Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes "in my head I'm done"
If this is true, he left Cincinnati with a nice retirement package. I don't think this is a real surprising decision. When he had the opportunity to play last season, he didn't seem to be putting in any effort.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/20/trae-waynes-in-my-head-im-done-playing/

Cornerback Trae Waynes has not signed with a team for the 2022 season and it doesn’t sound like that’s going to change.

During an appearance on the Geary & Stein Sports Show, Waynes was asked about his plans for the 2022 season. The 11th overall pick of the 2015 draft didn’t say there was no chance that he’d play again, but he said that he considers himself to be retired.
“I mean it’s open but I’m not really exploring anything to be honest with you,” Waynes said. “Multiple teams have actually called, but in my head I’m done. I’m not officially doing it, I’d say, just because I don’t do that shit. I’m retired, but it’s not like I announced it or anything.”

Waynes was drafted by the Vikings and spent five seasons playing for the team before signing with the Bengals in 2020. He missed that year with a pectoral injury and only played five games last year because of a hamstring injury. He was released by the Bengals earlier this year.

Waynes said he “almost went to Philly” to play for former Vikings assistant and current Eagles defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon after being cut, but didn’t because he felt “ready to be done.” Waynes said he always wanted to walk away on his own terms and that “all the stuff happening with these former players, it kind of makes you nervous” about the life he’d be able to have outside of football if he kept playing.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 03:11 PM)pally Wrote: If this is true, he left Cincinnati with a nice retirement package.  I don't think this is a real decision.  When he had the opportunity to play last season, he didn't seem to be putting in any effort.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/20/trae-waynes-in-my-head-im-done-playing/

Cornerback Trae Waynes has not signed with a team for the 2022 season and it doesn’t sound like that’s going to change.

During an appearance on the Geary & Stein Sports Show, Waynes was asked about his plans for the 2022 season. The 11th overall pick of the 2015 draft didn’t say there was no chance that he’d play again, but he said that he considers himself to be retired.
“I mean it’s open but I’m not really exploring anything to be honest with you,” Waynes said. “Multiple teams have actually called, but in my head I’m done. I’m not officially doing it, I’d say, just because I don’t do that shit. I’m retired, but it’s not like I announced it or anything.”

Waynes was drafted by the Vikings and spent five seasons playing for the team before signing with the Bengals in 2020. He missed that year with a pectoral injury and only played five games last year because of a hamstring injury. He was released by the Bengals earlier this year.

Waynes said he “almost went to Philly” to play for former Vikings assistant and current Eagles defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon after being cut, but didn’t because he felt “ready to be done.” Waynes said he always wanted to walk away on his own terms and that “all the stuff happening with these former players, it kind of makes you nervous” about the life he’d be able to have outside of football if he kept playing.

That's funny, because, in my head, that C U Next Tuesday's whiny ass has been "done" since he signed his last contract.

Best example of a POS, freeloading pro-athlete in a long while. He showed Ben Simmons how it is done.
Reply/Quote
Imagine the players we could have signed with his money and AJ Green’s “final” year money.

Robbing Brink’s trucks LEGALLY!
Reply/Quote
I have no ill feelings towards Trae because it never even felt like he was on our team. Also, it helps that literally all our other FA signings were homeruns.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 03:17 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That's funny, because, in my head, that C U Next Tuesday's whiny ass has been "done" since he signed his last contract.

Best example of a POS, freeloading pro-athlete in a long while. He showed Ben Simmons how it is done.

He was injured.

That does not make him a POS or a freeloader.

And there is no comparison between Simmons, who was trashed by his teammates and refused to practice even after he was physically cleared, to Waynes.

This is just ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 03:30 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I have no ill feelings towards Trae because it never even felt like he was on our team.  Also, it helps that literally all our other FA signings were homeruns.

I'm basically in the same boat. He never really seemed part of the team. I do have to question whether or not his heart was ever really into playing here ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If MN Waynes was on the team for the back half of last season, I think we'd have won the Super Bowl.

But, Apple was playing pretty much every down over him.
Reply/Quote
I know a WR who was in MN with Waynes and he was amazed we paid the dude at all. As in he didn't think the guy was a very good corner and they were teammates haha.

That said, his injuries are what they are. It was a bad signing from the jump but it's not his fault we overpaid him then he got hurt. That's just how it goes sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 05:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: I know a WR who was in MN with Waynes and he was amazed we paid the dude at all. As in he didn't think the guy was a very good corner and they were teammates haha.

That said, his injuries are what they are. It was a bad signing from the jump but it's not his fault we overpaid him then he got hurt. That's just how it goes sometimes.

who was the wr?
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 06:03 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: who was the wr?

