Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trade for Dalton and let Burrow rest for the next 4 games.
(09-21-2023, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No he’s not.

“Calf muscle injuries typically happen at the medial gastroc. This is not an Achilles [tendon injury]. He’s not at risk for Achilles,” Chao told Sports Injury Central. “He did rush the ball one time for five yards today which is more than before.”

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/former-nfl-doctor-weighs-in-on-joe-burrows-lingering-calf-injury/

It's funny people want to ir him. If we do that every time he strains something, we'll be 6-11 every year.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the funniest part of this...

So funny I didn't laugh.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:36 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: So funny I didn't laugh.

You commented, which is the next best thing.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 10:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not necessarily true. Baker Mayfield played 2 days after being picked up by the Rams,

I did not say it was impossible for the new guy that just got on the team to win. I am just saying it is laughable to choose 3 days experience over 3 years' experience in the system.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:40 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I did not say it was impossible for the new guy that just got on the team to win. I am just saying it is laughable to choose 3 days experience over 3 years' experience in the system.

Yes.

Who was that qb we had a few years ago that could throw the ball out of the stadium from his knees?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 11:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes.

Who was that qb we had a few years ago that could throw the ball out of the stadium from his knees?
We had Jared Lorenzen ?

(RIP)

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Rush or Teddy B are the only guys I’d wanna trade for
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Jesus people, do you all not remember Rodgers being on the injury report every week for a year when he strained his calf? Relax, it's going to be the same thing every week. Sore for a couple days after the game, good after a couple days rest, game time decision every week. You guys act like there isn't precedent with this.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah since ZT and Andy were on such great terms.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Except the stats show that he is throwing on the run more than last year. And he's doing it well.

You all act like he's back there with a broken leg, unable to move.

I hear he visited Ukraine and got shot in both legs..and he's pregnant!  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Dalton is probably starting for the Panthers this Sunday, we aren't trading for him, there is no interest either way it seems.

I do like Dalton better than about any other backup, but he has another shot with the Panthers, not the time for him to leave.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 07:14 AM)Wyche Wrote: Jesus people, do you all not remember Rodgers being on the injury report every week for a year when he strained his calf? Relax, it's going to be the same thing every week. Sore for a couple days after the game, good after a couple days rest, game time decision every week. You guys act like there isn't precedent with this.

Yes, it is just one of those lingering injuries. Just have to hope if Joe plays he doesn't hurt the calf worse or that Browning is up to the task
to help us win a few games. The coaching though will have to improve big time and we will have to add more run fits, more Slants, more 
motion and more deep shots to scare Defenses some.

I still think we can win games with Browning this stretch, but the coaching must improve on both sides of the ball like last year.

I still have faith in this.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 12:41 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Yeah since ZT and Andy were on such great terms.

Andy would be fine playing for Zac, but to be safe he should make sure he signs after his birthday.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Dalton’s the starter in Carolina now. Bryce Young has been benched

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Young was not benched. He’s hurt.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:03 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Very winnable slate of games coming up.  Dalton is what he is but he has 1 year of experience in Zac Taylors system so the learning curve should be pretty short.  Next 4 are very winnable I have no doubt with our talent Dalton could go 3-1.  After these 4 we have a bye meaning Burrow wouldn't have to play again until October 29th.  Who says no?

[Image: jB87HTX.jpg]

There seems to be ton of confidence that these next 4 games are somewhat easy.... other than the Cardinals, the other 3 could be difficult even with Burrow.

Reply/Quote
Speaking of Andy, he's having a decent day, 21/36 for 267 and a TD. Good to see him in action again.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 11:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There seems to be ton of confidence that these next 4 games are somewhat easy.... other than the Cardinals, the other 3 could be difficult even with Burrow.

Cards looking decent versus the Cowboys. Mellow
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 08:02 PM)Destro Wrote: Cards looking decent versus the Cowboys. Mellow

Yes, they are,, up 12 with 4 min to go. And just INT Dak. Lookin like Cards will win.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Speaking of Andy, he's having a decent day, 21/36 for 267 and a TD. Good to see him in action again.

Impressed he's managed to keep it close while his OL has had about 12 false starts. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote