Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates
It will be a battle for the backup positions on Saturday. Zac said no starters will play. I'll go even further and suspect that very few primary back ups will play as well. Fed Ex Field is awful...I wouldn't risk any important players on that turf

Judging by Zac's comments the TE room will be Smith, Sample, and Wilcox

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 02:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I just LOVE Chad. He's one of those guys I'd love to spend a day with.

Same. Dude is probably non stop laughs and genuinely just seems like good people.
Reply/Quote
Jerry Juedy helped off with a hamstring injury

Everyday i get more and more ok with Zac not playing offensive starters in the preseason

I still want ONE drive with Burrow but i know that’s not gonna happen so i want at least 2 full weeks of Burrow throwing before we play Cleveland
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 01:34 PM)pally Wrote: They are practicing inside to escape the heat and humidity

BJ Hill and Cam Sample still out

Sydney Jones returns to practice

Spoiled Millionaires....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:20 PM)Housh Wrote: Jerry Juedy helped off with a hamstring injury

Everyday i get more and more ok with Zac not playing offensive starters in the preseason

I still want ONE drive with Burrow but i know that’s not gonna happen so i want at least 2 full weeks of Burrow throwing before we play Cleveland

Yeah I've been very optimistic about Burrow. But I'm hoping to hear he's back at practice this week because I think he's gonna need to weeks before week 1.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:20 PM)Housh Wrote: Jerry Juedy helped off with a hamstring injury

Like I've said before, I don't want Burrow within a mile of a pre-season game. It's just a stupid risk.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 01:55 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Yeah. 

Not saying the address wasn't relevant in the shooting case, far from that. But the doxing occurred when Mixon was first indicted for the road rage incident. Reporters leaked the indictment showing Mixon's current living situation and didn't remove the tweer and apologize until much later.

They made public information public. I don’t consider that doxxing. If it happened where I live they would have published his mug shot and charges online and in print, too.
Reply/Quote
Steelers certainly look ready so I can see how the preseason helps starters. Reminds me of last year Game 1 and how the Bengals walked into a war with a team who was already on 100 while they were trying to work out the kinks like it was preseason. Hopefully there isn't that big of difference in energy between Bengals and Browns although the Browns starters have gotten work.

It'll be interesting to see why they hid our udfa running backs this preseason. I am interested in seeing if they can show any promise.

Also interested in the UDFA wideouts that showed a little flash against the Falcons.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 09:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They made public information public. I don’t consider that doxxing. If it happened where I live they would have published his mug shot and charges online and in print, too.

Professionals that do the shit for a living cared enough to remove the tweet and apologize.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 09:17 AM)jj22 Wrote: Steelers certainly look ready so I can see how the preseason helps starters. Reminds me of last year Game 1 and how the Bengals walked into a war with a team who was already on 100 while they were trying to work out the kinks like it was preseason. Hopefully there isn't that big of difference in energy between Bengals and Browns although the Browns starters have gotten work.

It'll be interesting to see why they hid our udfa running backs this preseason. I am interested in seeing if they can show any promise.

Also interested in the UDFA wideouts that showed a little flash against the Falcons.

We lost that game due to Burrow losing 25 pounds in 3 weeks and not fully-recovered yet.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 10:24 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We lost that game due to Burrow losing 25 pounds in 3 weeks and not fully-recovered yet.

If you remember that game the energy just wasn't there. They walked into a buzzsaw. 

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 10:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: If you remember that game the energy just wasn't there. They walked into a buzzsaw. 

Can't say I disagree, but if Burrow was healthy, I don't think that game even comes close to how it ended up.

Not to mention, perhaps we don't punt in that sitch and Harris doesn't get hurt: even IF it came down to an extra point, would it have mattered?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 09:17 AM)jj22 Wrote: Steelers certainly look ready so I can see how the preseason helps starters. Reminds me of last year Game 1 and how the Bengals walked into a war with a team who was already on 100 while they were trying to work out the kinks like it was preseason. Hopefully there isn't that big of difference in energy between Bengals and Browns although the Browns starters have gotten work.

The steelers need to play their starters in preseason to get the reps and "momentum" going into the season. They may be on the 'upswing' according to some, but they're not in the same boat as the Bengals with championship aspirations. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 10:41 AM)jj22 Wrote: If you remember that game the energy just wasn't there. They walked into a buzzsaw. 

Buzzsaw? lol

Bengals turned the ball over 5 times, gave up a defensive TD and got sacked 7 times, yet still should have won the game at the buzzer on a simple PAT. Then again in overtime on an easy FG. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 11:34 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Buzzsaw? lol

Bengals turned the ball over 5 times, gave up a defensive TD and got sacked 7 times, yet still should have won the game at the buzzer on a simple PAT. Then again in overtime on an easy FG. 

If you could ever explain a loss this would be it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I get what Zac is doing. He's said it over and over again. It's a long season. Keeping starters as fresh as possible, particularly when the games mean nothing, is the best way to have a successful run to the Super Bowl.

Burrow? I dunno! It just feels like he's not as hurt as is being reported. Some say it's a contract thing (I find that doubtful, as his demeanor and words tell a different story). I personally think as Zac said offhandedly...all Burrow needs is a snap or two. What we don't see is what goes on when the media isn't around.

Just a hunch, but I feel like Burrow's been working with the the team, we just haven't seen it.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 11:34 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Buzzsaw? lol

Yes, the entire OL looked like a bunch of strangers who had just met one another for the first time.  It should be fun to watch then this season with only one new face in the group, rather than four new people.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 11:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The steelers need to play their starters in preseason to get the reps and "momentum" going into the season. They may be on the 'upswing' according to some, but they're not in the same boat as the Bengals with championship aspirations. 

I wouldn't say that given what they can get out of their backup QB's (no losing seasons), and I doubt even with our championship calibre team, we would get 9 wins out of our backups. 

They might still have us in the coaching category. Burrow is the difference maker. I think they are still better coached as a whole. 

Reply/Quote

This.  

There's a risk every week in the NFL.  Sure you don't want to risk it in a game that doesn't count, but I don't think it's a good idea to not have our timing down on offense before going into back to back games against very tough division foes.   I've not been a fan of don't play your starters during pre-season.  I understand the thinking but disagree. The Steelers are already hitting on all cylinders - albeit against backups.

If we come out purring right away I will be properly chastened.   But if not I will be disappointed and feel like we will have missed a chance to start the season out right.

With the calf I can see Joe not playing.  But the o-line we are going to be depending on needs reps 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2023, 10:01 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Professionals that do the shit for a living cared enough to remove the tweet and apologize.

https://www.courtclerk.org/records-search/name/

7950 Ayers Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45255

All you gotta do is click the Hamilton County Court’s record search hyperlink and enter the name. Done. It’s more difficult for me to renew my fishing license.

Not doxxing by any stretch of the imagination. Why anyone would apologize for that I don’t know. I can only assume they are trying to appease an immature prima donna who doesn’t understand what public record means.

I’m pretty sure this whole doxxing claim wasn’t a thing until after they shot the neighbor’s kid and then they had to come up with a BS reason as to why. “Joe was scared for his life because the media doxxed him” which they didn’t.
Reply/Quote