Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trade AJ Green for first rounder
Many here may disagree. I think the Bengals are officially in rebuild mode. I would like to see a trade of AJ Green for a first round pick where the Bengals can pick up some new talent. I think AJ is on the downslide in his career. He peaked the last few seasons. I'm also concerned about his hamstring. Those types of injuries haunt receivers and often resurface.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
This would be incredibly stupid. Imagine going up against him. He's a great player with a great attitude. Guys like hi don't come around very often.

Do not throw the baby out with the bath water.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Are you aware of the Bengals recent history with 1st Round picks?

You could give the Bengals 3 1st Round picks in this draft and they likely won't find a player as impactful as Green.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:40 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are you aware of the Bengals recent history with 1st Round picks?

You could give the Bengals 3 1st Round picks in this draft and they likely won't find a player as impactful as Green.

This marks the end of this thread.
Reply/Quote
While we're at it we should also all chip in to build a solid gold statue of Mike Brown featuring the OP kissing his feet on 50 yardline right after the 1st round pick is officially declared a bust..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wasn't sure it was going to happen but we finally have a winner for "Most Ignorant Post of 2016". Only took 51 weeks!
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 12:08 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I wasn't sure it was going to happen but we finally have a winner for "Most Ignorant Post of 2016".  Only took 51 weeks!
I'm pretty sure someone predicted Cleveland would sweep us this season since Hue became their HC.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:23 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Many here may disagree. I think the Bengals are officially in rebuild mode. I would like to see a trade of AJ Green for a first round pick where the Bengals can pick up some new talent. I think AJ is on the downslide in his career. He peaked the last few seasons. I'm also concerned about his hamstring. Those types of injuries haunt receivers and often resurface.

Even if the Bengals do go into rebuild mode, I see AJ Green as a great building block to start with. So why trade him?

Also, he's worth more than one 1st round pick.

The problems this team has are largely in the trenches and with coaching. Rebuilding isn't needed at all.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:23 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Many here may disagree. I think the Bengals are officially in rebuild mode. I would like to see a trade of AJ Green for a first round pick where the Bengals can pick up some new talent. I think AJ is on the downslide in his career. He peaked the last few seasons. I'm also concerned about his hamstring. Those types of injuries haunt receivers and often resurface.

You gotta be ***** kidding me

Many here will disagree because this is some stupid shit
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 12:08 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I wasn't sure it was going to happen but we finally have a winner for "Most Ignorant Post of 2016". Only took 51 weeks!

He just beat the cutoff. Lol

He's my vote for trash post of the year
Reply/Quote
Obvious troll is obvious
Reply/Quote
AJ Green, Dalton, Bernard, Kirkpatrick, Atkins, Ilona, Burfict and Tyler Eifert for draft picks.

Yeah we haven't had a good set of picks in the draft since 2012 but the league is all about youth right?

It's like people think this is a game of Madden or something and every young player ends up as a 99 overall wtf

USE YOUR BRAIN PPL. You don't rebuild by trading your best YOUNG players. You rebuild by moving the vets and old coaching staff. Who TF trades an already elite young player like Green for a draft pick just so he can end up like Cedric "Guarunteed Blindside sack" Ogbuehi
Reply/Quote
Lol
Reply/Quote
Yeah. They looked good without him in Houston. Who needs the cancerous diva anyway? "What? You think because you feel good, and got in a full practice that you're good to go?". Today's athletes are spoiled brats. AJ Green has held this team back long enough with his selfishness.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Only if he threatens to retire instead of ever playing for the Bengals again.
Reply/Quote
This has to be a troll thread. CJ should ban him . If it's not a troll thread, CJ should ban him....
Reply/Quote
The Browns traded Julio Jones to the Falcons for draft picks. They've yet to recover.
Reply/Quote
Knowing the Bengals, they would use that 1st rounder to get another corner (not saying we don't need one).

I love me some A.J. Green and would hate to see him on another team, I would never trade him.

He was on the edge of a career year, he had 960+ yards in 10 games (If you count the Bills one).
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only if he threatens to retire instead of ever playing for the Bengals again.

In that scenario we need to say that we won't trade him...then eventually trade him.
Reply/Quote
Not smart for several reasons.

1. AJ and Dalton are the identity of this franchise. Trading any guy like that would be a very unpopular move amongst other players and this team really doesn't have the clout (like the Pats) to pull off such moves while still looking like a classy organization. It'd be a major PR hit.

2. This team isn't far from a rebound. Let's be honest, the defense still looks good. The offense just needs a complete rebuild of the o-line and maybe a RB...and a kicker. We're not that far off.

3. AJ is just a class act and a fantastic football player. You try to add MORE of those, not get rid of the ones you have. AJ is a fine representative for the Bengals, he makes the Bengals look better and you want guys like that to retire from your team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote