Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tra Carson waived; Bengals sign Thomas Rawls
Never understood the love I occasionally saw for Tra Carson on this board.

Undrafted guy who ran a 4.64 at his Pro Day (which is almost always a faster number than the combine).

3 Preseasons....
2018: 20 carries, 77 yards (3.8 AVG, 14 long)
2017: 17 carries, 60 yards (3.5 AVG, 16 long)
2016: 35 carries, 85 yards (2.4 AVG, 19 long)

Against like third stringers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Man, Rawls looked so good before those injuries. Here's to hoping that he's more pre-injury Rawls than post-injury Rawls.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 12:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1042436193634402304
Thoughts on Rawls :

You'll never find
another running back in time
that can bring some love to the running back injury situation
the way he can do. 

You'll never find
another running back in time
that can help Bernard and Watson
the way he can do. 

No, I'm not talking about Pro Bowl, Baby. 
The hope is Baby, weren't not gonna' miss
not gonna' miss
our runnin' 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I...
well...
...What was the point of the whole pre-season then?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 04:46 PM)camman007 Wrote: And now GIO himself is on the injury report, was limited in practice with a knee injury

https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1042498842116190209

FAAAAAAAAAHHHk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 04:17 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: every stinkin year its always injuries,i mean every year.this is going to hurt this team to go anywhere.I could easily see them losing the next two.I have no confidence they will overcome these top players out for probably 3-4 games.its just crazy.Bringing in untested players that do not know our playbook or the plays is just a false start or all kinds of penalties waiting to happen,expecially on the road.I am not feeling a win next two games with using players that are new to our system.and Gio is not a starting RB. he gets tackled a ton behind the line and all he likes to do is run sideways trying to fine a hole.He is not going to show up like Joe Mixon would. I see a huge loss next two games.Hope I am wrong.

Damn man...step off the ledge! Injuries are a fact of life in NFL.  Carolina is arguably as banged up as the Bengals are. Next man up and hope your roster depth is better than the team you're playing.  Even if they lose next two games, before the season started I would've took a 2-2 record after 4 games given that 3 were on the road and Baltimore only home game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 05:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: FAAAAAAAAAHHHk

Maybe Hubbard will get some carries this game!!!!! Hilarious Ninja
Reply/Quote
Thomas Rawls is good! I’ve been watching him on YouTube and he reminds me of Rudi Johnson at his best. I remember his huge touchdown run against the Bengals when he was with Seattle in 2015. This is a great signing.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:37 PM)Trademark Wrote: As a Michigan fan I hope we keep Rawls. Hopefully he returns to form too because he’s a very good RB

Rawls is a quality player, I'll give you that.  But as for you being happy about it because you're a Michigan fan?  Pfft!  I fart in your general direction...   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm really hoping that the ONLY reason Rawls was cut in NY was because of their big draft haul..I wonder what my chances would be at 59 with arthritic hips and knees? Pretty good at this point, eh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I know it's hindsight, but should have put Walton on PS and kept Hill....
Rawls isn't even close to what he was a couple of years ago.

I  like Thomas Rawls over Lou Rawls...was he an option??
Seriously, I thought this dude was pretty dam good a couple yrs back...very hard to bring down and hits hole hard
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:16 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Hindsight being 20/20, wish the Bengals would have held on to Brian Hill.  I was impressed with him late in season last year and this preseason. Rawls' signing not exactly a ringing endorsement for Mark Walton either. Hopefully Mixon will be back in 2-3 weeks and this becomes a moot point.

You would have thought he (B Hill) would have been the first person they signed back off the Falcons PS.  However Rawls is a better player if healthy but on the short week, it will be interesting to see what happens.  

We may see a lot of Walton out of desperation, time to shine Mr 4th Rounder.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If I had to guess, they will resign Carson once he gets healed, and then possibly put Walton on the practice squad?

@GeoffHobsonCin
26m26 minutes ago
Marv says they didn't IR Carson because he won't be out that long

If you put Walton on the PS, he will be gone FAST.

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 12:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1042436193634402304

Why are we keeping Walton on the team? Guys doesn't do anything.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 07:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I  like Thomas Rawls over Lou Rawls...was he an option??
Seriously, I thought this dude was pretty dam good a couple yrs back...very hard to bring down and hits hole hard

Lou Rawls actually bummed a cigarette from me outside a nightclub in the LA area back in the late 70s..At the time I was a young dumb kid thinking about joining the Moonies..the Unification church of Sun Myong Moon.. I later went home to tell my folks the good news and my mother just about had a cow. That was shortly right after the Jonestown massacre so my folks weren't exactly thrilled about me joining a cult.. lol
I will say one of the best pieces of tail in my life happened when I told that church I was heading back to Ohio. lol  It was one of their tactics to keep members from leaving and it almost worked with  me at the time..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
By the way.. Rawls injury history, a hairline fracture of his fibula and before that a broken ankle. ...https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/thomas-rawls/7334

By the way (again ) you can look up 3 players before the site demands payment ..$17 for the season.  I'm not forking over that just to look up predictions of injuries.. I seem to have better things to blow money on than guesses of who will and won't get injured . Let us know if you're one of the lucky ones with more money than brains this season.  Here's your big chance! https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/subscribe/join-now   Do it now ! Let down the wife and kids just for us! You only have to ask yourself who's more important in your life?  Us here at our beloved board or your measly wife and children? We won't mind if you let them starve for our benefit . We're worth it ! lol

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 08:34 PM)corpjet Wrote: You would have thought he (B Hill) would have been the first person they signed back off the Falcons PS.  However Rawls is a better player if healthy but on the short week, it will be interesting to see what happens.  

We may see a lot of Walton out of desperation, time to shine Mr 4th Rounder.

I just read a Haircut Hobby article and McCaskey said Walton has gotten better in pass protection and running the ball.. He will do most of the giving Gio a break.
Reply/Quote
Is Rawls even in shape to play a full game? We should give the Falcons a 4th round draft for B. Hill. for the brass's bad decision, pay up.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 12:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just read a Haircut Hobby article and McCaskey said Walton has gotten better in pass protection and running the ball.. He will do most of the giving Gio a break.

Well, just like Price and all the other rookies, Walton gets a full year of apprenticeship and a pass. He's just a rookie and:

1. Doesn't know playbook.
2. NFL is 100x faster than college.
3. He's still developing.
4. He'll get slimmer/heavier/faster, smarter, experienced.
5. Fumbles will be forgiven too because he's a rookie.
6. Has the locker closest to the toilets.

and so on and on and on...   Jerry
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 04:16 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Pfft. Marv told us there weren’t any OT’s worth drafting after the second round.

Yeah and i don't buy it.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 12:22 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Is Rawls even in shape to play a full game?  We should give the Falcons a 4th round draft for B. Hill. for the brass's bad decision, pay up.

Get over the Brian Hill love.  When we released him not a single NFL team made a waiver claim on him.  Falcons signed him to PS not their active roster.  He just got promoted because of an injury.
Reply/Quote