Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trade candidates thread!
(10-12-2023, 12:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Looks like Frank Clark DE wants out of Denver...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/broncos-will-trade-or-release-frank-clark

Could help rotate in at DE..   Does it he much left

Do it, do it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals do pull off the rare mid-season trade, I'd fully expect it to happen during the bye week. I still don't see anything happening since it's not Duke's MO.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Trades

Very aggressive - Burns DE from Panthers or Hunter from Vikings or Donald from Rams

Aggressive - Hunter Henry from Pats or Waller from Giants

Late Round offer - Perrine from Broncos

I don't see us doing any of the trades, but fun to speculate
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 03:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trades

Very aggressive - Burns DE from Panthers or Hunter from Vikings or Donald from Rams

Aggressive - Hunter Henry from Pats or Waller from Giants

Late Round offer - Perrine from Broncos

I don't see us doing any of the trades, but fun to speculate

Love all the thoughts and am down with anyone of them.

Frank Clark or Melvin Ingram sure would help if we don't want to be very aggressive.
Reply/Quote
Apparently Denver is open to trading players. All 5 of these guys are reportedly on the market.
Jerry Judy Wr
Courtland Sutton WR
Justin Simmons S
Garrett Boles OT
Carolina is also putting Jeremy Chinn and Terrace Marshall on the trading block. Marshall is interesting considering the Fact that he played with Chase and Burrow at LSU. Could be a low key replacement for Tee next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Trades I would do
Bengals trade a 2024 6th RD pick to Bears for NT Andrew Billings.
Bengals trade NT Josh Tupou to Dallas for 3T Neville Gallimore.
Bengals trade a 2025 6th RD pick to Carolina for Wr Terrace Marshall and a 2025 7th RD pick.
J24

Reply/Quote
Interesting one I heard..
Mike Onwenu OG/OT NE Patriots. High level RG who has also played LG and RT. He's not playing great right now (though no sacks given up) while still recovering from offseason ankle surgery. He's in the last year of his contract.
I'm not sure he wouldn't be a better LG than Kappa, but Jonah, Cody Ford, and Max Sharping are all on expiring contracts. With his injury, this might be the time to get a good player who could contribute by the end of this year and with an extension add competition to a line that is going to have to be addressed this summer anyway.
Reply/Quote
Super Bowl caliber front offices - don't rest on their laurels.

I'm a big fan of when teams make moves mid-season to go for it.

Another O-linemen would be nice but honestly I think Pollack is the real issue.... so maybe I lean defensive help. The defense could use a shot right now it just feels like a good QB will abuse it.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Zach Ertz. 32 years old, but still productive. Probably wouldn’t cost a ton.
Reply/Quote
Darren Waller is a hot name that was floated today....

Bengals could cut him in the off-season with no dead money. Just would need to pony up for this year which they should do!

I'd do it for a 5th or 6th round pick!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I would love it if Duke would shock us and actually complete a trade by the deadline, but I'm not expecting it. He hates giving up draft picks.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 08:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Darren Waller is a hot name that was floated today....

Bengals could cut him in the off-season with no dead money. Just would need to pony up for this year which they should do!

I'd do it for a 5th or 6th round pick!

Giants gave up a 3rd. A 5th may just get it done.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 11:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I would love it if Duke would shock us and actually complete a trade by the deadline, but I'm not expecting it. He hates giving up draft picks.

You're probably right.
With that being said the Bengals will more than likely  have 2 comp picks from Bell(5th) and Perine(7th) + compensation from a would be Higgins deal. So if the Bengals are going all in this year is as good as any.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 12:28 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Giants gave up a 3rd.  A 5th may just get it done.

Waller is 31 years old with a salary of 17 million per year.  With all the other needs we have, I cant see giving up a draft pick to get a 31 year old TE that will cost the Bengals 17 million per.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 12:17 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Waller is 31 years old with a salary of 17 million per year.  With all the other needs we have, I cant see giving up a draft pick to get a 31 year old TE that will cost the Bengals 17 million per.

It would be a one year rental. He can be cut after this year with no ramifications to the cap. The bengals have the means to do that with the available 2023 cal space left.

I hear you on 31, but he is still a great Tight end right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2023, 10:35 AM)J24 Wrote: Trades I would  do
Bengals trade a 2024 6th RD pick to Bears for NT Andrew Billings.
Bengals trade NT Josh Tupou to Dallas  for 3T Neville Gallimore.
Bengals trade a 2025 6th RD pick to Carolina for  Wr Terrace Marshall and a 2025 7th RD pick.

Meh, it can be argued that Billings' best years were when he was with the Bengals.  Not sure I would do more than a 7th for him at this point.

I'm definitely not trading my best backup NT for a 3T who averages less than two tackles/game and .75 sacks/season..

Terrace Marshall can't even become a consistent starter in 'Carolina.  His size is closer to Boyd than Higgins, so definitely not a suitable replacement for Tee. (I think Iosivas will lock that down)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 01:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, it can be argued that Billings' best years were when he was with the Bengals.  Not sure I would do more than a 7th for him at this point.

I'm definitely not trading my best backup NT for a 3T who averages less than two tackles/game and .75 sacks/season..

Terrace Marshall can't even become a consistentP starter in 'Carolina.  His size is closer to Boyd than Higgins, so definitely not a suitable replacement for Tee. (I think Iosivas will lock that down)

1.) Billings has been good the past 2 seasons with the Raiders and Bears. PFF has him as a 72.75 over these past two seasons.  Josh Tupou has a 56.65 PFF rating. Plus he knows the team and understands our system. 

2.) I only make the deal if we get Billings (or another NT) and Gallimore is struggling to get playing time on Dallas because they are loaded with athletic interior players. We need an athletic interior DT here to spell Hill. Dallas needs a nose Tackle. Win win for both teams.

3.)Marshall has experience with Burrow and he ran a 4-38 in the 40. He can be a viable deep threat and nice insurance policy.
Reply/Quote
Could we trade Frank Pollack? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 02:53 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Billings has been good the past 2 seasons with the Raiders and Bears. PFF has him as a 72.75 over these past two seasons.  Josh Tupou has a 56.65 PFF rating. Plus he knows the team and understands our system. 

2.) I only make the deal if we get Billings (or another NT) and Gallimore is struggling to get playing time on Dallas because they are loaded with athletic interior players. We need an athletic interior DT here to spell Hill. Dallas needs a nose Tackle.  Win win for both teams.

3.)Marshall has experience with Burrow and he ran a 4-38 in the 40. He can be a viable deep threat and nice insurance policy.

If you say so.  Billings has 6 tackles and 0 sacks in 6 games this season.  Billings does NOT know our team and understand the system, as he left the Bengals after the 2019 season.  Pretty much the entire roster has turned over since he was here last, and Anarumo is running things vastly differently than when Billings last played here.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2023, 05:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you say so.  Billings has 6 tackles and 0 sacks in 6 games this season.  Billings does NOT know our team and understand the system, as he left the Bengals after the 2019 season.  Pretty much the entire roster has turned over since he was here last, and Anarumo is running things vastly differently than when Billings last played here.  

Duke and Lou both know him well and he's played well for the past two years. IDG why giving up a 6th RD pick for him is so controversial to you?

All I'm saying is he would be a nice player in the rotation!
J24

Reply/Quote