Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade candidates thread 2024 offseason!
(03-27-2024, 03:06 PM)J24 Wrote: A trade that would make the team better would be our 6th Rd pick for Harrison Phillips NT Minnesota.

Of course I'd like the trade, but how do the Vikings justify dealing their only NT on the roster from what I can see?  Seattle has depth, not many teams do.  If line a NT but it has to make sense for them, even if the Vikes want to add picks and move up for a QB. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 04:13 PM)phil413 Wrote: Of course I'd like the trade, but how do the Vikings justify dealing their only NT on the roster from what I can see?  Seattle has depth, not many teams do.  If line a NT but it has to make sense for them, even if the Vikes want to add picks and move up for a QB. 
Vikings are a rebuilding team that knows they won't be that good of a team come this season. So I don't think trading would hurt them that much. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 03:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I do not think you trade down if there is a chance a real difference maker falls to us at #18. 

I'd put the following 15 guys in that basket: 

QB (3): Williams, Daniels, Maye 
---------------
WR (3): Harrison, Nabers, Odunze 
OT (4): Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham 
TE (1): Bowers 
DT (1): Murphy 
CB (2): Arnold, Mitchell
----------
DE (1): Turner

We are out on the QBs and probably DEs. Then  there is the next basket of guys. If that all is left, that's when I'd talk trade down. Though there are some who would help a lot. Again, we are probably out on QBs & DEs, and any of thse guys going before #18 helps us. We'd need 3 to guarantee one of the top guys falls to us. 

QB (2): McCarty, Nix 
DE (2): Verse, Latu
-----------
OT (3): Fuatanu, Mims, Guyton 
WR (1): Thomas 
CB (1): DeJean 
IOL (1): Powers-Johnson 
DT (1): Newton

I'd be pretty happy with any of those 7. Maybe a couple more (McKinstry, Morgan, Mitchell). But 24-27 is probably as low as I'd be willing to go trading back. Not a fan of switching a guys position (Barton, Fautanu at G, etc).

But tems with later firsts AND earlier seconds is a small universe if you want Sweat in Rd2. Though another 3rd could be ammo to move up.

There is a good chance a few of those guys on the second list make it to 27. 
In the mock drafts I've done I occasionally get Lathom, Fashana, or Bowers falling to 27. 
Mims and Fautanu make it there a decent amount. 
Powers Johnson and Barton make it there a decent amount.
Newton too. 

I'd feel much better taking Bowers at 27 than 18 in terms of value because you improved your 2nd round pick and added a 3rd or 4th. 

But hey, the Bengals tried to do it ten years ago and missed out on Ragnow so you never know. 
I think the issue there was they were too narrow-minded in their focus (reaching for Price) and they should have traded down further if that was their intent.

If they stand pat at 18 and get a good player I wont complain. 
I'd prefer oline, DT, or corner. 
I'd certainly like one of the top 3 wideouts but that wont happen unless theres a run on OT and Edge and QB.
But WR is such a high value position that it's very doubtful.

I'm leary of pick 49. I think the player you take there isn't much different from a player you take in the 3rd. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 09:41 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sled, I’m sorry, I just don’t see it.

Browns - all backups.
Steelers - 2 games, Bengals scored 21 points in 8 quarters. Browning had 2 TDs and 4 picks.
Ravens - not going to grade him on that game, he was coming off the bench.

Colts, jags and Viking were all pretty average to bad against the pass last year.  

Jake browning wins came against non playoff teams (browns not withstanding).  I will admit that some of those teams were vying for playoff contention,  but if you look back at the league last year, there were some average to mediocre teams on the bubble and in the playoffs (bengals included).  

Look, Jake browning is a good backup QB.  But there is zero chance that anyone is seriously considering giving up assets and hooking their wagon to Jake browning long term.

Geno smith did it two years ago along with Daniel jones.  Both could be looking for QBs sooner than later.  I fully expect baker mayfield to have a regression to the mean as well.  

Jake browning had a nice story in 2023, and I’m glad he is our backup if burrow misses a game or two.

Did he have a healthy Higgns and a healthy Chase in all of his starts? If not, numbers are more impressive. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 04:13 PM)phil413 Wrote: Of course I'd like the trade, but how do the Vikings justify dealing their only NT on the roster from what I can see?  Seattle has depth, not many teams do.  If line a NT but it has to make sense for them, even if the Vikes want to add picks and move up for a QB. 

If Seattle is that deep and in cap hell, maybe best to wait and let them cut him versus a trade.  
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote