Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Training Camp Chat/News/Updates
(08-07-2023, 08:48 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Im not sure where this whole notion that Eli Apple is bad came from.  I mean I get he was a bust as the 10th pick but he played fine for us.  

Called a stigma hard to get rid of, was a solid player off bench
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 10:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Notice I didn’t say better. I said faster lol. I think we are better at corner. Not as good at safety initially.

Until we see some newbies okay I can't say we are better ar corner, Apple was a solid off the bench corner, we need to see game action to judge 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 10:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Until we see some newbies okay I can't say we are better ar corner, Apple was a solid off the bench corner, we need to see game action to judge 

JMO but Cam Taylor-Britt by the end of the year was better than Apple. With the benefit of his first training camp and some great experience playing after Awouzie went down I think he’s solid. But there is absolutely no disputing that our secondary is one if not fastest secondary’s in the NFL universe. CTB, Dax, and DJ all sub 4.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 08:48 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Im not sure where this whole notion that Eli Apple is bad came from.  I mean I get he was a bust as the 10th pick but he played fine for us.  

It's one of those things that gets said, then gets parroted a lot. Apple talked like he was a top 5 corner, which turned people off, but he was solid enough to come in as the #1 corner replacing Awuzie and allow the team to go on a 10-game win streak. That just doesn't happen when you have even one corner that is not good. The opposing QB would take advantage of that weakness over and over. Apple held up. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2023, 09:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: Carter looking dominant.

Nice power off the snap, but he looked like he got away with a hands to the face that threw Volson off-balance for a moment, before he quickly recovered and matched Carter with equal strength.  Battle of two brutes right there.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 08:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's one of those things that gets said, then gets parroted a lot. Apple talked like he was a top 5 corner, which turned people off, but he was solid enough to come in as the #1 corner replacing Awuzie and allow the team to go on a 10-game win streak. That just doesn't happen when you have even one corner that is not good. The opposing QB would take advantage of that weakness over and over. Apple held up. 

Absolutely true. But he’s still not on a team is he?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 10:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Absolutely true. But he’s still not on a team is he?

He is on the Dolphins. 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 09:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice power off the snap, but he looked like he got away with a hands to the face that threw Volson off-balance for a moment, before he quickly recovered and matched Carter with equal strength.  Battle of two brutes right there.

I don't think that was Volson, unless he changed his ethnicity...
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 12:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't think that was Volson, unless he changed his ethnicity...

Man, I think you're right.  I couldn't see the jersey number, so just assumed it was second team D going against first team OL.  Good catch.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 12:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't think that was Volson, unless he changed his ethnicity...

it was Cordell with a K

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 12:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Man, I think you're right.  I couldn't see the jersey number, so just assumed it was second team D going against first team OL.  Good catch.

I am guess it was Adeniji or Hill...
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 12:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it was Cordell with a K

Ex-Steeler QB trying out for Bengals LG....
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 12:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I am guess it was Adeniji or Hill...

Believe Trey Hill is 61 the guy who moved to the left so must be Adeniji who is also taller and lengthier.

You cannot see the number there at all of the guy Carter is manhandling that is for sure.
Reply/Quote

I knew Miami was eyeing him missed they picked him up 10 days ago

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 10:13 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: He is on the Dolphins. 

Yep, he signed with Miami
Reply/Quote
Paul D. is talking Andrei on Mo show.....

Take away. Andrei will contribute and star for the Bengals in 2023.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Prediction for Friday. 6 catches 90+ yards.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

The future is bright.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 05:09 PM)jj22 Wrote:

The future is bright.

CTB could be having a break out year this year. Shocked
Reply/Quote