Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trade candidates thread!
(10-10-2023, 03:38 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Sounds like Denver may be heading to Garage sale mode, how about either Evans or Treveon and 6/7 rounder to get Samaje back? Sure would help with our 3rd down production/protection.

Justin Simmons would be intriguing from the broncos.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Call the panthers and see what it would take to get Vonn bell back. He would immediately upgrade the secondary and is familiar with the system.

Panthers are 0-5 and lack some draft capital with the Bryce young trade.

Another one, while older (34) is Harrison Smith. Under contract through 2025. He restructured his deal this off-season, and is owed some into the future.
Reply/Quote
Budda Baker S (27) - The All-Pro resolved a brief contract dispute with Arizona by getting a pay raise prior to this season, only to land on injured reserve with a hamstring issue one week into the year. He's a do-it-all play-maker when healthy, but Jonathan Gannon's defense has been feistier than expected even without him; current starters Jalen Thompson and K'Von Wallace have both been active. Rebuilding Arizona (1-4) could save big money by dealing him ahead of a potential 2024 free agency.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 09:35 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Justin Simmons would be intriguing from the broncos.

I don't see the Bengals bringing another safety in with Dax, Battle and Scott already here, but it wouldn't bother me to bring in a Vet. I see Perine's affordable contract and track record with the Bengals as a possible addition. If Mixon goes down we're screwed!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 09:43 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Call the panthers and see what it would take to get Vonn bell back.  He would immediately upgrade the secondary and is familiar with the system.  

Panthers are 0-5 and lack some draft capital with the Bryce young trade.

Another one, while older (34) is Harrison Smith. Under contract through 2025.  He restructured his deal this off-season, and is owed some into the future.

Why would you trade for Bell when you have a guy like Battle on the team? Need to figure out what he is first. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 12:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why would you trade for Bell when you have a guy like Battle on the team? Need to figure out what he is first. 

Win now. Obviously we are missing something in the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 03:38 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Sounds like Denver may be heading to Garage sale mode, how about either Evans or Treveon and 6/7 rounder to get Samaje back? Sure would help with our 3rd down production/protection.

If you give up a player and a pick for a backup running back that you just let go in FA, someone needs to be fired.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 02:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you give up a player and a pick for a backup running back that you just let go in FA, someone needs to be fired.

Why? The Bengals wanted Perine back and offered the same deal, but he wanted more playing time. Dude was a big part of our offense the past 2 years. If you could get him back for late pick and a backup RB you be dumb not to. You good with Evans, Brown or Williams at RB if Mixon gets hurt?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 10:32 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Budda Baker S (27) - The All-Pro resolved a brief contract dispute with Arizona by getting a pay raise prior to this season, only to land on injured reserve with a hamstring issue one week into the year. He's a do-it-all play-maker when healthy, but Jonathan Gannon's defense has been feistier than expected even without him; current starters Jalen Thompson and K'Von Wallace have both been active. Rebuilding Arizona (1-4) could save big money by dealing him ahead of a potential 2024 free agency.

I like this idea, Budda Baker next to Dax Hill sounds like one heck of a Safety tandem.

Still not a need really though, I think both Battle and especially Tycen Anderson could be great in the future.

We need a difference maker pass rush wise besides Trey on the DL IMO.

Any Ends out there possible in a trade scenario?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 02:21 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Why? The Bengals wanted Perine back and offered the same deal, but he wanted more playing time. Dude was a big part of our offense the past 2 years. If you could get him back for late pick and a backup RB you be dumb not to. You good with Evans, Brown or Williams at RB if Mixon gets hurt?

Because you just don't give up a player and a pick for another backup player. Especially one you just lost in FA. It's a really, really bad look.

Williams, i'm fine with. If Evans and Brown had more totes, i'd bet on them producing similarly. Hard to say they're bad when they're not really used.

I was on the 'let Mixon go' train before this season. I'm now on the 'Mixon is playing better now--they're just not using him as much' train. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 02:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because you just don't give up a player and a pick for another backup player. Especially one you just lost in FA. It's a really, really bad look.

Williams, i'm fine with. If Evans and Brown had more totes, i'd bet on them producing similarly. Hard to say they're bad when they're not really used.

I was on the 'let Mixon go' train before this season. I'm now on the 'Mixon is playing better now--they're just not using him as much' train. 

Yeah, hard to judge our RB's with how little they have been used and Mixon IS playing better, we just need to see better blitz pickup from them.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this idea, Budda Baker next to Dax Hill sounds like one heck of a Safety tandem.

Still not a need really though, I think both Battle and especially Tycen Anderson could be great in the future.

We need a difference maker pass rush wise besides Trey on the DL IMO.

Any Ends out there possible in a trade scenario?

Melvin Ingram is still a FA and did have 6 sacks last year for the dolphins.

Despite his age, Ingam remains a very capable sack artist. He recorded six sacks and 18 quarterback pressures with the Miami Dolphins this past season. He achieved this while being primarily a rotational player and seeing only 45 percent of the defensive snap.

That's likely the role Ingram would fill, and he's perfectly suited for it—and for coming in on short notice.

