Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trae Waynes released
Here's the thing:

Trae Waynes was never hurt before coming here and then he was always hurt while here. We should sign Jason Verett that dude is always hurt before coming here...maybe it works in reverse.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Got to think he didn’t try to get healthy or play hurt.

He tore his pectoral muscle in year one. That injury required surgery and is one that is a 9-10 month recovery.  Last season he badly pulled his hamstring and pulled it again when he did try to come back too soon.  CBs need to be able to run and jump.  He had 2 major injuries...not a bunch of ticky tacky ones.  There is nothing that said he was not trying to get healthy.

From Trae Waynes as an IG story

Cincy fam- Thank You for the ride.  I want to thank the city, the coaches, the fans, & most of all my teammates for an incredible 2 years!  It didn't go as planned for me personally,  but I'll never trade what we were able to accomplish as a team! THANK YOU!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:06 PM)pally Wrote: He tore his pectoral muscle in year one. That injury required surgery and is one that is a 9-10 month recovery.  Last season he badly pulled his hamstring and pulled it again when he did try to come back too soon.  CBs need to be able to run and jump.  He had 2 major injuries...not a bunch of ticky tacky ones.  There is nothing that said he was not trying to get healthy.

From Trae Waynes as an IG story

Cincy fam- Thank You for the ride.  I want to thank the city, the coaches, the fans, & most of all my teammates for an incredible 2 years!  It didn't go as planned for me personally,  but I'll never trade what we were able to accomplish as a team! THANK YOU!

It is just too bad he couldn't contribute much. Good luck Trae. Rock On
Reply/Quote
fk em. move on ser. dude basically schemed the franchise

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn, Irwin must be expensive.

FWIW, they did Waynes no favors by keeping him this long.

Possibly,kind of a revenge sort of thing.I just don’t feel like Waynes is one of the Bengals favorite people at this point in time.Just a bad experience.Although,enfortunately,sometimes these things are going to happen.
Reply/Quote
Tretter???
Reply/Quote

FWIW, he did the team no favors by rarely taking the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:34 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Tretter???

NO we are done on the OL as far as starters.
Reply/Quote

He did us no favors being on the roster. So I’d call it even.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:50 PM)pulses Wrote: NO we are done on the OL as far as starters.

Who is the LG then?  As far as I am concerned that is a major hole in the line, it is now as weak as our RG spot was last year if not worse.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious

True, but we must have our Corner in here to replace Waynes now.

Do we really need to sign someone to take his spot on IR? You can't possibly be talking about replacing him in the lineup, he was barely ever in it.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:50 PM)pulses Wrote: NO we are done on the OL as far as starters.

Says who?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:16 PM)Bengalion Wrote: They did the right thing. As much as you may hate Waynes, I think it's unfair the blame him for his injuries. There were some articles around back in 2021 and 2020 about Waynes getting frustated and mad because of his injuries. That wasn't a Cordy Glenn like situation (correct if I'm wrong about Glenn).

I think Glenn really was hurt and had legitimate issues with his concussion.  He hasn't played football since the Bengals released him.

Likewise, Waynes I'm sure wanted to play but unfortunately his injuries didn't allow that.  When Waynes did get healthy at the end of last year he hadn't been on the football much the previous year and a half and he wasn't up to speed like he normally would have been.  He wasn't trying to stick it to the Bengals, its just an unfortunate thing he had a couple of injuries.
Reply/Quote
Well Mr. Waynes, seems like you are all out of free money.
Reply/Quote

Just like Waynes did the Bengals no favors by the lack of snaps he played over 2 years.  Cool
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:00 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Who is the LG then?  As far as I am concerned that is a major hole in the line, it is now as weak as our RG spot was last year if not worse.

You might wanna go back and read all the threads where it was discussed yesterday.
Reply/Quote
About time
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:23 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think Glenn really was hurt and had legitimate issues with his concussion.  He hasn't played football since the Bengals released him.

Likewise, Waynes I'm sure wanted to play but unfortunately his injuries didn't allow that.  When Waynes did get healthy at the end of last year he hadn't been on the football much the previous year and a half and he wasn't up to speed like he normally would have been.  He wasn't trying to stick it to the Bengals, its just an unfortunate thing he had a couple of injuries.

Glenn already had perceived problems with the Bills after getting his big payday as far as conditioning/rehab/coming back from injuries on the timeline the Bills expected, which is why they traded him. NFL teams don't trade talented sub-30 LTs for no reason.

He could have been really hurt, but self-reported a concussion and then refusing to practice once medically cleared, being suspended by the team, and then demanding being released doesn't look good.

NFL teams will overlook a LOT for talent, but not trying for two different teams pretty much blackballs you. Just look at Albert Haynesworth (and probably now Antonio Brown).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Practice squad eligible?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Glenn already had perceived problems with the Bills after getting his big payday as far as conditioning/rehab/coming back from injuries on the timeline the Bills expected, which is why they traded him. NFL teams don't trade talented sub-30 LTs for no reason.

He could have been really hurt, but self-reported a concussion and then refusing to practice, being suspended by the team, and then demanding being released doesn't look good.

NFL teams will overlook a LOT for talent, but not trying for two different teams pretty much blackballs you. Just look at Albert Haynesworth (and probably now Antonio Brown).

That could be true.  I remember at the time thinking Glenn was pulling some BS but you never know.  I suspected he might have serious concussion issues since he never played anymore football but you could be right, teams dont want players like that when they have shown a history of acting up.

I do think as great as A.B. is, he is done in the NFL.  I cant see anybody signing him with all that nonsense.
Reply/Quote