Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Trade Partner For Ross
Wonder if we reached out to any teams to shop Ross. I think GB would be a great fit for him. They need someone who can stretch the field. They have the line to give Rodgers time to push it down field. Talk about giving this kid every opportunity to succeed. Boom or bust in GB.

What team would you reach out to for a trade. If any would even be interested in him.
Reply/Quote
Ross doesnt deserve another chance. He had 4 (year) chances under 2 different coaches.
Reply/Quote
I would love it if they could trade Ross for literally anything. I just highly doubt anybody is gonna care to take him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We need someone that can stretch the field
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 09:11 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wonder if we reached out to any teams to shop Ross. I think GB would be a great fit for him. They need someone who can stretch the field. They have the line to give Rodgers time to push it down field. Talk about giving this kid every opportunity to succeed. Boom or bust in GB.

What team would you reach out to for a trade. If any would even be interested in him.

Doesn't make sense to trade him when AJ and Tate are nursing injuries.
Reply/Quote
This thread title led me to believe a trade partner was found for Ross.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 10:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This thread title led me to believe a trade partner was found for Ross.

Agreed.  Seems like another dead duck thread..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We need someone that can stretch the field

We need someone who can create separation and yards after catch. Off of play action. Catch those intermediate throws and take them to the house.

This offense may not be a stretch the field offense in the deep ball sense. If that's what you are saying. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think too much is put on speed when it comes to wideouts. Ross would do good with a big armed QB, and there's someone who would trade for him and that speed in the right offense if the FO tried.

Reply/Quote
This is like trying to take advantage of someone in your fantasy league...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 10:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: We need someone who can create separation and yards after catch. Off of play action. Catch those intermediate throws and take them to the house.

This offense may not be a stretch the field offense in the deep ball sense. If that's what you are saying. 

We're getting blitzed on play action though. It doesn't matter who we have. There is a proverbial fatal flaw on our team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 10:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think too much is put on speed when it comes to wideouts. Ross would do good with a big armed QB, and there's someone who would trade for him and that speed in the right offense if the FO tried.

Thinking Ross could have 1 good game here in 4 years and then go to another team and be good is just about the meanest thing that could be said about the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
Saints, Bucs, Colts...teams with old QBs make sense here. They may be willing to roll the dice on a wild card like Ross. Maybe in the right system where he just runs end arounds, drags, and go routes he could give you a splash play from time to time or at least drag DBs deep. 
Reply/Quote
Who wants to give up something for a WR who can't even get on the field for a team that has one win?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 10:56 PM)jason Wrote: We're getting blitzed on play action though. It doesn't matter who we have. There is a proverbial fatal flaw on our team.

He get's killed off of play action. No one respects the run game enough for it to be effective. 

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 10:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Thinking Ross could have 1 good game here in 4 years and then go to another team and be good is just about the meanest thing that could be said about the Bengals.  

It'd be fitting. 

Reply/Quote
I can't really see anyone trading for him when he has been a healthy scratch and the entire league knows he'll be available without having to give up a pick soon enough.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If we do trade him we better not push for anything less than a 3rd and a 5th.  Or maybe their starting RG.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Aaron rodgers back for the half mary,fires to Ross, ross cant find the ball in the air!! Hes yards away from the throw omg!!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:29 AM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Aaron rodgers back for the half mary,fires to Ross, ross cant find the ball in the air!! Hes yards away from the throw omg!!

LOL @ half mary.

Presumably this is for noodle armed QBs (rather than Rodgers) who can't reach the end zone and can only get their desperation pass half way down the field.
Reply/Quote