After spending the first nine years of his career with the Chargers, Ingram has jumped around over the past two and remained valuable. Before joining the Dolphins in 2022, he split the previous year with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Kansas City Chiefs, providing 11 quarterback pressures to each of them.

Ingram should also fill the need for a "bargain" after playing on a modest one-year, $4 million deal in Miami.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 02:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because you just don't give up a player and a pick for another backup player. Especially one you just lost in FA. It's a really, really bad look.

They wanted Perine back and made a very similar offer as Denver, so that tells me how much they valued him. I threw in a backup not named Brown just to free up a spot for Perine. Dude was our 3rd down back and ran great when Mixon was out last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 03:41 PM)Tomcat Wrote: They wanted Perine back and made a very similar offer as Denver, so that tells me how much they valued him. I threw in a backup not named Brown just to free up a spot for Perine. Dude was our 3rd down back and ran great when Mixon was out last year.

Would perine want to come back? He chose Denver over Cincy.

“I felt like it was time for me to branch out and start something new, to try to make even more of a name for myself with a new program,’’ Perine told Chris Tomasson of The Denver Gazette. “I just felt it was time for me to make a name for myself wanting to do more offensively just because I didn’t know what they were going to do with Joe (Mixon). Obviously, he’s still a great back."

Maybe a 7th round pick….
Reply/Quote

Mixon is a bit unclear right now. He had two strong performances - including one very strong performance week one - but has been uninspiring the other three games. He has slid back down the boards as far as breaking tackles and generating yards after contact which has been his issue his whole career. Here is a chart that plots out his elusiveness by season, so you can see where he stands relative to his career...

[Image: EG8POmh.png]

Here is Mixon's elusiveness by week so far this season...

[Image: V3Dl7uO.png]

So, after starting off fairly well, Mixon is back down near the bottom of the league in generating missed tackles and yards after contact. There is still plenty of ball to be played, and the Bengals run offense in general is a bit uninspiring, but he has largely been the same guy he has always been aside from a couple of strong games so far. Hopefully he can get back to what he was doing early on.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 04:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Mixon is a bit unclear right now. He had two strong performances - including one very strong performance week one - but has been uninspiring the other three games. He has slid back down the boards as far as breaking tackles and generating yards after contact which has been his issue his whole career. Here is a chart that plots out his elusiveness by season, so you can see where he stands relative to his career...

[Image: EG8POmh.png]

Here is Mixon's elusiveness by week so far this season...

[Image: V3Dl7uO.png]

So, after starting off fairly well, Mixon is back down near the bottom of the league in generating missed tackles and yards after contact. There is still plenty of ball to be played, and the Bengals run offense in general is a bit uninspiring, but he has largely been the same guy he has always been aside from a couple of strong games so far. Hopefully he can get back to what he was doing early on.

I think it might have been the Rams game where he was around 5 per and on his last 3 or 4 carries, basically just lining up and running up the gut, he was negative yardage which hurt him bad that game. Against the Cardinals, i saw him make a couple cuts that he hadn't been making for a couple years. 

Just on the eye test, he looks "better" this year. Not sure how more carries this year would translate on your data, but i'm more encouraged this year than i was last year, with his vision and balance and ability to not go down right away on first contact.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 03:39 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Melvin Ingram is still a FA and did have 6 sacks last year for the dolphins.

Despite his age, Ingam remains a very capable sack artist. He recorded six sacks and 18 quarterback pressures with the Miami Dolphins this past season. He achieved this while being primarily a rotational player and seeing only 45 percent of the defensive snap.

That's likely the role Ingram would fill, and he's perfectly suited for it—and for coming in on short notice.

After spending the first nine years of his career with the Chargers, Ingram has jumped around over the past two and remained valuable. Before joining the Dolphins in 2022, he split the previous year with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Kansas City Chiefs, providing 11 quarterback pressures to each of them.

Ingram should also fill the need for a "bargain" after playing on a modest one-year, $4 million deal in Miami.

Bring in Melvin Ingram while Murphy grows into his own behind him then is my vote. Thanks for all this Bengalbug. Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 04:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think it might have been the Rams game where he was around 5 per and on his last 3 or 4 carries, basically just lining up and running up the gut, he was negative yardage which hurt him bad that game. Against the Cardinals, i saw him make a couple cuts that he hadn't been making for a couple years. 

Just on the eye test, he looks "better" this year. Not sure how more carries this year would translate on your data, but i'm more encouraged this year than i was last year, with his vision and balance and ability to not go down right away on first contact.

Yeah, the Browns and Rams game I thought he looked great. The other weeks, I thought he looked a bit so-so. He just chewed up what the offensive line gave him. He had a nice cut to the outside versus the Titans, but he has otherwise been very easy to bring down. It's still early so I am still not sure what to make of him. 
Reply/Quote
I'd offer up a 6th rounder for Mike Gesicki assuming they can make his contract fit within the salary cap.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Frank Clark DE wants out of Denver...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/broncos-will-trade-or-release-frank-clark

Could help rotate in at DE.. Does it he much left
Reply/Quote