Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tra Carson waived; Bengals sign Thomas Rawls
maybe Rawls has something left.hes only 25.
I expect Gio to get along of work in.
heres the problem..what if Gio gets injured??
Rawls will barely know the playbook and Walton looks overmatched.
Reply/Quote
I know a lot of people here love Hill, but when we released him no other team in the league claimed him on waivers. He was on Atlanta's practice squad until Freeman go injured.

I agree Hill looked better in preseason, but it isn't like we let some hot prospect walk.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep,

I was hoping they would keep Hill and Carson and put Walton on the PS. He showed little to nothing in the pre season and now we're gonna have to rely on him to take some snaps.  Shocked

Exactly what I thought. 

Horrid timing for Carson. Have been pulling for and waiting for him to get a shot for two years now. 

Understand that it had to be done though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know a lot of people here love Hill, but when we released him no other team in the league claimed him on waivers.  He was on Atlanta's practice squad until Freeman go injured.

I agree Hill looked better in preseason, but it isn't like we let some hot prospect walk.

I agree Fred, I mean it's not like we let Walter Payton walk, however. In the same breath Walton looked like a fish out of water all pre season besides like 3 snaps. Hill at least showed promise. 

I'd love it if Walton tears it up Sunday but I doubt it.

(09-19-2018, 01:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Exactly what I thought. 

Horrid timing for Carson. Have been pulling for and waiting for him to get a shot for two years now. 

Understand that it had to be done though.

Yup

Seems they might be bringing Carson back ? 

Hill most likely isn't some world beater in the making ? But at least he showed something. Walton looked over matched and uncomfortable all pre season.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 12:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Says Carson pulled a hammy....

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-thomas-rawls-latches-on-with-cincinnati/

I was pretty pissed off until I read this...bad timing, indeed, for Carson.

The kid finally gets a shot and gets injured in practice.

Indifferent about Rawls.  Strikes me as a guy that pounded and got pounded and wore himself out quickly (health-wise).  Hope he provides good pass protection, as that is my biggest concern bringing in someone from outside.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know a lot of people here love Hill, but when we released him no other team in the league claimed him on waivers.  He was on Atlanta's practice squad until Freeman go injured.

My point was this, we are down to one healthy starter. We are bringing someone who doesn't know our playbook and we are gonna rely on a guy who didn't look worthy of us drafting in the 4th rd.  Nobody said Hill was a hot prospect, but clearly head and shoulders above Walton at this time and would be counted on greatly with the current situation.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it was the comeback game in 2015. Rawls had 169 yards.

He went 15/106 and 2 TDs last time against Carolina in '16.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 02:16 PM)sandwedge Wrote: My point was this, we are down to one healthy starter. We are bringing someone who doesn't know our playbook and we are gonna rely on a guy who didn't look worthy of us drafting in the 4th rd.  Nobody said Hill was a hot prospect, but clearly head and shoulders above Walton at this time and would be counted on greatly with the current situation.

Winner, winner, chicken din........

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 02:16 PM)sandwedge Wrote: My point was this, we are down to one healthy starter. We are bringing someone who doesn't know our playbook and we are gonna rely on a guy who didn't look worthy of us drafting in the 4th rd.  Nobody said Hill was a hot prospect, but clearly head and shoulders above Walton at this time and would be counted on greatly with the current situation.

Plus, he didn't look horrible in limited action at the end of last season, IIRC.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Let's review

Carson is hurt. Watson is hurt as well. It appears Watson is closer to be ready to play than Carson. So, they keep Watson and cut the guy injured and out for a few weeks knowing unlikely anyone picks up an injured RB.

So, the front office finds a 25 year old RB with lots of experience and some success. Rawls has fresh legs also. I like it. Since we did not pick up 2 RB's, I am assuming Watson is ready for some touches as well if needed and will be 3rd active RB Sunday.

The FO had a dilemma, it appears to me they resolved it. As far as knowing the offense, the RB is one of the easiest to learn the offense especially on running plays.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bad break for Carson. Worse break for the team that they blew a 3rd round pick on a running back that instills so little faith from the staff that they'd rather sign a street FA than give him carries when the opportunity arises.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 12:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1042436193634402304

I like Carson but i cannot forget how Rawls ran on us a few years back. Not a bad pickup as long as he is healthy.

He was a starter on the Seahawks, probably an upgrade. I like it.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 03:43 PM)samhain Wrote: Bad break for Carson.  Worse break for the team that they blew a 3rd round pick on a running back that instills so little faith from the staff that they'd rather sign a street FA than give him carries when the opportunity arises.

Walton was a 4th round pick Samhain, but i agree. Doesn't seem like a good pick right now for sure.

Thinking we should of Drafted an OT or Shaq Griffin...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 03:43 PM)samhain Wrote: Bad break for Carson.  Worse break for the team that they blew a 3rd round pick on a running back that instills so little faith from the staff that they'd rather sign a street FA than give him carries when the opportunity arises.

How do you know Walton is behind Rawls on the depth chart?
Reply/Quote
Even if they had Hill instead of Walton, they still would have signed Rawls because I have to think they do not want to go into the next 2 weeks with only 2 rbs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Freaking crap.
Team really needs Joe back at least after the bye week
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Walton was a 4th round pick Samhain, but i agree. Doesn't seem like a good pick right now for sure.

Thinking we should of Drafted an OT or Shaq Griffin...

Pfft. Marv told us there weren’t any OT’s worth drafting after the second round.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 12:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1042436193634402304

every stinkin year its always injuries,i mean every year.this is going to hurt this team to go anywhere.I could easily see them losing the next two.I have no confidence they will overcome these top players out for probably 3-4 games.its just crazy.Bringing in untested players that do not know our playbook or the plays is just a false start or all kinds of penalties waiting to happen,expecially on the road.I am not feeling a win next two games with using players that are new to our system.and Gio is not a starting RB. he gets tackled a ton behind the line and all he likes to do is run sideways trying to fine a hole.He is not going to show up like Joe Mixon would. I see a huge loss next two games.Hope I am wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 12:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Says Carson pulled a hammy....

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-thomas-rawls-latches-on-with-cincinnati/

Well that sucks.
Reply/Quote
And now GIO himself is on the injury report, was limited in practice with a knee injury

https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1042498842116190209
[Image: ferris-quote.jpg]
Reply/Quote