He won't tell you but i know who it is.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Got hurt and lost his Will to Play..... I'm sure it happens more than you think.

Agreed he isn't really a Bengals in my eyes just sucks that his $$ could of went elsewhere.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
He had that in his head before he even came to Cincy...
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 05:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: I know a WR who was in MN with Waynes and he was amazed we paid the dude at all. As in he didn't think the guy was a very good corner and they were teammates haha.

I’ve mentioned it in here before but I used to be pretty heavy into DFS and the industry as a whole used to lick their chops to roster WRs who would be matching up against Waynes for any given week.
Reply/Quote
Sucks he never got to show what he had before the injury. Wish him the best. No hard feelings. Injuries happen
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 03:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was injured.

That does not make him a POS or a freeloader.

And there is no comparison between Simmons, who was trashed by his teammates and refused to practice even after he was physically cleared, to Waynes.

This is just ridiculous.

This is hilarious. Injured. Uh huh.....

Last year the Bengals had guys come back after MUCH more serious injuries than Waynes. MUCH more serious. And much faster and more ready to fully play.... The training staff talked up players, and those players talked up the trainers who helped them get back on the field, articles were written and interviews given on all of this. The players expressed extreme gratitude towards an awesome Bengals training staff in written quotes and spoken live interviews. Coaches and trainers did so as well.

You know who NEVER got mentioned as working their ass off to come back to play? You know who NEVER got any mention at all? Trae "Ben Simmons the 2nd" Waynes. NEVER. Dude is a bum who got paid and sat on his ass. No difference between Waynes and Cordy Glen or Ben Simmons, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 06:03 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: who was the wr?

Jarius Wright
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 03:30 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I have no ill feelings towards Trae because it never even felt like he was on our team.  Also, it helps that literally all our other FA signings were homeruns.

Same way I feel and it is completely understandable to see what is happening to players after they get out of the NFL.

Lots of the players who played the more physical positions like LB and RB are dying all the time from something at a young age.

Not a coincidence, it is a rough game, almost as rough as Rugby, especially for your head with the concussions.

Still the greatest game though and if it was me and I was a badazz and an athlete like these guys I would try and go as long as 
possible before I fell off but I understand why Waynes might hang it up. Too bad he couldn't help us out, just wasn't in the cards.

Happens to some of the best players like Bob Sanders who was one heck of a Safety but couldn't stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 07:26 PM)PDub80 Wrote: This is hilarious. Injured. Uh huh.....

Last year, the Bengals had guys come back after MUCH more serious injuries than Waynes. MUCH more serious. And much faster and more ready to fully play.... The training staff talked up players, and those players talked up the trainers who helped them get back on the field, articles were written and interviews given on all of this. The players expressed extreme gratitude towards an awesome Bengals training staff in written quotes and spoken live interviews. Coaches and trainers did so as well.

You know who NEVER got mentioned as working their ass off to come back to play? You know who NEVER got any mention at all? Trae "Ben Simmons the 2nd" Waynes. NEVER. Dude is a bum who got paid and sat on his ass. No difference between Waynes and Cordy Glen or Ben Simmons, IMO.

So you are saying Trae is just soft eh?

Pretty tough sport to be soft in after playing it most of your adult life when you aren't injured but I don't know you could be right.
Reply/Quote

(06-20-2022, 07:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jarius Wright

Pretty crazy he was drafted so early and played so poorly in practice and still got that dough from us.

Should of got inside info from Jarius before hand I guess.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 08:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So you are saying Trae is just soft eh?

Pretty tough sport to be soft in after playing it most of your adult life when you aren't injured but I don't know you could be right.

It's not just me saying it... Silence speaks volumes. It's what the team and his teammates were NOT saying: Which is that Trae Waynes is efforting hard and working hard, in the building, and doing all of the right things to get back in the field. And then seeing a complete lack of results from Waynes rehabbing for every and any injury he had while in Cincy.

Hopkins, Burrow, Logan Wilson... HIGGINS playing through a torn labrum.. Adeniji coming back. All of those guys had bad injuries. Adeniji had a similar shoulder injury as Waynes happen to him LATER in actual camp close to the season and HE came back. And he is a BIG man and uses his arms more than a CB does... especially in terms of push, pull, leverage, etc. Adeniji can come back, but Waynes cannot through all of 2020? BS!

Add to that Waynes and his agent whining about wanting his money during the weird COVID off-season. Literally giving interviews "What if Trae gets hurt working out and he hasn't gotten his money and signed his deal w the Bengals yet"... and then he immediately gets injured the first time he picks up a weight at PBS?!.... for all of time? He's either soft, a crook, or both. My chip is on BOTH.
Reply/Quote