Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes is NOT happy
Has to be frustrating but could use a lesson in speaking to/about your new employer. Wouldn't you want to get off on the right foot. Hoping he plays well & earns that money. We will need it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 07:41 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Has to be frustrating but could use a lesson in speaking to/about your new employer. Wouldn't you want to get off on the right foot. Hoping he plays well & earns that money. We will need it.

Well that and the fact that a lot of people are outta work and hurting right now. But nobody knows Trae' plight.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is NOT happy either...

What a convenient excuse to suddenly not be the big spenders in FA that everyone thought that they'd be.  I hate being a negative nancy over nothing, but I could easily see this deal falling apart.  I could see myself saying in a few months's time: Gee, all of that money could've gone to a top flight OT/OG but instead it went to a deal that never happened.  What a coincidence that this franchise has the longest playoff win drought...
Reply/Quote
Before everyone jumps on the bash Mike Brown for being cheap train again, what he is doing is smart, and the same thing is being done by multiple other teams. There is no reason to put ink to a deal where they will have to pay out money if there is no season, which many here are predicting. Sure, you go ahead and sign a guy like Reader because he's a guy like Reader.... unreplaceable. Waynes, not so much. I'm happy with the pickup, but it's not like he can't be easily replaced at that money.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 08:03 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Mike Brown is NOT happy either...

What a convenient excuse to suddenly not be the big spenders in FA that everyone thought that they'd be.  I hate being a negative nancy over nothing, but I could easily see this deal falling apart.  I could see myself saying in a few months's time: Gee, all of that money could've gone to a top flight OT/OG but instead it went to a deal that never happened.  What a coincidence that this franchise has the longest playoff win drought...
I can see why Waynes is mad but handle it like an adult and a professional. Newton just signed his deal and it is quite obvious that the front office is trying to hold onto that signing bonus money as long as possible right or wrong. My concern is how will this look to other players around the league who are already weary of the Brown family reputation be it true or not. I understand both sides but they need to communicate and set a date for signing or something. Agreeing and stringing someone along is not good business and bitching before you officially have the job is dumb as can be as well.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 10:52 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote:  My concern is how will this look to other players around the league who are already weary of the Brown family reputation be it true or not.

How can it make the Bengals look bad when this is exactly what most other teams are doing?
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 11:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How can it make the Bengals look bad when this is exactly what most other teams are doing?
Most teams seem to be getting them done with there prized free agents. With what we are paying Waynes I hope they look at him that way. I don't but with what they are paying him I hope they do. It seem most teams are not signing their UDF's and 3 tier free agents yet but their main ones are getting done.
Reply/Quote
Oh look another locker room issue potentially. I’d void the contract and move on
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't make too much over 1 interview when he was most likely frustrated. Now if it becomes a pattern......
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 01:18 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Most teams seem to be getting them done with there prized free agents. With what we are paying Waynes I hope they look at him that way. I don't but with what they are paying him I hope they do. It seem most teams are not signing their UDF's and 3 tier free agents yet but their main ones are getting done.

... but they're not.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 03:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ... but they're not.

They are. I am talking about guys who have agreed to deals in free agency. Not the half of rookies that are unsigned or the guys sitting out there that are not getting signed yet because of covid like Clowney. I am talking free agent guys offered a deal and excepted it. There are not even 10 players in this category still unsigned with a deal in place.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 06:29 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: They are. I am talking about guys who have agreed to deals in free agency. Not the half of rookies that are unsigned or the guys sitting out there that are not getting signed yet because of covid like Clowney. I am talking free agent guys offered a deal and excepted it. There are not even 10 players in this category still unsigned with a deal in place.

I'd be curious to see if there's anything that actually backs this up.  I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong but I can't find a whole lot out there on who has and who hasn't finalized their deals.

I did find quotes like this (from an SI article about the situation):

The Bengals aren't the only organization in the league doing this. Most teams haven't officially signed their free agents or any of their draft picks due to the inability for players to take physicals at team facilities.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 07:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'd be curious to see if there's anything that actually backs this up.  I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong but I can't find a whole lot out there on who has and who hasn't finalized their deals.

I did find quotes like this (from an SI article about the situation):

The Bengals aren't the only organization in the league doing this. Most teams haven't officially signed their free agents or any of their draft picks due to the inability for players to take physicals at team facilities.

Curious as well...
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 06:29 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote:  There are not even 10 players in this category still unsigned with a deal in place.

I was trying to find this info.

Where did you find it?  Are the ten all from different teams?
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2020, 07:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Darius Phillips reading the article:

[Image: 625.jpg]

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2020, 08:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I was trying to find this info.

Where did you find it?  Are the ten all from different teams?
Sorry for the late response all. I was down with the Covid I got while social distancing and wearing a mask. This stuff sucks. 
I heard it being discussed on Golic and Wingo as the discussed unsigned players with contracts offered.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 01:01 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Sorry for the late response all. I was down with the Covid I got while social distancing and wearing a mask. This stuff sucks. 
I heard it being discussed on Golic and Wingo as the discussed unsigned players with contracts offered.

So you got the covid while you were social distancing and wearing a mask...Hmm
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So you got the covid while you were social distancing and wearing a mask...Hmm

Yeah from work. We are all 6 feet apart with plexiglass dividers, wear masks and wash my hands till they are cracking and still got it. The entire Jeep plant is getting it here. Sick as shit for 4 days but getting better now. Luckily it didn't hit my respiratoryitory system bad.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So you got the covid while you were social distancing and wearing a mask...Hmm

You know even condoms aren't 100% effective. Even common vaccines are not 100%.

Your post leaves me to believe you thought social distancing and masks were a guarantee. They are very very simple measures to REDUCE risk not eliminate08 it.  Added that in there for you.

@WhodeyRay... happy to hear you are doing well
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 04:45 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Yeah from work. We are all 6 feet apart with plexiglass dividers, wear masks and wash my hands till they are cracking and still got it. The entire Jeep plant is getting it here. Sick as shit for 4 days but getting better now. Luckily it didn't hit my respiratoryitory system bad.

Glad to hear you are getting better now Ray. Sure is easily transferrable if you were doing all of that and still got it. Damn. Mellow
Reply/Quote