Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking Pro Days & Meetings
Bengals were at Syracuse, UCLA, and had their TE coach at Colorado State.

Edit: Bengals will have CB Quan’Tez Stiggers for a top 30 visit after not attending his pro day.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Adonai Mitchell... Zac Taylor and Troy Walters spotted at Texas pro day.

Edit: Bengals have a DB coach at the Alabama pro day.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 04:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Speaking of Adonai Mitchell... Zac Taylor and Troy Walters spotted at Texas pro day.

Doesn't bode well for Murphy/Sweat fans if Hobby wasn't there.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 06:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: Doesn't bode well for Murphy/Sweat fans if Hobby wasn't there.

Jim Nagy reported later that James Bettcher was there so they did have a defensive guy in the building too.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 12:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals were at Syracuse, UCLA, and had their TE coach at Colorado State.

Edit: Bengals will have CB Quan’Tez Stiggers for a top 30 visit after not attending his pro day.

Hate that Stiggers didn't get the combine invite, but I see he did well at his Pro Day. Hope the Bengals like what they see/near
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:41 AM)pulses Wrote: Maybe for OL but we're not taking Bowers even if he's there that's what Malik Wright said today.

LOL.  Like any of these so called insiders know.

I do agree with him though
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 04:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Speaking of Adonai Mitchell... Zac Taylor and Troy Walters spotted at Texas pro day.

Safe to say Walters liked what he saw. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they stay away from drafting Clemson players

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 09:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hopefully they stay away from drafting  Clemson players

Yep, hate to get another Tee Higgins..

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, hate to get another Tee Higgins..

Or Reader
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 07:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Jim Nagy reported later that James Bettcher was there so they did have a defensive guy in the building too.

My guess is Betccher would have been there primarily for Ford, though.  

Of course, we're all just reading tea leaves at this point, but when it's a Pro Day involving not one, but two of the top DT prospects in the draft and neither the DC or DL coach are there, I would have to think they aren't looking at DT early.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 09:50 AM)Whatever Wrote: My guess is Betccher would have been there primarily for Ford, though.  

Of course, we're all just reading tea leaves at this point, but when it's a Pro Day involving not one, but two of the top DT prospects in the draft and neither the DC or DL coach are there, I would have to think they aren't looking at DT early.

But the head coach is there.  Come draft time the DC may push for a player but Zac is the one with the say.  If Zac was missing at the Pro day too then maybe I could buy into not going DT early but the head coach is there.  They may not want to tip their hand and make it look like they arent that interested in DTs early but you have to believe they are at least considering that position.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 12:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Size of the scouting department has never bothered me. It's about having good scouts which is what's in question now. Bengals miss some of their former coaches that did alot of scouting and were good like the Hayes brothers and Paul Alexander. 

Later in his career he was absolute trash.  I followed him on twitter until he blocked me.  His lineman takes the last few years have been bad as well.  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 02:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Later in his career he was absolute trash.  I followed him on twitter until he blocked me.  His lineman takes the last few years have been bad as well.  

The last player scouted and drafted by Paul Alexander was Texas G/C Connor Williams in 2018. He is currently playing for the Dolphins and one of the best centers in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
Bengals were at UAB and Notre Dame pro days. Noted they were really interested in Audric Estime pro day 40s.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 01:26 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: But the head coach is there.  Come draft time the DC may push for a player but Zac is the one with the say.  If Zac was missing at the Pro day too then maybe I could buy into not going DT early but the head coach is there.  They may not want to tip their hand and make it look like they arent that interested in DTs early but you have to believe they are at least considering that position.

How much scouting of defensive players do we think our HC/OC is doing?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 03:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals were at UAB and Notre Dame pro days. Noted they were really interested in Audric Estime pro day 40s.

Estime is a physical runner alright. Not against him in the 4th round or so.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 06:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Georgia is tommorrow March 13th. I'm wondering if a Bengals OL coach will be there.

They drafted Carman without the oline ever meeting him or seeing him in person prior to the draft
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 05:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: How much scouting of defensive players do we think our HC/OC is doing?

I would imagine the scouting of most of these guys is already done at this point.  Taylor was in Texas himself getting a look.
Reply/Quote
Don't like this about Latham

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/potential-bengals-draft-target-jc-latham-doesnt-fully-participate-alabama-pro-day

Quote:Latham didn't do any of the athletic testing at Alabama's Pro Day on Wednesday.

He did field drills for coaches and scouts that were in attendance. The 6-6, 346 pound lineman would join Cedric Ogbuehi, Billy Price and Jackson Carman on the list of Bengals offensive lineman that didn't do any of the athletic testing during the pre-draft process.

Reply/Quote