Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Training Camp initial injury list.

Biggest note is the absence of Trey Hopkins name on the PUP list considering they are bringing in Austin Reiter. Hopkins was pushing sleds back in OTAs.

Hopefully the defensive linemen Wren, Sample, and Hubert come of the lists after the first week.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Already starting off with injured D lineman...hopefullly not a trend. Whats up with Wren anyway? he was out all yr and is now out again? im sorry but he loooks like dead weight at this point.
Reply/Quote
Pookah is sick? No, not Pookah!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 01:53 PM)Synric Wrote:

Biggest note is the absence of Trey Hopkins name on the PUP list considering they are bringing in Austin Reiter. Hopkins was pushing sleds back in OTAs.

Hopefully the defensive linemen Wren, Sample, and Hubert come of the lists after the first week.

A lot of folks assumed Trey would be PUP'd with the Reiter news.  I wonder if they are looking to move Trey to LG.  
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 08:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: A lot of folks assumed Trey would be PUP'd with the Reiter news.  I wonder if they are looking to move Trey to LG.  

I'm not sure that would be a productive move for the team.  As I remember, Hopkins was kind of a dud at Guard, before he emerged as an adequate Center.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 08:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure that would be a productive move for the team.  As I remember, Hopkins was kind of a dud at Guard, before he emerged as an adequate Center.

Reiter is a better C than Hopkins, so that would be an upgrade.  I've not been too impressed with Trey's work as a G, but he may be better than what we currently have there.  I honestly like Trey more as a backup.
Reply/Quote
I thought they said Reilly Reiff when I heard it on the radio. That would have been bad.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 08:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: Reiter is a better C than Hopkins, so that would be an upgrade.  I've not been too impressed with Trey's work as a G, but he may be better than what we currently have there.  I honestly like Trey more as a backup.

To me the difference is very minimal. When looking at a center pass protection numbers are secondary to run blocking.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 08:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pookah is sick?  No, not Pookah!

I remember a really old silly movie about caveman times featuring a very young Dennis Quaid, Ringo Starr (!) as the main character, and Shelly Long as well.  

"Pookah" was there caveman word for shit.  And they usually said it holding their nose and waving their arms.  I can't stop seeing that image every time I hear this kids name.  

Obviously, his parents never saw the movie. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Wyatt Hubert will end up on IR

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 01:04 PM)pally Wrote: Wyatt Hubert will end up on IR

Not to say I am happy about an injury but...we seem to have one major rookie injury every year and hopefully this is it versus some of our more key guys. 
Reply/Quote
Sorry I'm still new here not sure how to share the tweet by Hobson but Hubert our DE pick is out for the year with a torn pec.
3 years in a row with this. What are these guys trying to bench?

If anyone has the tweet feel free to share
Reply/Quote
This falls squarely on the training staff. These shouldn't happen as frequently as they have.

It clears a spot on the line though as it would have been tough for him to make it, and you want to see all draft picks get a shot.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I tried to question the training and conditioning staff last season and largely got scoffed at.

At some point you have to reevaluate what you're doing and how you're doing it. Maybe change/increase the stretching and flexibility regimen or something? Shouldn't have this many guys go down with torn pecs before the season even starts.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 01:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: This falls squarely on the training staff. These shouldn't happen as frequently as they have.

It clears a spot on the line though as it would have been tough for him to make it, and you want to see all draft picks get a shot.

I mean they happen so early.  Tre Wayne's was like first day also I think
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 01:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I tried to question the training and conditioning staff last season and largely got scoffed at.

At some point you have to reevaluate what you're doing and how you're doing it. Maybe change/increase the stretching and flexibility regimen or something? Shouldn't have this many guys go down with torn pecs before the season even starts.

seriously, Hubert is a rookie who got hurt outside of camp and has had limited contact with the team's trainers.  What exactly should they have done to have prevented this injury?

Pooka will be back practicing tomorrow

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 01:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: This falls squarely on the training staff. These shouldn't happen as frequently as they have.

Reading is fundamental...... tore his pectoral this "OFF SEASON"  How in the heck do you put that on the training staff?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 02:01 PM)pally Wrote: seriously, Hubert is a rookie who got hurt outside of camp and has had limited contact with the team's trainers.  What exactly should they have done to have prevented this injury?

Pooka will be back practicing tomorrow

Have a packet you send to every single rookie. They already send them information about playbooks and the like, yeah? They certainly send information about contracts. Add in pliability exercises that you "suggest" for them to do (since I don't know if you can assign workouts at certain points of the offseasons) or check out. Maybe find a good yoga studio to "suggest" or something.

If it even saves 1 of 4 pec tears over the last couple years, that's not a wasted effort.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 02:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Have a packet you send to every single rookie. They already send them information about playbooks and the like, yeah? They certainly send information about contracts. Add in pliability exercises that you "suggest" for them to do (since I don't know if you can assign workouts at certain points of the offseasons) or check out. Maybe find a good yoga studio to "suggest" or something.

If it even saves 1 of 4 pec tears over the last couple years, that's not a wasted effort.

Don't you think they do that through Rookie Camp and OTAs?  Injuries will happen to even the best-conditioned athlete.  All it takes is one bad move, trying to lift 5lbs too much, even body type and genetics will play into things.  

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 01:04 PM)pally Wrote: Wyatt Hubert will end up on IR

Happy to hear Cam Sample's injury isn't serious. 

He wasn't a guy I knew much about pre-draft but really liked the pick after checking him out. I think he could be an early interior pass rushing piece. I know he was listed at 267 at his Pro Day but he was 276 at the Senior Bowl and alot of sources said he played closer to 280-282. 

Reply/Quote