Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trade for Dalton and let Burrow rest for the next 4 games.
(09-18-2023, 12:20 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: You seem to think im bashing Burrow and im not (look at my username ffs) he said he tweaked his calf on the 2nd to last play of the game im offering a solution to get him back to 100%. 

How do you know I don't really think this is a great thread?
Reply/Quote
In all seriousness, look at our backups recently. The Bengals go as cheap as possible.

They knew Burrow hurt his calf...and didn't add a Wentz. Because guys like that cost money.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Except the stats show that he is throwing on the run more than last year. And he's doing it well.

You all act like he's back there with a broken leg, unable to move.

Link to these stats?

It is really clear that Burrow cannot run. He had multiple chances yesterday to scramble out of the pocket and move aroun and he just couldn't.  It's not DIDN'T. It's COULDN'T.  He has scrambled and ran for yards, first downs, etc. on the regular since his rookie year. Hisbrushes per game and yardage show this.

Yesterday 1 rush for 5 yards. Last week 1 rush for -1 yards. This is NOT typical of his scambling ability in the least.

He also has had next to ZERO unscripted or "scramble drill" plays. I was at the game yesterday. I cannot recall bootlegs, roll outs, etc. Most of his completions had to be super quick, from a stand still, and within 3 yards of the LOS.

Meanwhile, the Ravens KILLED the Bengals on scramble drill, improvisational stuff Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In all seriousness, look at our backups recently. The Bengals go as cheap as possible.

They knew Burrow hurt his calf...and didn't add a Wentz. Because guys like that cost money.

Because they're trying to re-sign both Burrow and Tee.....
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wanted you to know that I read this.

You know, deep down, I think I knew all along Wub
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How do you know I don't really think this is a great thread?

Thread police got me... 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Not that we don't all want to see Andy start here again...
Reply/Quote
with Bryce Young injured, Andy Dalton is expected to start Sunday for the Carolina Panthers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I heard a rumor that Akili Smith has finally learned the playbook and is looking to make a comeback. Maybe Klingler is a better fit in Zacs system?

Zac's system is actually called "figure it out Joe".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I would love to have a mid-tier QB like Dalton step in for Burrow while he gets healthy.
You can win with a mid-tier QB.

That said, I seriously doubt it'll happen.
Carolina is starting Dalton this week.
Most teams with a good backup QB have one for a reason (they are smart).

I don't like the idea of Wentz. He sucks.
I'm not sure if Matt Ryan is washed, but he was a good mid-tier QB during his career.
Not many options, but overall poor planning and maneagement is the reason for this situation.

All we can do is pray for a miracle and hope Burrow somehow heals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I actually think the Dalton plan might have worked if we tried to swing it after the injury first happened in early training camp. Carolina might have given him up for a late Rd pick. I was hopeful with the injury news at first and I was even still optimistic after the Ravens game that maybe he would be ready. But I think the season is washed. It's looking like either Burrow misses this game or barely makes it. Either way I think it won't be enough to get the win Monday night. Not sure how much we keep pushing him to get ready or just sit him until he is healthy. Then the question becomes do you want him to come back at some point and win meaningless games or just continue with Browning and lose our way to a top 5 pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 06:30 PM)pally Wrote: with Bryce Young injured, Andy Dalton is expected to start Sunday for the Carolina Panthers

So a team that is damn near a lock for the bottom-tier of the NFL is more prepared for a surprise injury to their starting QB than we are nearly 2 months after our QB was carted off the field.

(09-21-2023, 06:50 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: All we can do is pray for a miracle and hope Burrow somehow heals.

Getting the 1st pick in the year where someone like Burrow was available was our miracle.  We are currently in the "How are you handling that miracle I sent you?" phase. 

(09-21-2023, 07:03 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Then the question becomes do you want him to come back at some point and win meaningless games or just continue with Browning and lose our way to a top 5 pick.

A top 5 pick would be nice, but man oh man if we punt on this season that's going to be a pretty bad look.  Top 5?  Imagine us getting a top 5 pick in an NFL that currently has teams that lost Aaron Rodgers 3 minutes into the season, finished with a handful of wins last  year and are starting rookie QBs who are currently banged up already, teams that are the Chicago Bears and the Browns and the AZ Cardinals, teams that gave Daniel Jones a buttload of money, and teams that went into the year with Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield at QB.

Finishing in that group is some tragic stuff.
Reply/Quote
I was not part of the mob that hated on Dalton and didn't really get the vitriol that was directed his way. That said, we do not trade for Dalton. ( also, thy aren't giving him up ).
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
You are not bringing anyone in on Thursday to play Monday night that could do a better job than Browning. It is laughable to think this could work.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So a team that is damn near a lock for the bottom-tier of the NFL is more prepared for a surprise injury to their starting QB than we are nearly 2 months after our QB was carted off the field.

Imagine that. 

I was always a believer in having a veteran back up. I wanted Alex Smith when Burrow first got hurt in his rookie year. Now, I just want guys who are not practice squad players with a field pass.3
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A top 5 pick would be nice, but man oh man if we punt on this season that's going to be a pretty bad look.  Top 5?  Imagine us getting a top 5 pick in an NFL that currently has teams that lost Aaron Rodgers 3 minutes into the season, finished with a handful of wins last  year and are starting rookie QBs who are currently banged up already, teams that are the Chicago Bears and the Browns and the AZ Cardinals, teams that gave Daniel Jones a buttload of money, and teams that went into the year with Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield at QB.

Finishing in that group is some tragic stuff.

Yeah there might be a number of bad teams this year. I guess we're just in the dark with what this injury is gonna turn out to be. Maybe the team and Burrow is as well. I really think we needed to make a move in training camp for a worst case scenario to get us to the midpoint of the season at least around .500. Is Burrow gonna struggle and grind to play every week when we just saw him injure his calf again on a pretty basic play. I wonder if the team is not wanting to shut him down or say he's not playing this game because it might hurt attendance. I mean if we go back to basically struggling to even get 1 or 2 wins I would think people are gonna want to do something else with they're Sunday's. 
Reply/Quote
They should IR Burrow and bring him back after the bye week if he’s healthy.He’s at high risk for achilles tear with this condition,which is much worse than a calf strain.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 10:19 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: They should IR Burrow and bring him back after the bye week if he’s healthy.He’s at high risk for achilles tear with this condition,which is much worse than a calf strain.

No he’s not.

“Calf muscle injuries typically happen at the medial gastroc. This is not an Achilles [tendon injury]. He’s not at risk for Achilles,” Chao told Sports Injury Central. “He did rush the ball one time for five yards today which is more than before.”

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/former-nfl-doctor-weighs-in-on-joe-burrows-lingering-calf-injury/

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:41 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: You are not bringing anyone in on Thursday to play Monday night that could do a better job than Browning. It is laughable to think this could work.

Not necessarily true. Baker Mayfield played 2 days after being picked up by the Rams,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 07:41 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: You are not bringing anyone in on Thursday to play Monday night that could do a better job than Browning. It is laughable to think this could work.

That's the funny part of this.

When Tues/Wes rolled around and they hant signed anyone it was obvious.
Reply/Quote