Poll: Trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade up for Sewell
Lots of talk about "trade back" if Sewell is gone. If/when Lawrence and Wilson go 1-2 the biggest prize is PS. To ensure we get him we'd have to give up our 1st and 2nd. We could probably also get Miami to throw in a 4-5.

Would yo do it?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I sure hope not.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 12:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of talk about "trade back" if Sewell is gone. If/when Lawrence and Wilson go 1-2 the biggest prize is PS. To ensure we get him we'd have to give up our 1st and 2nd. We could probably also get Miami to throw in a 4-5.

Would yo do it?

If Lawrence and Wilson go 1-2, we're guaranteed Sewell, Chase, or Pitts.  If Sewell doesn't make it to 5 and I'm desperate for a T I would trade our 2nd and another pick to move back up into the 1st.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals were a Tackle and maybe 1 or 2 more players away from competing for a championship I would say yes sacrifice a pick to move up a spot but the depth is so bad at almost every position on the roster they can't afford to give up draft picks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Absolutely not.

I've been on the we need O-line help and then more O-line help train since the season ended, but more then anything this team needs an infusion of talent at several positions.

Honestly, even if Sewell or Chase or Pitts or any combination of them is there at 5, I still think the best move is to trade out to 8 to 10 and then at 8 to 10, it would probably be smart to trade out a second time.

We need so many new guys that getting 2 extra 2nd rounders and maybe an extra 4th in all the moving is the best way to go.

Need 2 guards, and a tackle.
Need a new starting CB since it seems WJIII and Alexander will both be gone.
Need another DT along side Reader.
Need another guy that can get after the QB.
Need another WR to go along with Boyd and Higgins.
Need an upgrade at TE.

So you need to find 8 new starters. Sure, we might get 1 or 2 of those in FA, but still that leaves 6 really big holes. 3 extra picks in the early part of the draft makes it much easier to fill all the holes.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 01:37 AM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals were a Tackle and maybe 1 or 2 more players away from competing for a championship I would say yes sacrifice a pick to move up a spot but the depth is so bad at almost every position on the roster they can't afford to give up draft picks.

If we were a tackle and 1 or 2 players away we wouldn't have the chance to draft a generational talent. 

Reply/Quote
Nope. As a matter of fact, I'd pick Pitts over Sewell. I'm in the trade down to 8-10 spot and try to pick up another 2nd rounder to pick a couple of OTs there. This draft is deep in OT and I don't see Sewell as head and shoulders above the OT. I DO see Pitts as that for TE. That's why you go Pitts or trade down (you still may get him there).
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I really really want Sewell, but I wouldn't trade up to get him, especially since there is a chance he will be there at 5. Either way, we are guaranteed to get Sewell, Chase, Pitts or Smith. There is no lose for us in rd 1. It's the rest of the rounds that intrigue me.
Reply/Quote
No way when we have so many other needs. I would even trade back and take Slater or Darrishaw and get an extra pick
Reply/Quote
If next week is going to be as bad as people think, bengals have no reason to find really good upgrades for cheaper than normal.
Reply/Quote
No. We need more picks, not less.

This might change if we went hog wild in free agency but I don’t see that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 01:37 AM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals were a Tackle and maybe 1 or 2 more players away from competing for a championship I would say yes sacrifice a pick to move up a spot but the depth is so bad at almost every position on the roster they can't afford to give up draft picks.

agreed . too many holes to plug on the orange and black row boat. They need to get a legit tackle in FA so they can have the flexibilty come the draft. Lets see if they get it done. I saw Raiders are releasing Trent Brown. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 02:06 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Absolutely not.

I've been on the we need O-line help and then more O-line help train since the season ended, but more then anything this team needs an infusion of talent at several positions.

Honestly, even if Sewell or Chase or Pitts or any combination of them is there at 5, I still think the best move is to trade out to 8 to 10 and then at 8 to 10, it would probably be smart to trade out a second time.

We need so many new guys that getting 2 extra 2nd rounders and maybe an extra 4th in all the moving is the best way to go.

Need 2 guards, and a tackle.
Need a new starting CB since it seems WJIII and Alexander will both be gone.
Need another DT along side Reader.
Need another guy that can get after the QB.
Need another WR to go along with Boyd and Higgins.
Need an upgrade at TE.

So you need to find 8 new starters. Sure, we might get 1 or 2 of those in FA, but still that leaves 6 really big holes. 3 extra picks in the early part of the draft makes it much easier to fill all the holes.

This roster needs more experience on the oline.
It needs to sign a RT,  backup C and 2 OG in FA. 
Sewell is uber talented but Darrisaw and Slater are in 
The same conversation as him talent wise.
Kyle Pitts is light years better than all the other TEs
In the draft.
Reply/Quote
I'd be open to trading up for him if the person we're trading with would accept next year's 3rd round pick.

But with the number of QBs being projected in the top 10 this year (at least 3, maybe 4 if someone falls in love with Lance and/or Jones), I am certain they could get much more than that.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 02:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If we were a tackle and 1 or 2 players away we wouldn't have the chance to draft a generational talent. 

That's mostly the case for teams picking in the top 5 but not always. As recently as 2019 the 49ers took Nick Bosa #2OA then went to the Super Bowl. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I agree with everybody, hell no. Sewell will most likely be a damn good OT in the NFL but nobody is a sure thing.

You stay put and see how it falls, if we trade back I am not against it as we would be adding a pick or two and there
will most likely be a damn good player there for us. Also more than fine staying put and grabbing Pitts or Chase, one
of these guys will be there and in my opinion are the best at their position in the Draft. Chase already has chemistry
with Joe which is why I have him as the top WR for us if we go that direction early.
Reply/Quote
wow 22-0 : we rarely see 100% polls
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 01:31 PM)impactplaya Wrote: This roster needs more experience on the oline.
It needs to sign a RT,  backup C and 2 OG in FA. 
Sewell is uber talented but Darrisaw and Slater are in 
The same conversation as him talent wise.
Kyle Pitts is light years better than all the other TEs
In the draft.

Some are starting to pay attention to Brevin JordanBrevin Jordan

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2021/2/14/22282934/draft-profiles-what-theyre-saying-about-brevin-jordan-miami-hurricanes

He's the only TE in college to have more yards after contact than Pitts.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 04:36 PM)Stewy Wrote: wow  22-0 : we rarely see 100% polls

It's more lopsided than Burrow for Watson

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 05:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some are starting to pay attention to Brevin JordanBrevin Jordan

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2021/2/14/22282934/draft-profiles-what-theyre-saying-about-brevin-jordan-miami-hurricanes

He's the only TE in college to have more yards after contact than Pitts.

Hmmm and I have seen Brevin Jordan mentioned as late as the 5th round in some mocks...
Reply/Quote