Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Wayans, just gtfo
Maybe cutting his hair may help cut on his injuries. ha!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 08:39 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I meant that as the team who thinks they are a legitimate superbowl contender might pay a little more than the Bengals. But if it is playing time then yeah that might work out here but if everyone stays healthy and Waynes comes back then he might find himself in a similar situation. I'm fine with Apple filling in for Waynes but if Awuzie or Hilton get hurt and we have Apple and Phillips our secondary becomes very suspect.

[Image: th?id=OIP.cPu4N6EsnUpUiMpRUDCSNgAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
For a different look we can try Tyler Shelvin in Waynes spot...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Waynes is like the other elite performing athletes I have known it is killing him to miss all this time.

Very few of us have jobs that are our passion. And I don't think there are many guys who put in the work to make the NFL who are not passionate about competing on the field. Hell, I played for free and I HATED to miss playing time with an injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Waynes is like the other elite performing athletes I have known it is killing him to miss all this time.

Very few of us have jobs that are our passion.  And I don't think there are many guys who put in the work to make the NFL who are not passionate about competing on the field.  Hell, I played for free and I HATED to miss playing time with an injury.

That's the key word. As a Bengal, he seems like he's become the older, self-preservation type of player. I wonder if Ross gave him any advice.
Reply/Quote
Just cut this asshole already....
Reply/Quote
Harsh thread; injuries happen it doesn't mean the guy quit on the team. He is more likely upset about this then all of us combine.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 08:41 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Maybe cutting his hair may help cut on his injuries. ha!

The ol' reverse Samson?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:31 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: As a Bengal, he seems like he's become the older, self-preservation type of player.

What makes you say this?

You can say you "think" it, but there is no evidence to make it "seem" that way.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 06:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We signed a lot of free agents over the last couple years. One of them was bound to flop.

We've gotten excellent returns on DJ Reader, Mike Hilton, Riley Reiff and several others though.

It definitely feels like we’re starting to have more hits than misses in FA. We can add Hendrickson, Bell, and Awuzie to your list, too. The latter playing so well kind of takes the sting out of Waynes being a complete non-factor.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 04:52 PM)Synric Wrote: I didnt know there was a 5th Wayans brother...

"She got more kids than Mrs. Wayans."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It definitely feels like we’re starting to have more hits than misses in FA. We can add Hendrickson, Bell, and Awuzie to your list, too. The latter playing so well kind of takes the sting out of Waynes being a complete non-factor.

No doubt. I've been saying that on great teams, you'll always see where they hit on free agents and some later round picks. We've picked some outstanding guys in free agency, and hit on some mid-late round picks lately.

Burrow to Chase might be the biggest thing right now, but we wouldn't be winning without Hendrickson, Reader, Hilton, Bell, Awuzie, Reiff, Wilson, etc. So props to the scouts and front office.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've been working through one injury to my body after another for the past 20 or so years, but my performance isn't that of a starting corner in the NFL. The injuries I have had over this span would have absolutely excluded me from any major sport at any position pretty much if i were young enough and talented enough. I've also never had millions of dollars to fall back on during my many injuries. When I'm not working from injuries I'm not getting better financially and get in the hole really fast.. About 4 days now with my hand is the longest I've taken off in quite some time. I don't know what to do with myself other than feel sorry for my hand.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
While in the past, most of us have bashed the front office for being cheap or not trying, but like others have said, lately we have done pretty well with FA signings.  Don't think that teams like the Patriots have had guys not work out too, and not just because of injury, some guys just didn't work out.  Here is just a quick net search got me https://bleacherreport.com/articles/592151-new-england-patriots-10-fas-that-didnt-work-out-during-the-belichick-era                  So even though Waynes hasn't done much, we aren't the only team that gets duds.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 04:45 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Back on IR.  Paid thief.  Didn’t like the signing and have hated it ever since.  Right up there with Antonio Bryant.  Cut this turd already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is 99.9% going to be let go after this season, as there is an out in his contract.  I feel bad for the guy, but you simply can't be that injury prone (especially something like hamstrings, which screams of a lack of preparation) and have a job. 

They will need him for the remainder of this year, though, and I am sure Trae knows that if he wants to get any contract next year, he will have to have a strong finish.  Seems highly unlikely, though.  He is just a guy that fell apart during Covid and never regained his form.  

I was more worried about a guy like Tupou coming back to form after being out that long, but that guy has been really good for the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He is 99.9% going to be let go after this season, as there is an out in his contract.  I feel bad for the guy, but you simply can't be that injury prone (especially something like hamstrings, which screams of a lack of preparation) and have a job. 

They will need him for the remainder of this year, though, and I am sure Trae knows that if he wants to get any contract next year, he will have to have a strong finish.  Seems highly unlikely, though.  He is just a guy that fell apart during Covid and never regained his form.  

I was more worried about a guy like Tupou coming back to form after being out that long, but that guy has been really good for the Bengals.  

Cant feel bad for a guy that made millions to do nothing
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cant feel bad for a guy that made millions to do nothing

Sure I can.  He won't get the rest of his millions and he has to earn enough now to live on the rest of his life, which explains the staggering number of ex-NFL players that are bankrupt.  

I doubt the guy enjoys being knows as fragile and useless.  He wants to play, but he hasn't done the work to prepare and it is showing up with injuries.  
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sure I can.  He won't get the rest of his millions and he has to earn enough now to live on the rest of his life, which explains the staggering number of ex-NFL players that are bankrupt.  

I doubt the guy enjoys being knows as fragile and useless.  He wants to play, but he hasn't done the work to prepare and it is showing up with injuries.  

lol he earned more this year than most of us will make in our lifetimes if he goes broke thats on him lol
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cant feel bad for a guy that made millions to do nothing

What about when a guy gets millions of dollars in insurance when his wife dies?

It is hard for NFL players to have their dreams and identity taken from them because of injury.  Money is not everything.
Reply/Quote
I'm frustrated Waynes has not been healthy since he has been here, but some of these takes are just plain dumb and stupid. He did not fake a pec tear last year, it was visible on the MRI. And he's not faking a Hamstring this year, this is the type injury that lingers and reaggravates when you are constantly running and stopping. Fans can be disappointed he is not playing, but calling him a thief and saying he just wants to sit and collect his money is more than a little over the top. For one thing, he is looking at his next contract as well and needs to get on the field if for no other reason so someone else will sign him. He's never been a malingerer, I don't know why anyone would think he is now.
Reply/Quote