Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Anyone?
Article has a trade proposal where the Bengals would trade Vontaze Burfict & 2017 3rd round pick for Alshon Jeffrey. Would you guys do this to create the best WR duo in the game?

Feel free to give your thoughts!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000728953/article/nfl-trade-deadline-a-logical-move-for-each-afc-team
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 01:01 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Article has a trade proposal where the Bengals would trade Vontaze Burfict & 2017 3rd round pick for Alshon Jeffrey. Would you guys do this to create the best WR duo in the game?

Feel free to give your thoughts!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000728953/article/nfl-trade-deadline-a-logical-move-for-each-afc-team

Why give up Tez and a 3rd for a rental? I'd give them a 3rd that could turn to 2nd if we re-sign him or win SB, but I'm not throwing in Tez. Here he's a villian, there he'd be a hard nosed HOFer
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope.

1. Jeffery is on a one year deal while Burfict isn't a FA until 2018.
2. So we'd be giving up a 3rd and a key defensive cog for a 1 year rental
3. Jeffery is making over 14.6 million while Burfict is making 3.3 mil. We don't have the cap space.
4. We need to improve our LB's , not our WR's.

Love Jeffery, but all things considered it wouldn't be a smart trade, and in reality, it's not possible to pull off.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ha. One of the best LBs in the league and a 3rd round pick for a WR that is constantly hurt and is playing on the expensive franchse tag.

No way in hell. The heart of our D for a rental WR.. Plus we give up a pick. They must think Mike Brown is senile.
Reply/Quote
Hell no.

The point is also moot because the Bengals would NEVER make that trade.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
NEVER!!!
Reply/Quote
Jeffery is injured A LOT.

I'd trade a 2nd Round pick to Jacksonville for Allen Robinson. He's 23 and a big WR.

He's having a down year...but it's because Bortles has been a train wreck. He'd be awesome paired with AJ Green!
Reply/Quote
Hoping that the OP was just joking.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I actually really like Jeffery. Would like him in stripes, but disagree to the trade.

Our WRs are not the problem. Our LBs have struggled all year. Plus, we need time to throw the ball, so our O-line needs to continue to do better.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Nah. Brandon Marshal could probably be had for a 4th or 5th rounder. I'd rather just go that route.
Reply/Quote
Why are so many convinced that the Bengals need help at WR? They are just fine at WR. The problem is with the OL not being able to give Andy enough time to get the ball to them.

If the Bengals did any sort of radical trade, I would like to see it for either Joe Thomas or Joe Staley. Both are being offered for trade by their respective teams. They are asking for a 1st round pick in return. I say offer them Ogbuehi and a 2nd.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Why not trade for Willie young instead? I mean we suck at third round picks anyways and that's what they have the Colts giving up for him anyways.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 02:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Nah. Brandon Marshal could probably be had for a 4th or 5th rounder. I'd rather just go that route.

His cap figure makes him an unlikely trade candidate, but I'd bet on the Jets cutting him after the season. He'd be a perfect 1-2 year rental for this team. His age will likely make him more affordable.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 01:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jeffery is injured A LOT.

I'd trade a 2nd Round pick to Jacksonville for Allen Robinson. He's 23 and a big WR.

He's having a down year...but it's because Bortles has been a train wreck. He'd be awesome paired with AJ Green!

I'd like to snag Allen Robinson too but there's no reason to trade for him since he's a free agent at the end of the season.

To OP: This article is just another jab at Burfict for being a "Dirty" player.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This trade idea is horrid - Trade away our best LB AND Pick for a WR not happening
Reply/Quote
To everyone saying Jeffrey is always hurt, Jeffrey has played in more games than Burffict. Burffict has played in 51 games and Jeffrey 58 in the same period. People don't seem to really value how risky Burffict is. He has had a major knee injury that could potentially shorten his career. He has a history of concussions that have caused him to miss time. He has missed time because of his play, and could potentially miss more. I don't think we need a WR, but if we did I'd do that trade all day because it is the lower risk move.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 02:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why are so many convinced that the Bengals need help at WR?  They are just fine at WR.  The problem is with the OL not being able to give Andy enough time to get the ball to them.

If the Bengals did any sort of radical trade, I would like to see it for either Joe Thomas or Joe Staley.  Both are being offered for trade by their respective teams.  They are asking for a 1st round pick in return.  I say offer them Ogbuehi and a 2nd.

1st rounder is high for a Tackle that while both are good both are towards the end of their careers I think.
Reply/Quote
Wow. NFL.com really dropped the ball on this article. Some of these trades are asinine.

A fifth round AND Logan Ryan for Steve Smith Sr.? Seriously?

On the NFC page they say the compensation for Jeffery would be a conditional 3rd. Now a third plus a pro-bowl level LB?

Yikes.
Reply/Quote
Katherine Terrell proposed a more realistic candidate to trade, Darqueze Dennard.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x161026/potential-nfl-trade-targets-every-team-2016
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 03:08 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Wow. NFL.com really dropped the ball on this article. Some of these trades are asinine.

A fifth round AND Logan Ryan for Steve Smith Sr.? Seriously?

On the NFC page they say the compensation for Jeffery would be a conditional 3rd. Now a third plus a pro-bowl level LB?

Yikes.

I just read through it too. At least the AFC part. Funny they had the Steelers getting Joe Staley for a 3rd. Same guy cost the Broncos a 2nd.

Whoever wrote that should get fired. 
Reply/Quote