Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter King suggest Belichick may want to work with Dalton
(01-12-2020, 12:09 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Dalton with the Patriots wins a playoff game before the Bengals without Dalton.

And I'm not a Dalton supporter but Billy made Cassel look good.

Bad example. That’s literally the only year they missed the playoffs in like 20 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bad example. That’s literally the only year they missed the playoffs in like 20 years.

I know they missed the playoffs but they still had a good season. 11-5 with Cassel as your QB is pretty amazing, and the only reason they missed the playoffs was the AFC West was garbage at 8-8 Champion and the Wild Card teams were 12-4 Indy and 11-5 Baltimore via Tie breaker.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:14 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I know they missed the playoffs but they still had a good season. 11-5 with Cassel as your QB is pretty amazing, and the only reason they missed the playoffs was the AFC West was garbage at 8-8 Champion and the Wild Card teams were 12-4 Indy and 11-5 Baltimore via Tie breaker.

Yes, but Cassel also had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to that year.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes, but Cassel also had Randy Moss and Wes Welker to throw to that year.

True, but they got the new version of Wes Welker there now in damn Edelman. 

I just think Belichick is the kind of coach who can take most any player and find the way to use them in his schemes. 

I know we all loved Sexy Rexy when he was here, but he looks so much more explosive with the Pats. 

I hate it with a passion, I want the Bengals to be this kind of dynasty but right now, darth hoodie is just so damn good.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:33 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: True, but they got the new version of Wes Welker there now in damn Edelman. 

I just think Belichick is the kind of coach who can take most any player and find the way to use them in his schemes. 

I know we all loved Sexy Rexy when he was here, but he looks so much more explosive with the Pats. 

I hate it with a passion, I want the Bengals to be this kind of dynasty but right now, darth hoodie is just so damn good.

But that's the trick.

Good coaches find players who do something well and say 'do that again.' bad coaches find players and say 'this is what I need you to do.'

With this example, bb took one of my favorite Bengals and said 'this is what you do, do it again'. As opposed to Marvin who said 'that was cool, but I need you to be this kind of runner.'

You can get good production even out of not great players if you identify what they do well.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:39 AM)Benton Wrote: But that's the trick.

Good coaches find players who do something well and say 'do that again.' bad coaches find players and say 'this is what I need you to do.'

With this example, bb took one of my favorite Bengals and said 'this is what you do, do it again'. As opposed to Marvin who said 'that was cool, but I need you to be this kind of runner.'

You can get good production even out of not great players if you identify what they do well.

Completely agree, and right now I don't trust this current staff and front office to identify those traits and use them correctly. The misuse of Gio this year was enough to see that.

Gio in the hands of BB would be terrifying...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:45 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Completely agree, and right now I don't trust this current staff and front office to identify those traits and use them correctly. The misuse of Gio this year was enough to see that.

Gio in the hands of BB would be terrifying...

Then what does it matter what we do?

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then what does it matter what we do?

When you don't use free agency and you only use the draft and dumpster diving, you have to try to increase the odds of success in the draft.

Trade Andy, trade A.J., trade the #1 pick, trade Dre K if you can, the idea being to do what the Dolphins did. Get so many picks that the law of average says you'll hit on at least half of them, and then you can start to restock.

We aren't one player or even three or four guys away from being good. Won 2 games, and need a lot of upgrades. Sadly, with Duke and Mikey in charge we have to hit on every pick unless we stockpile more picks.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: When you don't use free agency and you only use the draft and dumpster diving, you have to try to increase the odds of success in the draft.

Trade Andy, trade A.J., trade the #1 pick, trade Dre K if you can, the idea being to do what the Dolphins did. Get so many picks that the law of average says you'll hit on at least half of them, and then you can start to restock.

We aren't one player or even three or four guys away from being good. Won 2 games, and need a lot of upgrades. Sadly, with Duke and Mikey in charge we have to hit on every pick unless we stockpile more picks.

Living off the draft hasn’t worked for us in 5 years. Our best chance right now is to hit on an elite QB that can help cover up for other problems with the team.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Living off the draft hasn’t worked for us in 5 years. Our best chance right now is to hit on an elite QB that can help cover up for other problems with the team.

That's the Colts method, draft Luck (and Burrow isn't as good as Luck) and hope that he covers the other holes. Never worked and he retired early due to injury.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 03:31 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That's the Colts method, draft Luck (and Burrow isn't as good as Luck) and hope that he covers the other holes. Never worked and he retired early due to injury.

And drafting Luck was the right move. He won almost as many playoff games as our entire franchise has in its 50+ years history.

Their mistake was not addressing their OL in time. We’ve been trying to improve our for years, so we are working on it. We’ve used 3 1st round picks on OL since 2015. And Burrow could very well end up being more durable than Luck.

Reply/Quote
I could be wrong, but I just don't see Dalton being the only QB to go and fail in New England. I'm not saying he's anything near Brady or that he'll set the world on fire, but I think he would be fine. Cassel played well, Brissett played well, and Garoppolo played well. Are all 3 of them better than Dalton? I don't see it but to each their own.

As to the fact they need weapons, I believe that is something the Patriots will address. Instead of sitting on their asses hoping their own will break out, that they'll hit on every single draft pick, or signing near the end vets or former 1st round busts, they actually seem to be more active in trying to improve their team and stay on top.

I'm not saying that Dalton couldn't fail, but I would expect his performance to be better than it has been the last 3 years or so in New England.
Reply/Quote
Andy is a perfect fit for New England; Quick release, Accurate, and more mobile then Brady right now. While I think Andy's time here is done here I think a change of scenery would do him some good.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'll start watching the PATS if Dalton goes to the PATS. I hope he is traded and wins a SB with the PATS. Than to all the Dalton haters the question will than be, was it Dalton or the system?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 04:37 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: I'll start watching the PATS if Dalton goes to the PATS. I hope he is traded and wins a SB with the PATS. Than to all the Dalton haters the question will than be, was it Dalton or the system?

And I hope WE win the Super Bowl. Weird I know for a Bengals message board...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bad example. That’s literally the only year they missed the playoffs in like 20 years.

Actually it was a good example. The Pats finished 11-5 that year. In virtually any other year they make the playoffs.

The Pats have turned Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassel, Jacoby Brissett, and Jimmy Garoppolo into valuable draft picks while getting solid play from them when pressed into service. Andy with some additional weapons would be pretty good up there, especially with the defense.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:32 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Actually it was a good example. The Pats finished 11-5 that year. In virtually any other year they make the playoffs.

The Pats have turned Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassel, Jacoby Brissett, and Jimmy Garoppolo into valuable draft picks while getting solid play from them when pressed into service. Andy with some additional weapons would be pretty good up there, especially with the defense.

Additional weapons are key words.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2020, 09:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Brady looks close to washed and he'll be 43 years old next year. Bill seems fond of "reclamation projects" like Dalton, and I honestly think Dalton would fit well in their system, which relies on a lot of pre-snap reads and quick throws, which is right up Dalton's ally. Plus, if Bill wins with Dalton, it'd help his legacy. No one would question whether it was "all Brady" anymore.

Heck, maybe Bill brings in all three.

All true. Cannot argue with anything you say here Shake. Think this is a definite possibility if Tom moves on.
Reply/Quote
I take it as Bill wants to come here and coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:57 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I take it as Bill wants to come here and coach.

I wish.
Reply/Quote