Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade deadline tomorrow
(10-30-2017, 11:58 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Just like that the rich get richer the patriots trade their backup for essentially a first round pick. You know he will go to San Francisco and play like he's never seen a football. Then the Texans trade an o-line player we could of really used to Seattle. Meanwhile in bengal land mike brown is turning the heat down to conserve his electric bill. I wish he would finally retire and give the team to his daughter so maybe there could be a little hope for us.

I get you are upset, but Jimmy G. with Kyle Shanahan = good career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I get you are upset, but Jimmy G. with Kyle Shanahan = good career.

Agreed. People keep associating Jimmy with Mallet and Cassel, but that's a lazy comparison.

Jimmy was a better prospect coming out of the draft and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

I think Shannahan will make something of him. If not, they coughed up a pick in the 30's to evaluate a possible franchise QB. Can't knock the move for either team. Plus NE was smart to wait til the deadline and find a team that will likely have the highest pick in the 2nd.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. People keep associating Jimmy with Mallet and Cassel, but that's a lazy comparison.

Jimmy was a better prospect coming out of the draft and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

I think Shannahan will make something of him. If not, they coughed up a pick in the 30's to evaluate a possible franchise QB. Can't knock the move for either team. Plus NE was smart to wait til the deadline and find a team that will likely have the highest pick in the 2nd.

I like shannahan he's proven he's a great offensive mind,Atlanta is missing him big time. But... Jimmy g might turn out alright but he already seems injury prone. And like that other guy joking around said that's usually how patriots fleece teams. Then they'll look like geniuses like always .Then Brady will be in the Superbowl 2 more times before he retires  
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:25 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I like shannahan he's proven he's a great offensive mind,Atlanta is missing him big time. But... Jimmy g might turn out alright but he already seems injury prone. And like that other guy joking around said that's usually how patriots fleece teams. Then they'll look like geniuses like always .Then Brady will be in the Superbowl 2 more times before he retires  

Can't disagree with anything you said. I've liked Jimmy as a prospect, but he did get injured quickly and there's limited tape on him. I think he'll do alright in SF, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if you're right. I'd say it was worth a roll of the dice for SF though. A 2nd rounder in exchange for 8 games to evaluate a possible franchise QB? If I'm a 9ers fan, sign me up.

Plus the Pats get a pick in the 30's and (probably) their old backup in Brian Hoyer. A top shelf backup who is still young enough to eventually help them transition from Brady to a young QB. This was the definition of win-win IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill posted a red-faced emoji on Twitter not long ago, people asking him if he's been traded and he's being cryptically silent... Keep an eye on this
Reply/Quote
Giving our penchant for trades unrealistic I don't know about the bills and how they feel about Tyrod Glenn + a 3rd for Mccarron?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Jeremy Hill posted a red-faced emoji on Twitter not long ago, people asking him if he's been traded and he's being cryptically silent... Keep an eye on this

Probably mad that he isn't getting traded.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:16 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Probably mad that he isn't getting traded.

It was the other red face, the one that looks like he's blushing in an "I've got a secret" kind of way
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Jeremy Hill posted a red-faced emoji on Twitter not long ago, people asking him if he's been traded and he's being cryptically silent... Keep an eye on this

If it meant we were getting Jarvis Landry from the Dolphins I know it's a long shot Dolphins Just traded Ajayi and need a RB. He would be a perfect fit He can get open in the slot instantly.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If it meant we were getting Jarvis Landry from the Dolphins I know it's a long shot Dolphins Just traded Ajayi and need a RB. He would be a perfect fit He can get open in the slot instantly.

But what good is another receiver if Andy can't even set his feet because his offensive line is weak as s***?
Reply/Quote
We ain't tradin' for shit.  Do you guys realize the last time these clowns made a midseason deal, disco was a thing?  Yeah....'bout 40 years ago. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 04:58 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: We ain't tradin' for shit.  Do you guys realize the last time these clowns made a midseason deal, disco was a thing?  Yeah....'bout 40 years ago. Mellow

They’d rather trot this 5 win team out there, because you know, if it’s broke, don’t fix it. Or something.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 04:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: We ain't tradin' for shit.  Do you guys realize the last time these clowns made a midseason deal, disco was a thing?  Yeah....'bout 40 years ago. Mellow

We traded Carson Palmer midseason...though that was more of a "unicorn flying through a lunar eclipse on his way to Bigfoot's house" sort of rarity than business as usual.

Also, 40 years ago Ringo Starr released his craptastic disco album!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 04:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: We ain't tradin' for shit.  Do you guys realize the last time these clowns made a midseason deal, disco was a thing?  Yeah....'bout 40 years ago. Mellow

Didn't we trade Corey Dillon mid season?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Business as usual at PB Stadium. *tumbleweed rolls by* *crickets chirping*
Reply/Quote
It’s 4:00 PM and I just logged on to see what happened with Cincinnati now that the trade deadline passed. Did the Bengals trade Jeremy Hill to Miami for Ndamukong Suh?
Reply/Quote
Thank god it's deer season, I can go kill something!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We traded Carson Palmer midseason...though that was more of a "unicorn flying through a lunar eclipse on his way to Bigfoot's house" sort of rarity than business as usual.

Also, 40 years ago Ringo Starr released his craptastic disco album!

....but not for another player, those were for draft picks.

(10-31-2017, 05:07 PM)corpjet Wrote: Didn't we trade Corey Dillon mid season?

Nope, we picked up Charlie Joiner and Ron Pritchard in 1972.....

http://www.espn.co.uk/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/28769/bengals-last-midseason-trade-acquisition-came-in-the-disco-era

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Once again the Front Office proves winning is not their top priority (and neither is the health of their "Franchise" QB.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Once again the Front Office proves winning is not their top priority (and neither is the health of their "Franchise" QB.

The truth hurts. I want so badly to hate this team, but I just can’t. I simply do not have it in me.

Reply/Quote