equipment????

Why don't we place blame where it belongs for once, on strength coach and players who have no work ethic.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:44 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The Bengals strength and conditioning coach is Chip Morton.  Along with Marvin he is in his 16th season with the Bengals.

He should be fired right now, then ML can join him after the season.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: Don't forget the litany of injuries either. The strength and conditioning coaches are probably a place where the cheap bastard cuts corners to save those pennies 

Come on Wyche, Mike has an interview set up with a guy who used to watch Jack Lalanne videos back in the 70's.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:44 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The Bengals strength and conditioning coach is Chip Morton.  Along with Marvin he is in his 16th season with the Bengals.

(11-27-2018, 12:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The cheap bastard (your words) gave them the state of the art workout area and equipment????

Why don't we place blame where it belongs for once, on strength coach and players who have no work ethic.

George just laid it out there for ya....another lifer like Piano Paul.  Yeah...probably has one dude and ither teams have 12...like our scouting department. Cheap bastard is right. He finds ways to rub two nickles together in an effort to make a dime, best believe that. 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:46 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Come on Wyche, Mike has an interview set up with a guy who used to watch Jack Lalanne videos back in the 70's.

Bet he's got Richard Simmons on speed dial....er....I mean...in his Rolodex by the old trusty rotary phone.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The cheap bastard (your words) gave them the state of the art workout area and equipment????

Just like the HC and dozens of other examples the Cheap Bastard (Mike Brown) who keeps these folks around forever is not in any way free of blame.
Reply/Quote
Assistant strength and conditioning coach is Jeff Friday who has been with the team for 9 years. Before that he was with the Ravens.

https://www.bengals.com/team/coaches-roster/jeff-friday

Those are the only two Bengal's coaches listed under the S/C title.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:50 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Assistant strength and conditioning coach is Jeff Friday who has been with the team for 9 years.  Before that he was with the Ravens.

https://www.bengals.com/team/coaches-roster/jeff-friday

"Just the facts ma'am".... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: George just laid it out there for ya....another lifer like Piano Paul.  Yeah...probably has one dude and ither teams have 12...like our scouting department. Cheap bastard is right. He finds ways to rub two nickles together in an effort to make a dime, best believe that. 

If this is the case, you hire someone with no experience (and less money), the more experience the more you pay.

Simple business and labor costs analysis. I know some hate MB, but if cheap, Chip was fired 13 years ago for a cheaper and younger version.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If this is the case, you hire someone with no experience (and less money), the more experience the more you pay.

Simple business and labor costs analysis. I know some hate MB, but if cheap, Chip was fired 13 years ago for a cheaper and younger version.

Or maybe Chip is a sorry stack of shit like Piano Paul and stays put in a comfy position he knows he most likely won't lose for less money. The other simple business adage.....you get what you pay for.

Reply/Quote
I've wondered the same about the S&C Department.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:44 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The Bengals strength and conditioning coach is Chip Morton. 

Chip Morton?  Wasn't that the name of the fat kid in the Hardy Boys series?

Wait.  That was Chet Morton.  Still...
Reply/Quote
Given the slew of injuries the Bengals have experienced and knowing the head S/C coach is a 16 year Marvinite I do wonder if something is lacking there. Sure some injuries are just bad luck but this year in particular has been brutal.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:05 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Given the slew of injuries the Bengals have experienced and knowing the head S/C coach is a 16 year Marvinite I do wonder if something is lacking there.  Sure some injuries are just bad luck but this year in particular has been brutal.

We've had a few of them under his watch....2014 comes to mind....

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: Or maybe Chip is a sorry stack of shit like Piano Paul and stays put in a comfy position he knows he most likely won't lose for less money. The other simple business adage.....you get what you pay for.

Some thought a professional was expensive, until they hired an amateur ....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:14 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Some thought a professional was expensive, until they hired an amateur ....

Right on my man ....you dig what I'm laying down. :andy: 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:14 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Some thought a professional was expensive, until they hired an amateur ....

How many people have hired Chuck in a truck to paint the house or remodel the bathroom and very quickly realized the money they saved was a giant mistake ?
Reply/Quote