Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tra Carson waived; Bengals sign Thomas Rawls
Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1042436193634402304
Reply/Quote
Guess They anticipate Mixon being out longer than just a few weeks. Rawls was pretty good before he got injured a few seasons ago. If He's 100% .....could do worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Shocked

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 12:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1042436193634402304

Huh ?

Just read an article that said Carson pulled a hamstring in practice, guess they're concerned with Walton being the lone backup and with Carson dinged up to the had to do something.

Rawls was on fire a couple years ago until he broke his leg, perhaps he's healed and can return to his former self ?
Reply/Quote
Bummer. Bad time for Carson to get hurt.
Reply/Quote
Says Carson pulled a hammy....

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-thomas-rawls-latches-on-with-cincinnati/

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
More concerning: Billy Price still in walking boot.......ugh.
Reply/Quote
They really didn't have a choice, had to cut him with injury to add a 3rd back for next two games.

(09-19-2018, 01:01 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: More concerning: Billy Price still in walking boot.......ugh.

Saw that they will re-evaluate him in 2 weeks. But doesnt need surgery nor will miss entire season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Hindsight being 20/20, wish the Bengals would have held on to Brian Hill. I was impressed with him late in season last year and this preseason. Rawls' signing not exactly a ringing endorsement for Mark Walton either. Hopefully Mixon will be back in 2-3 weeks and this becomes a moot point.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:01 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: More concerning: Billy Price still in walking boot.......ugh.

The football gods noticed we had a 1st rd pick on the field and contributing in his first season...can’t have that! Thankfully Hopkins looked good against Baltimore.

Feel bad for Carson. Should have finally got his shot after all these years. Terrible luck.

Didn’t Rawls have a big game against us at one point? Was it that crazy game we came back to beat Seattle?

Reply/Quote
I know it's hindsight, but should have put Walton on PS and kept Hill....
Rawls isn't even close to what he was a couple of years ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The football gods noticed we had a 1st rd pick on the field and contributing in his first season...can’t have that! Thankfully Hopkins looked good against Baltimore.

Feel bad for Carson. Should have finally got his shot after all these years. Terrible luck.

Didn’t Rawls have a big game against us at one point? Was it that crazy game we came back to beat Seattle?

That is the correct game
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The football gods noticed we had a 1st rd pick on the field and contributing in his first season...can’t have that! Thankfully Hopkins looked good against Baltimore.

I was just thinking that, I think you're right
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I know it's hindsight, but should have put Walton on PS and kept Hill....
Rawls isn't even close to what he was a couple of years ago.

This...Brian Hill deserved the shot following pre season in my opinion.   That Walton pick is looking increasingly dubious
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t Rawls have a big game against us at one point? Was it that crazy game we came back to beat Seattle?

Yeah it was the comeback game in 2015. Rawls had 169 yards.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:21 PM)sonofstat Wrote: This...Brian Hill deserved the shot following pre season in my opinion.   That Walton pick is looking increasingly dubious

Is Brian Hill available or is he on another team's roster? I'm assuming he got picked up.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:21 PM)sonofstat Wrote: This...Brian Hill deserved the shot following pre season in my opinion.   That Walton pick is looking increasingly dubious

Yep,

I was hoping they would keep Hill and Carson and put Walton on the PS. He showed little to nothing in the pre season and now we're gonna have to rely on him to take some snaps.  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:32 PM)Mer Wrote: Is Brian Hill available or is he on another team's roster? I'm assuming he got picked up.

Hill signed onto Atlanta's practice squad and was called up to their 53 last week due to Devonta Freeman's knee injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
As a Michigan fan I hope we keep Rawls. Hopefully he returns to form too because he’s a very good RB
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
If I had to guess, they will resign Carson once he gets healed, and then possibly put Walton on the practice squad?

@GeoffHobsonCin
26m26 minutes ago
Marv says they didn't IR Carson because he won't be out that long
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote