Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Deadline Bombshell
Browns just got Pats best defensive player and a player we could have used for a 3rd round pick.

I can't believe they stole Collins from right under our (and rest of AFCN) noses.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm assuming OP is talking about Jamie Collins. Yeah, i would have liked to have gotten him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
A comp 3rd round pick. Maybe a 2nd if Browns win a game this season?

Reply/Quote
Not like we need a young ,athletic linebacker who can cover and rush the passer. A third rounder would have been nothing considering we're gonna get a ton of compestoy picks next year.
Reply/Quote
a very strange move by Belichick...so if you combine both trades by the teams, Mingo and a 3rd were traded for Collins and a 5th?
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
There has to be some reason why the Patriots pulled the trigger on this move.

Sounds great on the surface and wish we would have moved on it.

But somehow kind of doubting Hue got the best of Belichick.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Now we can trade AJM for Collins and Thomas
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lol... Outdone by the Browns.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 01:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: There has to be some reason why the Patriots pulled the trigger on this move.

I'm from New England it has to do with his contract situation and him being disgruntled which Belichick will not tolerate because he has a sack unlike Marvin. Him , Hightower and Bulter are all free agents next year and he was the odd man out.
Reply/Quote
I think Bill the personnel man is overrated. But he has Brady. And that's enough to keep his genius status.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 01:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: There has to be some reason why the Patriots pulled the trigger on this move.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering.

Even if it's a contract issue, Collins' production was too solid to trade a guy mid-season when he's doing that well. How well? In 3 seasons (50 games) he's almost got more sacks, fumbles and int's than Burfict and Maualuga combined since 2012 (a little over 100 games between the two).
Reply/Quote
jeez, Belichick is pretty relentless in his faith in the system and moving guys on - even the productive ones.

On the surface seems like a good pick up for the Browns..they've had plenty of draft picks so losing a third for a proven commodity is pretty good business
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 01:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns just got Pats best defensive player and a player we could have used for a 3rd round pick.

I can't believe they stole Collins from right under our (and rest of AFCN) noses.

Collins turned down an $11 million a year contract with the Patriots.

No way would the Bengals offer him more money than that. They don't value the LB spot that much.
Reply/Quote
If the Pats doubted they could sign Collins long term, then they get a 3rd round pick for a player they were going to lose anyway. In which case, it is a good trade for both teams. If the Browns can't re-sign Collins then they just flushed a 3rd round pick down the toilet on a mid-season trade during a lost season they're competing for the #1 overall draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Collins turned down an $11 million a year contract with the Patriots.

No way would the Bengals offer him more money than that. They don't value the LB spot that much.

Their value at the position was on full display Sunday with all of the piss poor tackling.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Collins turned down an $11 million a year contract with the Patriots.

Wow!  No wonder they traded him. 
Reply/Quote
I think it's a dumb move by both teams personally unless the Browns have a long-term deal in place already with him. Basically as I see it the Browns a non contending team just traded a third round pick for a guy who could be gone at the end of the season. Patriots just traded away thier top LB in a year were thier destined to go to the Superbowl.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Belichick. is so good he can do things like this.

Reply/Quote
Apparently Collins is looking for Von Miller type money. Also, I guess he's starting to freelance on the field and not follow the playbook as much. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4797137/shocking-trade-shows-bill-belichick-didnt-see-jamie-collins-as-top-lb

No trade deadline, nothing. Just see ya.

We wait until the end of the year though, because we can suffer through a few more missed Nugent kicks in an off year. Changes are scary, especially on Halloween.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote