Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes "in my head I'm done"
They've hit several HR's in free agency lately. I can live with one strike out swinging.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 12:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fans are going to be frustrated with any player missing 10+ games for multiple seasons.
Especially if they sign a big contract and take up a good chunk of cap that could have gone to other player(s).

I think the biggest problem came with when he was healthy but then wasn't good enough to be a starter on the team anymore. He came back, started 1 game and then immediately went to the bench. Week 18 when they sat all the starters he played 100% of the defensive snaps. He then played 0 defensive snaps in the entire playoff run while only playing ST snaps. So the fact that he was healthy and couldn't break into the starting lineup at the end of the season was really the biggest problem, probably. It's one thing to be overpaid and hurt, it's another to be overpaid and incapable of forcing yourself into the starting lineup/getting any defensive snaps at all in a 4 game playoff run.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 12:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think the biggest problem came with when he was healthy but then wasn't good enough to be a starter on the team anymore. He came back, started 1 game and then immediately went to the bench. Week 18 when they sat all the starters he played 100% of the defensive snaps. He then played 0 defensive snaps in the entire playoff run while only playing ST snaps. So the fact that he was healthy and couldn't break into the starting lineup at the end of the season was really the biggest problem, probably. It's one thing to be overpaid and hurt, it's another to be overpaid and incapable of forcing yourself into the starting lineup/getting any defensive snaps at all in a 4 game playoff run.

Very true. Waynes being healthy and still not being good enough to beat out Apple to show he was worth any of that money 
was the topper and was the thing that really shown he was a terrible pickup. Would of been different if he was injured the 
entire time he was here but he wasn't, he got healthy at point and still couldn't contribute except on ST's. 
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 10:13 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Trae's out here now. He's enrolled his kids in the same school our kid went to, about 70 students in a K-8 public school. He also has 81 adult elk on his property right now, so maybe he's never shot one and that played into his decision. I've seen plenty of people lose their minds when it comes to hunting elk.

I'm as frustrated as others he didn't do more to help the Bengals. He is a super-nice dude, and I'm happy to have him as a neighbor.

Well that is cool, thanks for the update MTBengalsFan. 

Young Elk are tasty, it is when they get old, namely the males when I don't like Elk. They get too gamey as they age.

Too bad Trae couldn't contribute to our team much.
Reply/Quote
Free money Waynes found his retirement in Mike Brown. Knew it was coming.
Reply/Quote
Waynes may have been overpaid but fortunately the Bengals got plenty of bargains to balance it out.

Plus was not really factoring him into the Bengals equation going forward anyway.

C est la vie Trae !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
When you spent the past two seasons on the beach sipping Pina Coladas..... yeah I'd be done in my head too..

Now get me another drink and maybe some tortilla chips with some salsa?
Reply/Quote
I envy him. I'm 60 and in no sight of retirement.

Imagine retiring to your elk ranch in Montana before you're 30, where no neighbor is visible from your front or back deck. Your wife is gorgeous, and all your kids are happy and healthy. And you've got a bank account with plenty of dough, courtesy of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 04:25 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I envy him. I'm 60 and in no sight of retirement.

Imagine retiring to your elk ranch in Montana before you're 30, where no neighbor is visible from your front or back deck. Your wife is gorgeous, and all your kids are happy and healthy. And you've got a bank account with plenty of dough, courtesy of the Bengals.

Good work if you can find it...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't harbor the same bad feelings towards him some of you do. It's not his fault the Bengals signed him to a huge deal. He suffered the pec injury, then a groin injury, then re-aggravated the groin injury. If I had played football all my life, gotten to the NFL and signed a large contract, then got hurt and spent a year rehabbing, only to be hurt again, and then again, and had 50million in the bank, I would be wondering if my body had had enough and it was time to go as well. It was a bad contract that didn't work out, but that's on the Bengals. The only thing I harbor ill feelings towards him is I suspect he had the pec injury when he signed and did not disclose it, but I have no way of knowing that. I wish him well. We'll get the ring without him, and he won't have one.
Reply/Quote