Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Burkhead?
I can see possible value in trading Burkhead to a team like the Browns. Hue always like him, and the kid deserves a shot somewhere... he is just stuck behind two great RB's on the depth chart, and while I do like his contributions when he gets the chance, he rarely gets the chances to contribute.

I would be open to sending him off for a decent pick and giving the kid a chance elsewhere...
Reply/Quote
And what happens when Hill or Gio gets injured?
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 01:05 PM)Vanilla Heat Wrote: And what happens when Hill or Gio gets injured?

We've had some decent RBs on the bubble the last few years. I don't think the dropoff between Burkhead and a guy like Tra Carson is as big as some think.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 12:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I can see possible value in trading Burkhead to a team like the Browns. Hue always like him, and the kid deserves a shot somewhere... he is just stuck behind two great RB's on the depth chart, and while I do like his contributions when he gets the chance, he rarely gets the chances to contribute.

I would be open to sending him off for a decent pick and giving the kid a chance elsewhere...

After seeing Peerman run last game i am against this.

Rex is valuable cause he is so versatile. He can play the Slot and as Vanilla Heat said is good insurance in case
one of our starters goes down. I like Burkhead too much to see the guy in a Browns uniform man.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 01:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We've had some decent RBs on the bubble the last few years. I don't think the dropoff between Burkhead and a guy like Tra Carson is as big as some think.

I do like Tra Carson though...
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 01:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We've had some decent RBs on the bubble the last few years. I don't think the dropoff between Burkhead and a guy like Tra Carson is as big as some think.

Then what makes you think we could get anything worthwhile in a trade if some bubble RB is just as good?
Reply/Quote
I have always wondered what Tom Brady could do with him. He likes those scrappy little white boys.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 01:34 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I have always wondered what Tom Brady could do with him. He likes those scrappy little white boys.

Ugg.  Mellow

I like Burkhead, and his value his worth more to this team as a third than any team would give us for a...second or third. That being said, I think he needs to stay put. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Packers might trade for him. I know those cheeseheads like seeing a white boy run the ball in the endzone.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 01:34 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I have always wondered what Tom Brady could do with him. He likes those scrappy little white boys.

Are you implying that Tom Brady and Jared Fogle have something in common Shocked ????
Reply/Quote
Burkhead barely ever plays and cant stay healthy with the minimal time he does get. Always seems to be banged up. Doubt there is any trade market for him. I wouldnt be mad if we cut him. He would probably be there if we needed him back.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 01:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: After seeing Peerman run last game i am against this.

Rex is valuable cause he is so versatile. He can play the Slot and as Vanilla Heat said is good insurance in case
one of our starters goes down. I like Burkhead too much to see the guy in a Browns uniform man.
I'm against it also I like Burkhead but not for the same  peerman he did a solid job Friday very comfortable with peerman as a backup
Reply/Quote
The Browns have better RB depth than Cincy...
Reply/Quote
Heck, send him to Cleveland with one of those tear away jerseys and he'll do fine. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 12:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I can see possible value in trading Burkhead to a team like the Browns. Hue always like him, and the kid deserves a shot somewhere... he is just stuck behind two great RB's on the depth chart, and while I do like his contributions when he gets the chance, he rarely gets the chances to contribute.

Not to New England.  Dude would catch 50 balls in that offense.
Reply/Quote
Peerman is a lock at this point - not only did he run well in this last game, but he was a special teams animal last year on the coverage teams. I like Burkhead as a swiss army knife type of guy, but Carson, Luc, and even Bronson Hill are really making their cases. 
Reply/Quote
Yup, it slipped my mind Peerman making the PB.

Reply/Quote
Carson looked good

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
There are 31 other NFL teams, and not a single one of them would trade for Rex Burkhead.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 10:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There are 31 other NFL teams, and not a single one of them would trade for Rex Burkhead.

Patriots? Late rounder?

Reply/Quote